Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dublin 12:28 - Feb 22 with 5557 viewsRs_Holy

apologies if this has been covered before but the search facility does not appear to be working for me anymore?
Anyway has anyone got recomendations for things to do on a lads weekend in Dublin?
I think the Guinness factory is being pencilled in but apart from that we dont have a scooby what to do???
Thanks in advance,
RH
Dublin on 17:04 - Feb 22 with 1844 viewsMonahoop

The only English pub I know in Dublin is always being burnt down. No one ever told the proprietors to alter its name, The Black and Tan!!

Avoid all bars in Temple Bar unless you like associating with hordes of screaming, hollering, vomiting Essex, Scouse and Mancunian dipsticks. You might like to take in Dublin's notorious druggy scene while there, where hard nosed users are in your face all the time and all make Shane McGowan look quite a handsome fellow.

Other than that, Dublin's not a bad place.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Dublin on 18:40 - Feb 22 with 1803 viewsRs_Holy

Dublin on 17:04 - Feb 22 by Monahoop

The only English pub I know in Dublin is always being burnt down. No one ever told the proprietors to alter its name, The Black and Tan!!

Avoid all bars in Temple Bar unless you like associating with hordes of screaming, hollering, vomiting Essex, Scouse and Mancunian dipsticks. You might like to take in Dublin's notorious druggy scene while there, where hard nosed users are in your face all the time and all make Shane McGowan look quite a handsome fellow.

Well I hate say it but our Hotel is in Temple Bar... Looks like we are not going to get much sleep.
Its a mates birthday and we are no spring chickens so I'm thinking we should use the hotel as a base and explore the other parts of town mentioned.
A couple of mates will probably end up in a club at Temple Bar when the rest of us have called it a night... so it might work out ok.
Dublin on 18:46 - Feb 22 with 1797 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dublin on 14:49 - Feb 22 by Rs_Holy

afternoon Brian... We are going in July

Sound.

Go to Croke Park for a championship hurling game, if there's no hurling game on there then go to a gaelic football game. It will be the business end of the championship but hardly sell-outs wither. Tickets should be available. Brilliant sporting occasion. Sit anywhere and savour.

The soccer season will also be in full swing. Pick any game. Plenty choice. But the GAA is mush, much bigger.

The National History Museum's brilliant and Trinity for the Book of Kells.

My favourite pubs for a nice pub crawl - The Long Haul, McDaids, Mulligans, Davy Byrne's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dublin on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 1766 viewskomradkirk

Dublin on 13:33 - Feb 22 by loftboy

3 weeks and I’m off to Belfast for 6 days, we've booked our trips in advance, plenty of time left over to explore the history of the pubs!!

If you happen to be in the Europa Hotel Belfast,make yourself known to the deputy bar manager if he is on duty.my big nephew Taylor Kirk.QPR fan so might give you a wee discount if he knows you are QPR.
Dublin on 19:36 - Feb 22 with 1747 viewssmegma

Dublin on 17:04 - Feb 22 by Monahoop

Is the Black and Tan on Little Britain Street ??

Which is weirdly in Chinatown !!!
Dublin on 12:19 - Feb 23 with 1605 viewsloftboy

Dublin on 19:16 - Feb 22 by komradkirk

If you happen to be in the Europa Hotel Belfast,make yourself known to the deputy bar manager if he is on duty.my big nephew Taylor Kirk.QPR fan so might give you a wee discount if he knows you are QPR.

Cheers for that, that place was on our “must do” bars, sounds even better now!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dublin on 14:21 - Mar 21 with 1486 viewsloftboy

Dublin on 19:16 - Feb 22 by komradkirk

Just in there and it’s his day off!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dublin on 14:56 - Mar 21 with 1466 viewsBoston

Dublin on 14:21 - Mar 21 by loftboy

Just in there and it’s his day off!!

SO...go back tomorrow!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Dublin on 01:33 - Mar 22 with 1377 viewsHooped_Pullie

My old home town...so much of where I grew up no longer exists there, though. Would (for example) have made Scruffy Murphy's Pub near Merrion Square a must-visit, but it's shut down to be turned into a hotel with flats (or some such).

Someone mentioned Doheny & Nesbitt's and O'Donohues, both worth a visit.
Dublin on 05:27 - Mar 22 with 1349 viewspaesanu

I went a couple of weeks ago, lovely place.

On your way to or back from the brewery, the 5 of you could stop by Author's, a lovely pub for 5 euros a pint.

I didn't find many pubs which went over 5 euros. Stag's Head was near Temple and that was great.

When it comes to food, it has to be Pitt Bros or Smokin Bones. Slow-cooked ribs and burger joints, decent prices decent meat to soak up the Guinness.

Really friendly place, lovely to overhear the accent. Smokers everywhere, I guess the result of being a drinking city!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Dublin on 07:10 - Mar 22 with 1336 viewsdistortR

Dublin on 16:24 - Feb 22 by smegma

I had a ticket for the game but decided to get married that day at short notice.

the information is coming out in dribs and drabs..............
Dublin on 17:58 - Mar 22 with 1267 viewsderbyhoop

Dublin on 14:35 - Feb 22 by qpr1976

Avoid Temple Bar - it's massively overpriced and over rated.

You probably will go there just to see for yourself, but try venturing a few roads further afield, much better value.
Nice place called The Bank, good food.

There's a pub on the other side of the river that is QPR based . It was the meeting place for about 50/60 of us when we played Shamrock Rovers pre season a couple of years ago. I think it was called 'The Lotts'. Not far from O'Connell St.

The U2 owned Hotel overlooking the Liffey (Temple Bar side) was nice, but expensive.

I worked in Dublin for 18 months, about 5 years ago. Totally agree with avoiding Temple Bar, as it's a rip off. Worth looking but not as a drinking venue.

We used to drink in Molloys, next to Connolly station. Also the Brew Dog by the bus station. Or the Wool Shed on Parnell St. Trinity College and Saint Stephens Green are worth a look. Grafton Street for the buskers. Phoenix Park if you fancy a kick around.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dublin on 20:33 - Mar 22 with 1236 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy your time in Dublin.

Dublin on 10:37 - Mar 23 with 1175 viewsstowmarketrange

Dublin on 12:44 - Feb 22 by thame_hoops

Who was the poster a while back asking for Barcelona trip advice and when he came back he updated the thread that he’d not left an Irish bar all weekend and saw none of city ?

I did that in Rome 2 years ago for the rugby.At least we got to see a bit more this year and even went to Florence.I never saw dougall though.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 10:44]
Dublin on 13:02 - Mar 23 with 1142 viewsBoston

Dublin on 10:37 - Mar 23 by stowmarketrange

I did that in Rome 2 years ago for the rugby.At least we got to see a bit more this year and even went to Florence.I never saw dougall though.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 10:44]

Don’t think they like dogs in the bars in Rome, anyway, time for bed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024