Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan 21:51 - Feb 19 with 5406 viewsLowerloftLad

Just kept going was a great fa cup tie and have only gone and done city 1-0 again in the fa cup
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:53]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Wigan on 21:53 - Feb 19 with 4744 viewsRBlock

Man City were desperately missing a big man up top to get on those De Bruyne crosses. I see a multi-million pound bid for Smith coming this summer...
Wigan on 21:54 - Feb 19 with 4734 viewsLunarJetman

Will Grigg’s Wikipedia page seems a bit personal...

“Grigg was born in Solihull, West Midlands. Due to his severe dyslexia, he was educated at St. George's School, Edgbaston where he regularly wet himself”
Wigan on 21:54 - Feb 19 with 4733 viewsdanehoop

Kyle Walker made a right mess of that to give the ball to Will Griggs, who apparently is on fire.

Never knowingly understood

Wigan on 21:56 - Feb 19 with 4713 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Should be disqualified purely for pitch invading a 5th round win

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Wigan on 21:59 - Feb 19 with 4694 viewsisawqpratwcity

The match stats are insane...

Possession
Home17%Away83%
Shots
Home4Away27
Shots on Target
Home2Away5
Corners
Home0Away15
Fouls
Home11Away6

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wigan on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 4667 views2Thomas2Bowles

Wigan on 21:53 - Feb 19 by RBlock

Man City were desperately missing a big man up top to get on those De Bruyne crosses. I see a multi-million pound bid for Smith coming this summer...

I highly recommend they buy Washington.

I thought Man C were poor thinking they just needed to turn up and no class around the box.
Well done to Wigan

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wigan on 22:07 - Feb 19 with 4626 viewsLblock

Can you believe there's actually a striker keeping Grigg out of the Norn Iron starting 11?

It's errrrrrrmmmmmmm....

Yep, you know who

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wigan on 22:12 - Feb 19 with 4599 viewskomradkirk

Poor Connor,will be under pressure for club and country now.
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan on 22:24 - Feb 19 with 4547 viewsJigsore

Will Grigg is genuinely not very good though. He's like a lower level Cameron Jerome, prolific in League 1 but struggles in the Championship

he slipped on his arse with that finish, doubt he knew where it was going. Incredibley jammy.

should have focused on Wigan's defence instead who were extremely resolute, amazing display.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wigan on 22:28 - Feb 19 with 4526 views2Thomas2Bowles

Wigan on 22:24 - Feb 19 by Jigsore

Will Grigg is genuinely not very good though. He's like a lower level Cameron Jerome, prolific in League 1 but struggles in the Championship

he slipped on his arse with that finish, doubt he knew where it was going. Incredibley jammy.

should have focused on Wigan's defence instead who were extremely resolute, amazing display.

I disagree he took the goal well... it went in where he was aiming for even if it was a bit scuffed, Wash would have passed it to the keeper or hit the corner post.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 22:40]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wigan on 23:42 - Feb 19 with 4401 viewsPommyhoop

Just in case you haven't seen the goal ( from every conceivable angle and speed)
Nice finish tho, very Washingtonesque

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Wigan on 00:58 - Feb 20 with 4337 viewsdannyblue

Just finished watching it. Fantastic game. Really enjoyed it. Well done Wigan. Love to see that feeling they're enjoying.
Wigan on 07:05 - Feb 20 with 4171 viewsWatford_Ranger

Why do so many games these days end with a few thousand unwashed chavs running onto the pitch? I’m surprised there’s not been anything far more serious than the Simon Royce incident at Stoke in a high profile game.

Great for the proper Wigan fans. All four of them.
Wigan on 07:11 - Feb 20 with 4161 viewsPommyhoop

Wasnt he the original On Fire song?
Yup , just checked..
Sorry Wigan, Norn do it better and my old Mum lives near Derry so....
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 7:20]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Wigan on 08:16 - Feb 20 with 4079 viewssmegma

Wigan on 21:59 - Feb 19 by isawqpratwcity

The match stats are insane...

Possession
Home17%Away83%
Shots
Home4Away27
Shots on Target
Home2Away5
Corners
Home0Away15
Fouls
Home11Away6

Which is proof that the only stat that counts is the goals column.
Wigan on 08:28 - Feb 20 with 4055 viewspaulparker

im actually pretty jealous of wigan & Rochdale two teams who have things to play for, (wigan at the top and Rochdale at the bottom) but both have given the cup a real go
just for once can't we have QTR final or a special night under the lights

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wigan on 09:01 - Feb 20 with 3984 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wigan on 08:16 - Feb 20 by smegma

Which is proof that the only stat that counts is the goals column.

Oh, I hope not. That would make us 18th, not 15th.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wigan on 10:29 - Feb 20 with 3857 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wigan on 07:05 - Feb 20 by Watford_Ranger

Why do so many games these days end with a few thousand unwashed chavs running onto the pitch? I’m surprised there’s not been anything far more serious than the Simon Royce incident at Stoke in a high profile game.

Great for the proper Wigan fans. All four of them.

It's an interesting point this, was thinking about it on the way in to work.

Not excusing them, but football has created this itself in a way - it's created these multi-millionaires, and the gap between fans and top players is enormous. They're like movie stars. So there's jealousy, anger, fury all there - understandably so. You only have to look at how we felt about some of our recent players. Or how we felt about Chelsea back in 2011. Once you get to that sort of level, people want to tear you down, and those Wigan fans lived that dream and then what should be joy comes out as something more sinister.

The irony is that City are just a bigger version of what Wigan have been in recent years. Wigan are a tiny club, with a very small fanbase, backed to success by a wealthy owner, and even in the Prem failed to sell out for local derbies.

Good on them though - I was very envious. Wish we could pull off a cup shock like that.

Bare bones.

Wigan on 13:20 - Feb 20 with 3747 viewsTheChef

Wigan on 23:42 - Feb 19 by Pommyhoop

Just in case you haven't seen the goal ( from every conceivable angle and speed)
Nice finish tho, very Washingtonesque

Aye decent finish.

That shirt is awful though, stripes on the front but not on the back?

Like that Nike shirt we had which I thought looked absolutely mint from the front, until the players turned around...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wigan on 13:23 - Feb 20 with 3737 viewsplasmahoop

I don't condone violence, but I've always quite enjoyed seeing pitch invasions.(I didn't see last nights though.) Especially at a lower level. Its great when its got real feeling behind it and unbridled joy. A good example was when Rochdale got their first promotion in 36 years. Great stuff. Used to like them at the end of the cricket finals at lords years ago too. As Monty python said, youre no fun anymore
Wigan on 13:32 - Feb 20 with 3708 viewsMonahoop

Wigan on 10:29 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

It's an interesting point this, was thinking about it on the way in to work.

Not excusing them, but football has created this itself in a way - it's created these multi-millionaires, and the gap between fans and top players is enormous. They're like movie stars. So there's jealousy, anger, fury all there - understandably so. You only have to look at how we felt about some of our recent players. Or how we felt about Chelsea back in 2011. Once you get to that sort of level, people want to tear you down, and those Wigan fans lived that dream and then what should be joy comes out as something more sinister.

The irony is that City are just a bigger version of what Wigan have been in recent years. Wigan are a tiny club, with a very small fanbase, backed to success by a wealthy owner, and even in the Prem failed to sell out for local derbies.

Good on them though - I was very envious. Wish we could pull off a cup shock like that.

"Wish we could pull off a cup shock like that".

Well we could if the team was arsed at all to show some respect and competiveness to the FA Cup instead of treating it like some kind of unwanted chore to the season and consistently bowing out early. I seems though some fans quite like it this way judging by comments on here about the FA Cup in the past. I would love a decent cup run for a change.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Wigan on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 3656 viewsTacticalR

Wigan on 13:32 - Feb 20 by Monahoop

Well we could if the team was arsed at all to show some respect and competiveness to the FA Cup instead of treating it like some kind of unwanted chore to the season and consistently bowing out early. I seems though some fans quite like it this way judging by comments on here about the FA Cup in the past. I would love a decent cup run for a change.

The decline of the FA Cup can't simply be explained by clubs not taking it seriously. Stefan Szymanski's 2001 study seemed to show that it was the fans who were losing interest in it:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/215491/3010430/pag

It's quite academic in QPR's case as we can't seem to win one whether we take it seriously or not.

Air hostess clique

Wigan on 00:47 - Feb 22 with 3423 viewselnombre

Wigan on 13:32 - Feb 20 by Monahoop

Actually, even Wigan 'rested' six for the Bournemouth 3rd round replay.

While they have been a little more serious since (in a cup run largely based on opposition teams having players dismissed) it would be fair to note how badly their League form has declined since mid-Jan - down to 3rd, lost to Blackpool at home before City, key player (Powell) injured, etc etc.

Sadly, 'concentrating on the League' might not be such a bad strategy.
Wigan on 04:44 - Feb 22 with 3385 viewsstowmarketrange

Wigan on 13:58 - Feb 20 by TacticalR

The decline of the FA Cup can't simply be explained by clubs not taking it seriously. Stefan Szymanski's 2001 study seemed to show that it was the fans who were losing interest in it:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/215491/3010430/pag

It's quite academic in QPR's case as we can't seem to win one whether we take it seriously or not.

Maybe by bringing back the cuptie vouchers in the season ticket might encourage more fans to go.There is little incentive for any fans to fork out another £20-30 to see 2 reserve sides battle it out.
Wigan on 08:30 - Feb 22 with 3329 viewsElHoop

Wigan on 00:47 - Feb 22 by elnombre

Actually, even Wigan 'rested' six for the Bournemouth 3rd round replay.

While they have been a little more serious since (in a cup run largely based on opposition teams having players dismissed) it would be fair to note how badly their League form has declined since mid-Jan - down to 3rd, lost to Blackpool at home before City, key player (Powell) injured, etc etc.

Sadly, 'concentrating on the League' might not be such a bad strategy.

What do you think will last for longer in the eyes of those glancing at the record books or visiting the Wigan trophy room - The FA Cup win or the Premier League relegation?

Which footballing regimes of the early 21st century will be viewed as primitive spearchuckers one hundred years from now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024