Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dwindling crowds??? 08:38 - Feb 22 with 2572 viewsEsox_Lucius

8th best at filling our ground according to this story.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-leeds-united-n

The grass is always greener.

Dwindling crowds??? on 09:03 - Feb 22 with 2524 viewsNorthernr

Yeh they're all at home now, live Tweeting how fcking sht the game they're not at is.
Dwindling crowds??? on 09:06 - Feb 22 with 2519 viewsNortholt_Rs

77% capacity for our games at LR? Is this accurate? If so, it’s astonishingly high all things considered.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dwindling crowds??? on 09:12 - Feb 22 with 2506 viewstoboboly

Away crowds have been a lot smaller this year. Some of the teams in the division don't help;

Bolton
Burton
Barnsley
Boro

However even some of the games you would think the away fans would sell out haven't, definitely affects us.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Dwindling crowds??? on 09:13 - Feb 22 with 2505 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Over the years we have been quite consistent really. Certainly not the swings seen down the road.
Dwindling crowds??? on 10:05 - Feb 22 with 2418 viewsAntti_Heinola

You also have to bear in mind we've been in a recession for years. Wages have stagnated. I can't afford away games and I'm shocked anyone can - certainly anyone with a family. It's not all about quality of football etc.

Bare bones.

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:18 - Feb 22 with 2384 viewsstevec

Wonder what the percentage would be if it were based on actual bums on seats, probably nearer 60%.
Dwindling crowds??? on 10:20 - Feb 22 with 2373 viewssmegma

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:05 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

You also have to bear in mind we've been in a recession for years. Wages have stagnated. I can't afford away games and I'm shocked anyone can - certainly anyone with a family. It's not all about quality of football etc.

The article isn't about away fans but home crowds in total. We recently did a £10 offer for the Barnsley home game and still the attendance was poor so I don't think it's to do with money either. But watch the crowds suddenly rise if we do well next season. Life long supporters my arse.
Dwindling crowds??? on 10:53 - Feb 22 with 2320 viewsJuzzie

I personally find it astonishing people still use attendance and away attendances in particular to score cheap points against fans of clubs they clearly don't like.

As has been covered so many times.... ticket prices are going up all the time, travel costs are high, food & drink, credit crunch, rising rent/house prices etc etc.

Add to that the Championship is midlands & northern heavy so that adds further to the costs of people travelling from southern based areas so may affect away travelling more than the other clubs who have less distances to travel.

7 from the south, 2 from east (Norfolk & Suffolk), 15 from midlands/north.

But nah, lets still act like a juvenile prick.

Social media over the last 10-15 years has completely dumbed down society IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:55 - Feb 22 with 2313 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:05 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

Valid points fella.

If people have to cut their cloth a bit more, then it’s harder to justify the costs of starving the runt of the litter if the football you’re going to watch is crap. Now if the team is putting a shift in, well then Tiny Tim going to bed a few nights hungry will harden him up!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dwindling crowds??? on 11:10 - Feb 22 with 2283 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:20 - Feb 22 by smegma

The article isn't about away fans but home crowds in total. We recently did a £10 offer for the Barnsley home game and still the attendance was poor so I don't think it's to do with money either. But watch the crowds suddenly rise if we do well next season. Life long supporters my arse.

yeah i know that, i meant even someone like me who'd like to go to all games can't. And I earn ok money - so people earning even a 'living wage' must be struggling - even at £10 for a ticket. Money is undoubtedly a factor - although certainly not the only one.
You're right - fans pay to watch a winning team, it's as simple as that. 40,000 at Wembley was it? 30,000 at Cardiff? the moaners on here who couldn't get tickets for the home play-offs?
And yet, our average attendance would be the second highest in Serie B, and top 5 in Spain. Only Germany has really comparable figures to England for the second tier - why? Because they're priced right - the football isn't significantly any better.

Bare bones.

Dwindling crowds??? on 11:42 - Feb 22 with 2225 viewsngbqpr

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:53 - Feb 22 by Juzzie

I personally find it astonishing people still use attendance and away attendances in particular to score cheap points against fans of clubs they clearly don't like.

As has been covered so many times.... ticket prices are going up all the time, travel costs are high, food & drink, credit crunch, rising rent/house prices etc etc.

Add to that the Championship is midlands & northern heavy so that adds further to the costs of people travelling from southern based areas so may affect away travelling more than the other clubs who have less distances to travel.

Spot on Juzzie.

Also...it's been a while since I could justify a season ticket (financial / family / geographical reasons not football ones)...and what you really notice when selecting certain games is how many of the unsold seats are single seats. And let's face it, when the football's not great, the day out is often a lot more about the company...so if groups of family / friends can't get seats together they may opt not to go. For all the downsides it would bring, a new stadium would help minimise that problem.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dwindling crowds??? on 14:21 - Feb 22 with 1987 viewshoopdog

Dwindling crowds??? on 09:03 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Yeh they're all at home now, live Tweeting how fcking sht the game they're not at is.

Hit it right on the button
Dwindling crowds??? on 14:21 - Feb 22 with 1984 viewsTacticalR

Dwindling crowds??? on 09:12 - Feb 22 by toboboly

Away crowds have been a lot smaller this year. Some of the teams in the division don't help;

Bolton
Burton
Barnsley
Boro

However even some of the games you would think the away fans would sell out haven't, definitely affects us.

We shouldn't have to play against B teams.

Air hostess clique

Dwindling crowds??? on 15:13 - Feb 22 with 1915 viewsrobith

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:53 - Feb 22 by Juzzie

see also: Sky commentators being patronising to small away followings for games they've inconveniently shunted around
Dwindling crowds??? on 15:28 - Feb 22 with 1890 viewsNorthernr

Dwindling crowds??? on 15:13 - Feb 22 by robith

see also: Sky commentators being patronising to small away followings for games they've inconveniently shunted around

I hate that. Think it was Jake Humphrey on BT the other year talking about how Southampton supporter coaches had to set off at 11pm the previous night to get to Sunderland for an 11.30 Sunday kick off - which was 11.30 on Sunday because his BT Sport had put it there.
Dwindling crowds??? on 16:12 - Feb 22 with 1827 viewsLythamR

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:55 - Feb 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Valid points fella.

If people have to cut their cloth a bit more, then it’s harder to justify the costs of starving the runt of the litter if the football you’re going to watch is crap. Now if the team is putting a shift in, well then Tiny Tim going to bed a few nights hungry will harden him up!

Other clubs supporters might have to cut their cloth but not rangers supporters surely, weve got loads of money and pay the benefits of all the northern monkeys remember!
Dwindling crowds??? on 07:39 - Feb 23 with 1576 viewsdaveB

Money is a factor but ultimately it's how good the team is and what we are playing for. Attendances were crap the season before the Warnock promotion year, I was in the lower loft that year and I had a row to myself for some midweek games, following year it was jam packed.

We don't have a lot to play for at the moment, it's going to take a right cock up to get into a proper relegation battle and we won't be troubling the playoffs so that knocks a few thousand off the gate
Dwindling crowds??? on 08:30 - Feb 23 with 1538 viewsLadbrokeR

And I have my season ticket frozen at last seasons price for a window that expires this season.
Dwindling crowds??? on 08:47 - Feb 23 with 1512 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dwindling crowds??? on 10:18 - Feb 22 by stevec

Wonder what the percentage would be if it were based on actual bums on seats, probably nearer 60%.

But I am sure that is the same for all clubs so still a valid statistic.
Dwindling crowds??? on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1440 viewsJuzzie

Dwindling crowds??? on 07:39 - Feb 23 by daveB

Money is a factor but ultimately it's how good the team is and what we are playing for. Attendances were crap the season before the Warnock promotion year, I was in the lower loft that year and I had a row to myself for some midweek games, following year it was jam packed.

We don't have a lot to play for at the moment, it's going to take a right cock up to get into a proper relegation battle and we won't be troubling the playoffs so that knocks a few thousand off the gate

I think if costs were more reasonable then people might be prepared to go during the lean times. However, with costs as they are you can't blame people for not wanting to go when things are dog $hit but happy to pay when things are successful.

Look at Sunderland, full to capacity in the PL and now playing in a half empty stadium. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the current attendees are season ticket holders who have already paid upfront and the number of pay-on-the-day (as it were) has dwindled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024