Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Highlights 00:18 - Feb 21 with 3972 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-utd-vs-qpr/375013

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky Highlights on 01:12 - Feb 21 with 3254 viewsdistortR

It's like Curtis Fleming never left!!
Sky Highlights on 07:13 - Feb 21 with 3117 viewskomradkirk

didn't look like we deserved anything from the brief highlights.
Sky Highlights on 07:17 - Feb 21 with 3103 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky Highlights on 07:13 - Feb 21 by komradkirk

I thought that too.According to the bbc text we were all over them for the last 25-30 minutes and had lots of chances.The highlights didn’t reflect that.
Sky Highlights on 08:25 - Feb 21 with 2974 viewssmegma

Sky Highlights on 07:13 - Feb 21 by komradkirk

You could argue we deserved a draw but not with defending like that.
Why do we only get going when 2 down ???
Once we scored the Blades retreated deep and coped with our pressure.
Conor HAS to be dropped on Saturday now surely ??? And as for Baptiste ???
Sky Highlights on 08:30 - Feb 21 with 2960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky Highlights on 08:25 - Feb 21 by smegma

Baptiste's defending for the first is very poor. Not only does he lose his man but he doesn't even realise it until the goal is scored.

The second is not his fault. He had to track the runner and be ready to block the cross to him. That the cross was pulled behind him was not his fault. The goalscorer ran from midfield and should have been picked up by midfield. Freeman is the midfielder in the picture but it's impossible to know as it was last night if it was Freeman left Lundstrom go or if he was attempting to cover the lapse of another midfielder.

Sky Highlights on 08:51 - Feb 21 with 2925 viewssmegma

Sky Highlights on 08:30 - Feb 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Baptiste's defending for the first is very poor. Not only does he lose his man but he doesn't even realise it until the goal is scored.

The second is not his fault. He had to track the runner and be ready to block the cross to him. That the cross was pulled behind him was not his fault. The goalscorer ran from midfield and should have been picked up by midfield. Freeman is the midfielder in the picture but it's impossible to know as it was last night if it was Freeman left Lundstrom go or if he was attempting to cover the lapse of another midfielder.

I havnt blamed Baptiste for either goal. Having watched the whole game his performance was poor from start to finish. As was Conor's.
Sky Highlights on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 2840 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky Highlights on 08:51 - Feb 21 by smegma

I havnt blamed Baptiste for either goal. Having watched the whole game his performance was poor from start to finish. As was Conor's.

Sorry, Smeg, wasn't meant to be a post disagreeing with you - just a couple of observations.

I thought Baptiste started well, getting a few big touches early on but then he struggled badly. They targeted him from about twenty minutes in by overloading his wing and he couldn't cope. I thought that we really missed Robinson as we could then have put Onouha at the right of the three who would have coped far better.

I feel for Washington as I feel for any player who tries his best. He never gives up, and that will do for me until we find someone better that we can afford or until Smyth is ready for 90 minutes again.

Sky Highlights on 10:15 - Feb 21 with 2786 viewsSimonJames

Great goal by Freeman...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Highlights on 10:31 - Feb 21 with 2752 viewsBrightonhoop

Sky Highlights on 08:25 - Feb 21 by smegma

This is the problem. 'Great for the last 25 mins.' In a 90 min game.

Need to get out of the traps and not fire up once 2-0 down. Far too late by then, points gone.

They were no better than us and why we dont even try from the off is unfathomable.
Sky Highlights on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 2736 viewsjonno

Sky Highlights on 09:41 - Feb 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, Smeg, wasn't meant to be a post disagreeing with you - just a couple of observations.

I thought Baptiste started well, getting a few big touches early on but then he struggled badly. They targeted him from about twenty minutes in by overloading his wing and he couldn't cope. I thought that we really missed Robinson as we could then have put Onouha at the right of the three who would have coped far better.

I feel for Washington as I feel for any player who tries his best. He never gives up, and that will do for me until we find someone better that we can afford or until Smyth is ready for 90 minutes again.

The fact that they clearly targeted Baptiste in the first half tells you that they knew what we know, he is a liability once you drag him out wide, he simply has no pace. When you add to that his failure to mark his man for the first goal just compounds a poor performance, whilst he wasn't totally at fault for the second goal, plenty of others cocked up previously, he should still have got to the cross to deflect it away. I'm afraid until we find somebody who actually provides a goal threat in place of Washington we are always going to struggle to even get a draw against the better sides or beat the poorer ones.
Sky Highlights on 11:10 - Feb 21 with 2674 viewsTheChef

Sky Highlights on 09:41 - Feb 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm hoping that Sylla will be fit soon as well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky Highlights on 11:12 - Feb 21 with 2670 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sky Highlights on 10:37 - Feb 21 by jonno

The fact that they clearly targeted Baptiste in the first half tells you that they knew what we know, he is a liability once you drag him out wide, he simply has no pace. When you add to that his failure to mark his man for the first goal just compounds a poor performance, whilst he wasn't totally at fault for the second goal, plenty of others cocked up previously, he should still have got to the cross to deflect it away. I'm afraid until we find somebody who actually provides a goal threat in place of Washington we are always going to struggle to even get a draw against the better sides or beat the poorer ones.

agree. that miss when the keeper spilled Freeman's shot. AARGHH!

Bare bones.

Sky Highlights on 13:06 - Feb 21 with 2542 viewsManinBlack

It seems to me that our approach to away games is to try and stay in the game by being on the defensive with little ambition in taking the game to the home team. Throw in our penchant for conceding goals either side of half time then it is a sure fire way to lose.

Mind you if we did start off on the front foot and take the lead I guess we would then sit back and try and hold on with the inevitable result we will lose the lead and eventually lose.

So either way we just lose...
Sky Highlights on 13:56 - Feb 21 with 2461 viewsDorse

Freeman's goal was lovely!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sky Highlights on 14:07 - Feb 21 with 2439 viewsPinnerPaul

10 min version now on offy - their goals don't look any better!
Sky Highlights on 15:11 - Feb 21 with 2363 viewsQPR_John

Sky Highlights on 13:06 - Feb 21 by ManinBlack

It seems to me that our approach to away games is to try and stay in the game by being on the defensive with little ambition in taking the game to the home team. Throw in our penchant for conceding goals either side of half time then it is a sure fire way to lose.

Mind you if we did start off on the front foot and take the lead I guess we would then sit back and try and hold on with the inevitable result we will lose the lead and eventually lose.

So either way we just lose...

So who is responsible for those tactics
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 15:12]
Sky Highlights on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 2309 viewsDixie_CT

Baptiste was never gonna be another Clint Hill for us but has had some pretty solid games for us especially when we've been struggling for defenders.

Assuming he will be let go at the end of the season but depends on what happens with contracts for Ned, Perch and Robinson. If we have to replace all three then he may stay and I would think we would be in for another long season.
Sky Highlights on 16:25 - Feb 21 with 2280 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky Highlights on 10:37 - Feb 21 by jonno

I agree with you about his performance in general, as I said above to Smeg, and before the game I stated on here that we'd miss the injured CB's, and we did. I still think that he's not at fault for the second goal and did the right thing in that situation.

And I also thing that Washington was below par, and I think that Smyth will replace him if he can build back up to ninety minutes. I thought he was very dangerous last night (though he did nick a certain goal off Washington's toe, which was inexperience perhaps).

But I'm surprised that no-one's commenting on our midfield which was destroyed in the first half, with only Scowen attempting to stem the tide. Because they have had a good season in general, I think they get a free pass sometimes when constructive criticism of them is warranted.

Sky Highlights on 16:39 - Feb 21 with 2237 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Highlights on 10:31 - Feb 21 by Brightonhoop

This is the problem. 'Great for the last 25 mins.' In a 90 min game.

Need to get out of the traps and not fire up once 2-0 down. Far too late by then, points gone.

They were no better than us and why we dont even try from the off is unfathomable.

League table suggest they are considerably better than us.

We've come along way from 'I'm happy with 21st' to being indignant we were the better team away at a top 6 chasing side for 'only' 30 minutes!
Sky Highlights on 17:25 - Feb 21 with 2193 viewsTacticalR

I still think the problem is our non-scoring strikers. Once again as in recent weeks we are having to rely on other players stepping up to score: Freeman against Sheffield United, Scowen against Barnsley, Lynch against Bolton.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 17:38]

Air hostess clique

Sky Highlights on 18:42 - Feb 21 with 2107 viewsSimonJames

In the interview with Sky Sports IH says "Someone didn't mark the man at the back post and somebody's played everyone onside and left us wide open."

But on the QPR website he says "I can’t criticise my lads. They kept going and going."

Is that a slightly mixed message to the players or am I reading too much into anything IH says?

P.s. He also said, with regards to away performances "Even our fans are singing a song about it and it's starting to get on my nerves now."
So are we Ian, so are we.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sky Highlights on 20:06 - Feb 21 with 2029 viewsbosh67

We keep getting done at the near post at set pieces and even worse a back 3 gets caught very narrow defending a counter attack from wingers. Happens over and over again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sky Highlights on 21:21 - Feb 21 with 1949 viewssmegma

Sky Highlights on 11:12 - Feb 21 by Antti_Heinola

The ball then went up our end twenty seconds later and they doubled the score. That Miss proved to be crucial.
Sky Highlights on 22:14 - Feb 21 with 1892 viewsDeepcutHoop

Sky Highlights on 11:12 - Feb 21 by Antti_Heinola

That barely looked to be a chance ffs
Sky Highlights on 22:15 - Feb 21 with 1886 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky Highlights on 22:14 - Feb 21 by DeepcutHoop

That barely looked to be a chance ffs

Thank God. I thought I was going mad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024