Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP sorted 15:36 - Feb 21 with 2515 viewskingsburyR

Well for Leicester anyway...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43146018

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

FFP sorted on 15:58 - Feb 21 with 2448 viewsEsgaroth

So does anyone know how much we will have to pay? or when the hell this noose around our neck will be lifted

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

FFP sorted on 16:27 - Feb 21 with 2372 viewsJuzzie

FFP sorted on 15:58 - Feb 21 by Esgaroth

So does anyone know how much we will have to pay? or when the hell this noose around our neck will be lifted

Don't worry, I'm sure another noose will replace it soon after as that just seems to be our way the last 20 years :(
FFP sorted on 16:32 - Feb 21 with 2341 viewsStanisgod

Got to be one of the luckiest clubs ever. Went bankrupt and ended up with a spanking new stadium. Massively overspent and won the league, and as good as get away with that as well. Jealous, me ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

FFP sorted on 16:36 - Feb 21 with 2322 viewsPinnerPaul

So a deal - FL have intimated they will do something similar with us.

However, both sides will need to spend a few more million on legal fees first!
FFP sorted on 16:48 - Feb 21 with 2291 viewsQPR_John

"In reaching a settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the Club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the Rules or to deceive"

So the FL think we did make a deliberate attempt to infringe the rules and attempted to deceive them. Charging a Premier League club £3.1M is loose change at the back of the sofa but £40M could possibly kill us nice to see the FL look after their own
FFP sorted on 17:00 - Feb 21 with 2248 viewsCroydonCaptJack

To be fair an difference in interpretation is a bit different to blatantly writing off the loss by the shareholders funding it.

However, this would suggest to me that a settlement may be coming as the reason that was halted is perhaps resolved?
FFP sorted on 17:03 - Feb 21 with 2243 viewsstowmarketrange

FFP sorted on 16:32 - Feb 21 by Stanisgod

Got to be one of the luckiest clubs ever. Went bankrupt and ended up with a spanking new stadium. Massively overspent and won the league, and as good as get away with that as well. Jealous, me ?

They were one of the clubs that ensured the rules changed in the first place.They went bust and paid the minimum amount to their debtors.They didn’t get lumbered with a £10 million loan around their necks.
FFP sorted on 17:11 - Feb 21 with 2212 viewsQPR_John

FFP sorted on 17:00 - Feb 21 by CroydonCaptJack

To be fair an difference in interpretation is a bit different to blatantly writing off the loss by the shareholders funding it.

However, this would suggest to me that a settlement may be coming as the reason that was halted is perhaps resolved?

But FFP was introduced so that owners could not pile up debts on the club. Surely it was not meant to punish clubs for debts that the owners accepted responsibility for
Login to get fewer ads

FFP sorted on 17:30 - Feb 21 with 2149 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP sorted on 17:11 - Feb 21 by QPR_John

But FFP was introduced so that owners could not pile up debts on the club. Surely it was not meant to punish clubs for debts that the owners accepted responsibility for

I 100% agree with you John but it was against the rules and hence the ongoing dispute.
The sooner it is resolved the better and this gives me hope it is closer.
FFP sorted on 17:49 - Feb 21 with 2096 views2Thomas2Bowles

If I win the £150M on the euro lotto, I can't invest it in the club.

My kids will be pleased anyway.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

FFP sorted on 17:52 - Feb 21 with 2081 viewsted_hendrix

You can shove FFP and FFP fines up your arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFP sorted on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 1990 viewsBoston

FFP sorted on 17:52 - Feb 21 by ted_hendrix

You can shove FFP and FFP fines up your arse.

If there’s any room left, that blue flag takes up a fair bit of space.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FFP sorted on 18:58 - Feb 21 with 1878 viewsAshdown_Ranger

"You can shove FFP and FFP fines up your arse."

...which is what most Premier League clubs do.

In fact, all of the climb-downs and compromises the FL have endured to get agreements with other offending clubs are all going to be collectively shoved up our arse (er, metaphorically speaking).

I seriously think the FL are out to make an example of us. I think the only hope is that appeal that, in a civil case, a fine cannot be imposed on a company which could jeopardise the survival of that company.

If the FL can't accept that the board can try and bail of the club by sucking up the debt personally, neither can their personal ability to pay a £40m+ fine be considered in the case.

So, as a loss-making and skint club, surely we can barely afford to pay ANY level of fine without risking survival?

Well, sounds logical (if simplistic and deluded) to me...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 19:28]
FFP sorted on 19:23 - Feb 21 with 1806 viewsswitchingcode

Absolute bollox never understood how they got away with this and ended up with a new ground.Must have set a precedence that will open a can of worms.
FFP sorted on 19:27 - Feb 21 with 1788 viewsToast_R

FFP sorted on 18:58 - Feb 21 by Ashdown_Ranger

"You can shove FFP and FFP fines up your arse."

...which is what most Premier League clubs do.

In fact, all of the climb-downs and compromises the FL have endured to get agreements with other offending clubs are all going to be collectively shoved up our arse (er, metaphorically speaking).

I seriously think the FL are out to make an example of us. I think the only hope is that appeal that, in a civil case, a fine cannot be imposed on a company which could jeopardise the survival of that company.

If the FL can't accept that the board can try and bail of the club by sucking up the debt personally, neither can their personal ability to pay a £40m+ fine be considered in the case.

So, as a loss-making and skint club, surely we can barely afford to pay ANY level of fine without risking survival?

Well, sounds logical (if simplistic and deluded) to me...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 19:28]

Ok so the club is not skint, it just cant spend money due to FFP rules and you'd think the owners would pay any fine for the breach which would not effect the current regulated budget. At the end of the day, TF and co knew the rules and decided to f*ck them off and now face the consequences. If this was any other club we'd be baying for blood.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 19:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024