Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doping in curling 13:32 - Feb 22 with 1291 viewsloftboy

Russians mixed doubles stripped of their bronze!!
Only question I have is “ how does doping improve your performance in curling” ?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Doping in curling on 13:37 - Feb 22 with 1276 viewsfrancisbowles

Aren't their drugs that calm the nerves? Wasn't there something in snooker many years back.....beta blockers, I think?
Doping in curling on 15:28 - Feb 22 with 1202 viewsVancouverHoop

Based on the curlers I know, the only drug in common use is alcohol. Usually in copious quantities.
Doping in curling on 15:29 - Feb 22 with 1201 viewsNorthernr

That was my first thought but the nerve calming thing might make sense I guess.
Doping in curling on 15:33 - Feb 22 with 1192 viewsaston_hoop

I asked my curling loving and doping knowledgable colleagues and the response was along the lines of "doping will give you an advantage in almost any sport, the amount of upper core strength required to sweep hard and fast while also remaining upright on ice skates isn't to be ignored. Especially over the course of a weeks competition".

so who knew? I'm not buying it...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Doping in curling on 15:59 - Feb 22 with 1166 viewsMrSheen

Anything to help you stay awake would be a massive advantage.
Doping in curling on 16:22 - Feb 22 with 1142 viewssmegma

Doping in curling on 13:37 - Feb 22 by francisbowles

Aren't their drugs that calm the nerves? Wasn't there something in snooker many years back.....beta blockers, I think?

Beta blockers make your heartbeat drop to almost stillness. I doubt you could play curling while under the influence of them. I took them in 1998 but gave up after 3 days. I was sat on the sofa watching TV . I was so relaxed I started sliding down the sofa, before I knew it I had slid onto the floor and took ages to get back up again. They drain you of all energy.
Doping in curling on 16:47 - Feb 22 with 1113 viewsted_hendrix

Doping in curling on 16:22 - Feb 22 by smegma

Beta blockers make your heartbeat drop to almost stillness. I doubt you could play curling while under the influence of them. I took them in 1998 but gave up after 3 days. I was sat on the sofa watching TV . I was so relaxed I started sliding down the sofa, before I knew it I had slid onto the floor and took ages to get back up again. They drain you of all energy.

LOL

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Doping in curling on 17:48 - Feb 22 with 1059 viewsizlingtonhoop

Doping in curling on 15:33 - Feb 22 by aston_hoop

I asked my curling loving and doping knowledgable colleagues and the response was along the lines of "doping will give you an advantage in almost any sport, the amount of upper core strength required to sweep hard and fast while also remaining upright on ice skates isn't to be ignored. Especially over the course of a weeks competition".

so who knew? I'm not buying it...

What are your 'curling loving colleagues' taking?

I have less than no interest in the sport but I've seen enough to notice that those sweepy guys don't wear skates...
Login to get fewer ads

Doping in curling on 17:50 - Feb 22 with 1057 viewsdolcelatte

Doping in curling on 17:48 - Feb 22 by izlingtonhoop

I have less than no interest in the sport but I've seen enough to notice that those sweepy guys don't wear skates...

It was the sane drug Sharapova was taking. Aling with moat Russians. No idea how it could benefit Tennis and curling though...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Doping in curling on 19:53 - Feb 22 with 972 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You can’t have your nose that close to ice and not have a bit of a sniff!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Doping in curling on 20:30 - Feb 22 with 927 viewsaston_hoop

Doping in curling on 17:48 - Feb 22 by izlingtonhoop

I say curling loving but what I really mean is Scottish...because they love it right? he's probably like me and never watched a game in his life!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024