Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. 04:26 - Feb 23 with 4436 viewssilky

I know a lot of QPR fans have quite strong opinions on the Wright family.

I did however watch this 20min doc on Ian and his upbringing and how it worked out for him and I have to say that he's gone up in my estimations and fair play to him.

Definitely worth a watch even if you're not keen on him.

Hope the link works.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2077082662569021&id=1741979476079343

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 08:48 - Feb 23 with 4289 viewsthame_hoops

I remember a game in the early 90s at home when Alan McDonald got taken off after wright smashed him with an elbow, was in the paddocks and could see macca walk down the tunnel with claret all down his face
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 10:33 - Feb 23 with 4182 viewsDavieQPR

Doesn't matter what he has done in his life or what he is going to do he is
responsible for SWP.
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 10:34 - Feb 23 with 4178 viewsdannyblue

I saw this and was moved too.
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 10:49 - Feb 23 with 4148 viewssimmo

That doc is quite a few years old now but I also re-watched it recently and was just as moved by his honesty and how he came across generally. The bit with his old teacher and the removal of his hat instantly - that ingrained respect...

In quite sad news, I learned via Wright's Instagram recently that the Mr Piggott in the doc died . Ian was at the funeral to pay his respects though which I am sure he was glad he got the chance to do after thinking he was dead all those years!

Always liked Ian Wright, never understood why (mainly British) football fans don't like someone deemed 'flash' or whatever, especially if they back it up the way Wright did.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 10:52 - Feb 23 with 4141 views1MoreBrightonR

I have nothing against ian wright....SWP, different story and of course ian is going to defend his son at times, so im not going to hold that against him.
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 10:53 - Feb 23 with 4131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've also seen it before. Excellent documentary. Always liked him, but liked him more after watching this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 11:16 - Feb 23 with 4100 viewsMrSheen

BT Sport had a documentary about him and David Roecastle, apparently they were at school together, but had very different career paths. Wright had some funny stories, like turning up at the athletics stadium for his Palace trial and having to run to Selhurst to make the game on time, and the fact that he when he signed for Palace he was on less money than in non league.

There had always been pantomime villains like Speedie, Les Sealy and John Fashanu, who, let's be honest, we would have loved if they played for us. What grated about Wright, not his idea but he benefited from it, was the way Nike promoted him as bigger than the team, as they had done to players in US team sports like Jordan and Bo Jackson and would later do with Cantona. This led through Beckham to men like Ronaldo, Ibra, Neymar, who seem to see their teammates as no more than unsatisfactory assistants in the task of building their personal brand, unlike other s such as Aguero, Iniesta, Kane, Salah etc. Again, harsh to dislike Wright for someone else's idea and how it developed but he was an important early part of the process. And Chicken Tonight.
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:03 - Feb 23 with 3979 viewsthemodfather

ian wright is a prize tit and so is his "son" swp.....bradley was caught up in bag thefts while at saints...orrible the lot of em.
he left bbc as he didnt want to be the gimmick/fool...then comes back to do the same???
plank.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:09 - Feb 23 with 3958 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks for sharing but not a fan of the family
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 14:56]
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:39 - Feb 23 with 3908 viewssimmo

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:03 - Feb 23 by themodfather

ian wright is a prize tit and so is his "son" swp.....bradley was caught up in bag thefts while at saints...orrible the lot of em.
he left bbc as he didnt want to be the gimmick/fool...then comes back to do the same???
plank.

Why is son in "quotation marks"?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 14:20 - Feb 23 with 3835 viewseghamranger

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 08:48 - Feb 23 by thame_hoops

I remember a game in the early 90s at home when Alan McDonald got taken off after wright smashed him with an elbow, was in the paddocks and could see macca walk down the tunnel with claret all down his face

Brave man!!!
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 14:35 - Feb 23 with 3814 viewsSimonJames

I like Ian Wright.
My views on SWP are not fit for a family publication such as this...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 14:52 - Feb 23 with 3780 viewspaesanu

Enjoyed him as a player, loved that scene with his old school teacher, he's absolutely awful with 'Kels' on 606 phone-in, he's decent on MOTD.... and his offspring are scum on several levels.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 15:48 - Feb 23 with 3711 viewsBoston

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:39 - Feb 23 by simmo

Why is son in "quotation marks"?

Guessing it may be a reference to him not being his biological prodigy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 18:11 - Feb 23 with 3616 viewsPunteR

Great player. I like him but i always got the impression he doesnt like us.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 09:30 - Feb 24 with 3344 viewsHadders

I had no idea about his background and this is very articulate, honest and moving. Could do without the mournful piano and violins, but that's not his fault.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 9:50]
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:50 - Feb 24 with 3234 viewsoddball

i like his passion when the england team play, but don't like him or his odious offspring.
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:55 - Feb 24 with 3218 viewsdistortR

Didn't like him spitting at qpr stewards either.
Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 14:10 - Feb 24 with 3204 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ian Wright. Nothing to Something Documentary. on 13:55 - Feb 24 by distortR

Didn't like him spitting at qpr stewards either.

I'd forgotten that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024