Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Nintendo revealed... 16:17 - Feb 19 with 10081 viewshubble

Just been clearing out some old stuff from the attic and I've found a copy of AKUTRs from May 1999 in which the identity of Tommy Nintendo is revealed. I'm sure plenty of you who were around on the old dot org remember that saga. Funny to read it now after so long. The revelation is underwhelming. Some bloke I'd never heard of at the time, although the key fact is that he was, briefly, an executive director of QPR...

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:21 - Feb 19 with 5834 viewsEsox_Lucius

The revelation may have been underwhelming but his actions caused an awful lot of stress and depression for those affected by his actions. He got off very lightly IMHO.

The grass is always greener.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:22 - Feb 19 with 5830 viewsdaveB

Who was it, I remember that all going off but can't remember who it was
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:24 - Feb 19 with 5827 viewshubble

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:21 - Feb 19 by Esox_Lucius

The revelation may have been underwhelming but his actions caused an awful lot of stress and depression for those affected by his actions. He got off very lightly IMHO.

That's true mate. Nasty business at the time,
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:24 - Feb 19 with 5824 viewssmegma

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:21 - Feb 19 by Esox_Lucius

There were two people revealed to be the perpetrators of possibly the first case of what is now known as trolling. I thought it was scandalous that both were club employees.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:25 - Feb 19 with 5819 viewshubble

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:22 - Feb 19 by daveB

Who was it, I remember that all going off but can't remember who it was

His name is Stephen Oakley. Executive director between 97 and 98.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:13 - Feb 19 with 5712 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Daves later pieces on the subject reveal how much those barstewards actually destroyed for him.

Dave is very forgiving, I'm not and never will be.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:42 - Feb 19 with 5642 viewsRBlock

Anyone fancy recapping for those of us too young to remember this?
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 5546 viewsBoston

Actually, I found the whole saga to be rather amusing. But I take little seriously.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:36 - Feb 19 with 5543 viewsBoston

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:42 - Feb 19 by RBlock

No, you’re too young for such things.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:43 - Feb 19 with 5527 viewsLythamR

Ah Yes
quite a piece of detective work. I remember the "we've got him" phone call coming through after Tommy had been tracked down and visited

Are you able to scan it Matt, I cant find the issue, expect its also in the loft
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 5318 viewsPommyhoop

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:42 - Feb 19 by RBlock

The great QPR internet war.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 21:56 - Feb 19 with 5257 viewsPunteR

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 21:09 - Feb 19 by Pommyhoop

The great QPR internet war.

Is that a young Ian Holloway playing 3 at the back formations..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 23:41 - Feb 19 with 5111 viewsBoston

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 21:56 - Feb 19 by PunteR

Not at all, it’s obviously Wenger by the look of the team, but really I think he’s trying to get a surreptitious look up the young ladies frock.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 23:58 - Feb 19 with 5092 viewsBoston

Stephen Oakley, age 65, currently the CFO at Redde PLC for a derisory 572,000k.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 0:02]

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 05:50 - Feb 20 with 4981 viewslondonscottish

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 21:56 - Feb 19 by PunteR

Yeah. And you can see Washington on his own up front. Standing in front of that giant gun.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 07:22 - Feb 20 with 4915 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Oakley is a really nasty SOB. He behaved atrociously towards the office staff, in particular towards the PR guy who's name escapes me at the moment.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:09 - Feb 20 with 4776 viewshubble

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:43 - Feb 19 by LythamR

Ah Yes
quite a piece of detective work. I remember the "we've got him" phone call coming through after Tommy had been tracked down and visited

Are you able to scan it Matt, I cant find the issue, expect its also in the loft

I haven't got a scanner Pete, but I took some photos:

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:21 - Feb 20 with 4754 viewsTacticalR

What a crazy story.

Air hostess clique

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:37 - Feb 20 with 4726 viewsisawqpratwcity

All this is news to me, but really interesting!

Do we have the later editions with the rest of this story?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 4727 viewsNorthernr

The thing about these incidents is that to somebody not involved looking in, it all looks pretty innocuous. I mean, 'I sat behind Dave at Bradford and he celebrated the third goal and made a joke with a northern guy' doesn't really mean anything to anybody does it? So what? But the constant drip drip drip of it can be absolutely soul destroying. There's a particular Twitter account doing something similar to me at the moment and you can block them and you can mute them but they're still there, drip drip drip, sitting behind you at matches, Tweeting about what you're wearing and how you're behaving. It's unsettling, and weird, and we're all meant to be QPR fans!
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:56 - Feb 20 with 4666 viewsPommyhoop

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:37 - Feb 20 by isawqpratwcity

All this is news to me, but really interesting!

Do we have the later editions with the rest of this story?

Seconded.Love to read the rest.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 4639 viewsoldmisery

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:38 - Feb 20 by Northernr

The thing about these incidents is that to somebody not involved looking in, it all looks pretty innocuous. I mean, 'I sat behind Dave at Bradford and he celebrated the third goal and made a joke with a northern guy' doesn't really mean anything to anybody does it? So what? But the constant drip drip drip of it can be absolutely soul destroying. There's a particular Twitter account doing something similar to me at the moment and you can block them and you can mute them but they're still there, drip drip drip, sitting behind you at matches, Tweeting about what you're wearing and how you're behaving. It's unsettling, and weird, and we're all meant to be QPR fans!

It's probably your fault for wearing stockings and suspenders.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 11:17 - Feb 20 with 4606 viewsBoston

Good man Hubble for digging this back up, it was an interesting part of the very interesting / entertaining days of the original org.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 11:19]

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 4510 viewsTacticalR

You're not really anybody unless you've got your own stalker.

Air hostess clique

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 12:47 - Feb 20 with 4458 viewsJuzzie

About 25 years ago something on a much smaller scale happened to me and it was indeed very uncomfortable to say the least.

Out of nowhere things started to turn up for me at work. Books, porcelain figurines etc. The ones that were advertised in the glossy magazines from a Sunday newspaper. The ones where you get sent the first one free then you start having to pay for the rest if you don't send it back.

I kept having to contact these companies in order to send them back and to tell them not to accept any order in my name at that address.

Eventually it stopped. I had no idea who it was but was very certain it was a work colleague who was a bit odd. Not that I had done anything to warrant it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024