Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gino Padula 08:28 - Feb 20 with 6264 viewsEsox_Lucius

Will be at Loftus Road on Saturday vs Forest. If you are one of those who picks and chooses which games to attend then please try to make it for this one and really give him the welcome he deserves, as the Forest fans will too I am sure.

The grass is always greener.

Gino Padula on 19:40 - Feb 22 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

Gino Padula on 18:17 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

pretty sure Paladini promised him a contract, then reneged, then we had to pay him compo?

It was related to Ramon Diaz coming in as manager. They saw Padula as a potential go between to smooth the transition - both Argentinean, shared language etc They (and by they I mean Paladini and his hangers on) knew that ditching Holloway wouldn't go well in a dressing room of Ainsworth, Rowlands, Gallen, Bircham etc.

Of course just as they were about to appoint Diaz we won, won again, and kept winning until it was seven in a row and Holloway wasn't sackable. Holloway stayed, decided to release Padula at the end of the season at which point he said he'd already been offered a renewed three year contract, which Paladini had verbally promised him and then put in writing in the form of a letter months before. Paladini tried to weasel out of this by saying that this was all nonsense and that he'd merely given Padula a letter outlining what a three year contract might look like should it be offered at the end of the season so Padula could apply for a mortgage.

Padula went to court and won, six figures. Paladini said he would pay it himself. 18 months later it turned up in the club's accounts that we'd paid it, despite being skint. Paladini said that Caliendo had insisted the club would pay it because "we're all in it together".

Did my uni dissertation on the Paladini court case and all the lead up to it, of which this was one of many small parts. Crazy, crazy time.
Gino Padula on 20:41 - Feb 22 with 1674 viewsNoDiddley

Gino Padula on 19:40 - Feb 22 by Northernr

It was related to Ramon Diaz coming in as manager. They saw Padula as a potential go between to smooth the transition - both Argentinean, shared language etc They (and by they I mean Paladini and his hangers on) knew that ditching Holloway wouldn't go well in a dressing room of Ainsworth, Rowlands, Gallen, Bircham etc.

Of course just as they were about to appoint Diaz we won, won again, and kept winning until it was seven in a row and Holloway wasn't sackable. Holloway stayed, decided to release Padula at the end of the season at which point he said he'd already been offered a renewed three year contract, which Paladini had verbally promised him and then put in writing in the form of a letter months before. Paladini tried to weasel out of this by saying that this was all nonsense and that he'd merely given Padula a letter outlining what a three year contract might look like should it be offered at the end of the season so Padula could apply for a mortgage.

Padula went to court and won, six figures. Paladini said he would pay it himself. 18 months later it turned up in the club's accounts that we'd paid it, despite being skint. Paladini said that Caliendo had insisted the club would pay it because "we're all in it together".

Did my uni dissertation on the Paladini court case and all the lead up to it, of which this was one of many small parts. Crazy, crazy time.

At the end of the game v Sheffield Wednesday he says "This is the best day of my life"
Gino Padula on 21:10 - Feb 22 with 1644 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

:)
Gino Padula on 02:34 - Feb 23 with 1540 viewsBoston

The minute I spotted his halo, I knew he was our saviour.
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/cardiff-citys-lee-bullock-and-qprs

Then that evil Roman, Paladini crossed me....
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 2:36]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gino Padula on 03:28 - Feb 23 with 1530 views18StoneOfHoop

Gino Padula on 20:41 - Feb 22 by NoDiddley

At the end of the game v Sheffield Wednesday he says "This is the best day of my life"

Prior or after his half-time appearance this must shirley be played:

Don't hold out much hope though,
I wrote a letter to the club requesting this circa 2003
which was ignored. NotThatItMattersOneFuk
I'm 52 not 15 FFS!

[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 3:43]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Gino Padula on 12:21 - Feb 26 with 1330 viewsRs_Holy

was Gino at HQ on Saturday? If so what kind of reception did the great man get?
Gino Padula on 12:31 - Feb 26 with 1301 viewssimmo

Gino Padula on 12:21 - Feb 26 by Rs_Holy

was Gino at HQ on Saturday? If so what kind of reception did the great man get?

He was, got a great reception and was an absolute raving gentleman. Spoke really honestly about the love he still gets from QPR fans and wanted us to know that 'he loves us too'.

Best bit of the game.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gino Padula on 12:47 - Feb 26 with 1275 viewsHantsR

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 12:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Gino Padula on 12:50 - Feb 26 with 1266 viewsBlackCrowe

Gino Padula on 12:31 - Feb 26 by simmo

He was, got a great reception and was an absolute raving gentleman. Spoke really honestly about the love he still gets from QPR fans and wanted us to know that 'he loves us too'.

Best bit of the game.

I barely noticed him after having clocked his wife. Wowzer.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Gino Padula on 12:57 - Feb 26 with 1252 viewsbosh67

Great to see him back. What a great player he was. Proper left back. Left nothing out on the pitch week in week out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gino Padula on 13:13 - Feb 26 with 1204 viewsloftboy

Gino Padula on 12:50 - Feb 26 by BlackCrowe

I barely noticed him after having clocked his wife. Wowzer.

You should have seen Heidar Helgusons mrs!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gino Padula on 14:29 - Feb 26 with 1153 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gino Padula on 19:40 - Feb 22 by Northernr

I would like to read that dissertation very much.
Can you stick it up on the site somewhere?

Bare bones.

Gino Padula on 21:39 - Feb 26 with 1016 viewsBoston

Gino Padula on 12:47 - Feb 26 by HantsR

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 12:55]

Came all the way from the States to hand out blankets...chocolate,nylons...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024