Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe and Wild Thing 14:12 - Feb 21 with 2172 viewssimmo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/gareth-ainsworth-wycombe-wander

A proper 5 year plan coming to fruition.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 15:08 - Feb 21 with 2053 viewsrunningman75

Definitely a future championship manager. Not calling for Oli to go but would love him at QPR in some capacity though he states it would be hard to leave Wycombe so would have to be manager I presume.
Wycombe and Wild Thing on 15:42 - Feb 21 with 1994 viewsWestbourneR

He's an impressive talker - a smart down to earth guy. Clearly done an exceptional job. What's not to like -he was brilliant for us.

The only thing missing is a footballing style / philosophy. His main job at Wycombe appears to be balancing the books, getting the ship in order and getting the team organised.

It's not clear if he's a good enough tactician and coach to get us higher up the Championship.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 1964 viewskensalriser

I wonder how many teams in the fourth tier are playing the beautiful game?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 16:04 - Feb 21 with 1940 viewsNorthernr

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 15:53 - Feb 21 by kensalriser

I wonder how many teams in the fourth tier are playing the beautiful game?

Not sure why but I'm reminded of a story one of my old journalism tutors told about Howard Wilkinson.

World Cup 90 after a match in Milan there's a car full of sports journos getting ready to set off on an overnight drive down to Rome for a game the following day. Howard Wilkinson was there scouting for England (infamously told Bobby Robson that Cameroon couldn't play) and cadged a lift with them but spent the first x number of hours of the journey pontificating about style of football and philosophy and this and that.

After a while one of them - sure it was Hugh McIlvanney - was a bit sick of listening to all this when all they wanted to do was get some sleep so he said "Howard if you know so much about all of this, why did your Sheffield Wednesday side play such terrible football?"

Howard replies: "Well it's about resources isn't it - if I'd had Romario, Maradona, Caniggia and so on at Sheffield Wednesday I wouldn't have played that way."

Without opening his eyes McIlvanney says: "Howard, if Romario, Maradona and Caniggia had been playing for Sheffield Wednesday you wouldn't have been the fcking manager."

Blissful silence ensued for the rest of the trip.
Wycombe and Wild Thing on 16:07 - Feb 21 with 1931 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 15:42 - Feb 21 by WestbourneR

He's an impressive talker - a smart down to earth guy. Clearly done an exceptional job. What's not to like -he was brilliant for us.

The only thing missing is a footballing style / philosophy. His main job at Wycombe appears to be balancing the books, getting the ship in order and getting the team organised.

It's not clear if he's a good enough tactician and coach to get us higher up the Championship.

It would be easier for you to tell us who you rate and we just presume you consider everyone else dog shit.
Wycombe and Wild Thing on 16:14 - Feb 21 with 1904 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great article.

Cheers

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 21:37 - Feb 21 with 1579 viewsisawqpratwcity

"I honestly do spend it like it’s my own money..."

As against one or two who spent it like it very definitely wasn't, but who knows, maybe a percentage ends up being theirs anyway?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 22:22 - Feb 21 with 1501 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice article. Thanks Simmo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe and Wild Thing on 00:41 - Feb 22 with 1389 viewsPunteR

He wants his bands music on CD?
Call me old fashioned but isnt CDs a bit redundant now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024