Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest 10:28 - Feb 28 with 6282 viewspaulparker

With the current weather at Siberian levels what's the Coldest , Wettest, Warmest
you have been at a game

Coldest - QPR vs Forest 86 milk cup game, it was freezing it was snowing and then the floodlights went off , the old man who is a builder said to me ive been grafting out in it all day and now im sat here like a right prat freezing my bollox off , to top it all there was a massive ruck in the back of the ER stand that was just above us

also went to west ham one year with a couple of arsenal mates it was around xmas time about 23 years ago my feet were that cold I thought I had developed frost bite it was an awful game as well I had skinny stone island rain coat on and I thought it was the bollox unfortunately it offered less protection than a Rotherham social worker , I froze in the name of fashion

Wettest - Swindon away in 98 think we lost 3-1 the heavens opened and yours truly had only a v neck jumper on in an away end that had no roof , I was like a drowned rat and I even stayed to the end
West ham at home in 87 lashed it down it I think we lost 3-2 in a barnstormer cottee may have got a hat trick but again I was drenched standing in the paddocks and only had a QPR shirt over my jumper for protection

Warmest - Blackpool in 03 it was that hot that I think the central line at white city had melted
Wycombe away a couple of seasons before was hot one we lost 1-0 it may have been august bank holiday , I recall the fans singing to jude the cat
"there's only one sweaty pussy" he must have been roasting in there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 10:33 - Feb 28 with 3847 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Warmest Blackpool. I got a lovely tan at the front of the Lower Loft.

Coldest Oldham in winter (the league game away not the PO one)
and Blackpool Away in a gale. Where Chris Day had one of the best games I've ever seen a keeper have.

Wettest. Too many to recall.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 3785 viewsstevec

Warmest, last game of season at Selhurst Park, can't remember whether it was Charlton or Wimbledon, just recall it was about 90 degrees and was wilting on that huge terrace.

Coldest, Villa away. Days when you could sit with the home fans, the locals were handing around plastic bags to put over your feet, snow and sub zero temps throughout. Don't think I thawed out till we'd got back to London.

Wettest, probably the Swindon game PP mentioned.
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 12:07 - Feb 28 with 3769 viewsMick_S

Coldest - Derby away 1978. Enough money for one Bovril. Tripped over on the way to the train, palms flat onto gritty cobbles. Train window smashed and no heating.

Hottest - Blackpool at home.

Wettest - loads.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 12:24 - Feb 28 with 3746 viewsizlingtonhoop

Hottest - Boro; paddock; promotion season.

Coldest - Sunderland; stadium of Sh ite; day of the good Friday agreement; blizzards and floods nationwide; North sea blowing into face.

Wettest - England v Sweden Wembley; sat at front rain direct into face and dropping off roof. For Rangers - Selhurst Park v Palace some time in the 90s
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 12:37 - Feb 28 with 3725 viewsDiscodroids

Coldest for me was The Arsenal away game new years eve?.. a 3-1 win for us And the bloke who looked like sir Ian mckellans remedial chromosome casualty 'Walter', john jensen, scored for them.

I had a tasty limited edition 'red or dead' passport image top on from neal street, ( when red or dead was the proper red or dead, not the mass produced shite it is today), and naturally eschewed the use of a coat to showcase its magnificence to the Arsenal untermensch in the home crowd as I was in the home end.

I was so cold i ended up close to doing a shackleton eating huskies and mint cake to keep warm. fuking stupid. To top it all off i Got a whack on the sly round the back of my head on the way out Of the ground from a hand of unknown origins. It was worth it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 12:50 - Feb 28 with 3694 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coldest was Oldham. Any year. Doesn't matter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 12:55 - Feb 28 with 3684 viewsBlackandGoldR

Hottest - Yeah blackpool too, although I sit in R block so am covered up from the baking sun.

Wettest - Non QPR - England v Croatia, the one where we didn't qualify for the Euros (I think) got soaked through and we lost after bringing it back to 2-2.

Coldest - Hmm Blackburn away, FA cup 3rd round. Lost 3-0 too I think. I do remember going to wolves away in march once and it snowing. 3-3, conceded in the 96th after 4 mins added on......
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:06 - Feb 28 with 3674 viewsBoston

Wettest...White Hart Lane, donkeys years ago, slight difference of opinion with some North London chaps, got a fusillade of full beer glasses.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 13:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:20 - Feb 28 with 3642 viewsDiscodroids

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:06 - Feb 28 by Boston

Wettest...White Hart Lane, donkeys years ago, slight difference of opinion with some North London chaps, got a fusillade of full beer glasses.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 13:07]

i recall getting soaked at white hart lane when devon white picked up and carried erik thorstvedt into the net along with the ball in a 2-1 win.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:26 - Feb 28 with 3637 viewsterryb

The coldest & the wettest are the same for me.

FA Sunday Cup away to a team in Basildon. The driving rain was blown into our faces while we sat under cover, probably like it is in the Paddocks when it rains. We even had to sub our best player as he was close to suffering from hypothermia!

To make matters worse, the Basildon team had left their kit at the cleaners & borrowed our spare! Two sets of kit for the cleaners for me to organise!

Watching Rangers, both are the 1-0 win at Blackpool in January 1974.
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:32 - Feb 28 with 3629 viewsTheChef

Not all QPR games (for my sins).

Coldest - went with a Bees mate to see them play Southend in the LDV semi final on a Tuesday night, stood on the open terrace with rain and an arctic gale blowing straight through the back of you. Never been so cold at a football match.

Wettest - while on my year abroad in Italy I went to see Vicenza play Bologna, stood on an open terrace and it rained non stop from kick off to the final whistle. Totally soaked through, but I did get to see Roberto Baggio play in the flesh and score a lovely goal.

Warmest - Last game of the season on the 99/00 season I think? Away at Portsmouth, that open terrace, sun beating down, surprised I didn't get sunstroke. But we won 3-1, I think Langley scored a couple of crackers and Gallen also scored in his last game before leaving for Huddersfield.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:53 - Feb 28 with 3587 viewsSnipper

Coldest: Leicester in the third round of the FA Cup at home in about 1988. Fcuk me, that was cold.

Wettest: Non QPR. A rugby game in New Zealand in 1989. Northern Districts vs Central Districts in Wanganui (sp). It was so heavy and in your face, it was practically impossible to watch for about half an hour.

Warmest: Definitely Blackpool at home in 2003. It was 36c in London that day. I had 4 bottles of soft drink in the first half alone as I was sweating buckets.
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 13:58 - Feb 28 with 3568 viewsaston_hoop

Warmest definitely the Blackpool one, my dad still took a flask of tea to that game.

Coldest I recall was us playing Cardiff on a Friday night and being freezing, not sure I'd quite turned up dressed for the temperatures!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 14:05 - Feb 28 with 3554 viewsthame_hoops

Windiest- Wycombe away 2004....
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 14:37 - Feb 28 with 3490 viewscolinallcars

Most humid......an early season evening game v West Ham, early 70s. No segration, fans from both clubs squashed together in a packed crowd South Africe Road, standing. Must have been one of our highest ever gates.
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 14:43 - Feb 28 with 3476 viewsqprxtc

Coldest - Oldham away Feb 1992, lost 2-1. Bloody, bloody, bloody cold. My mate turned in a short sleeved shirt and a thin summer jacket. He turned a peculiar shade of blue. The Bovril had icicles on it. I think Dave Thomas (fanzine Dave Thomas) got pneumonia at this one. First time I ever had mushy peas though. Yum. It was bloody cold.

Wettest. Arsenal home FA Cup 31 Jan 1990. My 20th berfday. Absolutely p1ssed it down. Soggy to my underwear even on a packed loft. But what a night. Samson and Sinton. Hoo har.

Warmest. Blackpool home 2003. No contest. I remember going in the club shop before the game and they had no air conditioning and it was packed. The sweat was like a river on me and it was a relief to step outside into the 100 degree heat to cool off. Blackpool turned up in a black kit and got humped 5-0.
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 15:07 - Feb 28 with 3440 viewskensalriser

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 14:05 - Feb 28 by thame_hoops

Windiest- Wycombe away 2004....

Wind had a hand in all four goals but none more so than Rowley's equaliser which literally floated in from a corner.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 16:05 - Feb 28 with 3397 viewsJuzzie

Coldest - Trinidad & Tobago v Iceland - pre 2006 World Cup friendly at Loftus Road in February. Quite simply the coldest I've ever felt at a game. You'd think this would have played into the hands of Iceland but they lost 2-0.

Wettest - One of the Simod Cup type games at home to Reading. Left White City station and within seconds the heavens open up to one of the biggest downpours ever. Got absolutely soaked and me and my mate sat shivvering in the upper Loft for nearly an hour and then the game got called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Hottest - I missed the Blackpool home game so am going for QPR v Liverpool (2-2 I think) around 1989. Scorching hot day and, stupidly, rode to the game from Watford in just jeans and my QPR Guinness shirt (plus helmet of course).
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 16:13 - Feb 28 with 3388 viewspaesanu

Coldest - taking a Spurs-supporting mate for a mid-week game against Brum a few years ago.

Luckily for us, the referee was an absolute git that night. All decisions against us, maybe even a red card too, and it got the crowd going so much.

Then Damiano Tommasi scored the winner to right all the wrongs of the night. My mate loved that atmosphere, but we both cursed the cold that night freezing our nuts and toes off.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 18:23 - Feb 28 with 3295 viewsLythamR

Hottest . Blackpool . JU row A blistering and no escape
Wettest probably that Swindon game in the exposed away end
Coldest has to be Oldham, followed by Oldham followed by Chesterfield . brrrrrr
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest (n/t) on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 3286 viewsessextaxiboy

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 18:23 - Feb 28 by LythamR

Hottest . Blackpool . JU row A blistering and no escape
Wettest probably that Swindon game in the exposed away end
Coldest has to be Oldham, followed by Oldham followed by Chesterfield . brrrrrr

[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 18:30]
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 19:26 - Feb 28 with 3238 viewsloftboy

Coldest Forest away 1986. Sat in the upper tier of what was their new stand and the wind was whipping the water off the Trent and it was showering us, dropped my half time coffee as i genuinely couldn’t feel my fingers.

Wettest is a tough one as where my season ticket was in the West paddock I got wet every time it rained.

Hottest, again too many to mention but there was a game a few back at the start of the season where the paddocks actually ran out of water to sell as it was like me a furnace with the sun beating down.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 20:05 - Feb 28 with 3213 viewsToast_R

Coldest - went to see AC Milan v Calgari at the San Siro in February 2005. Up in the Gods section, the cold Alpine wind whips around that stadium like a mother f*cker. Chilled to the bone and a shit game to boot. 0-0 until injury time and AC scored. Naturally we were half way the Metro when it went it.

Wettest - Row A of Ewood Park's home stand behind the goal (I was with a Rovers supporter) against QPR in 1999. We won 2-0 and got Brian Kid the sack but my God did it p*ss down all day.

Warmest - Seem to remember the season opener in 2000/01 against Brum was pigging hot. Some poor kid puked his lunch up in the Lower Loft a row in front of us. Went everywhere and the stench stayed with me for weeks after, it was a warning to how sick we'd all feel by the end of that season.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 20:07]
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 3188 viewsDavieQPR

Stoke is cold even when the sun is shining.
Coldest , Wettest , Warmest on 23:34 - Feb 28 with 3110 viewsFredManRave

Wettest was undoubtedly the Swindon away game. Didn't you take advantage of the transparent cagoules, PP?! If there was a worse train journey home thread this would be up there with, terrible loss, drenched to the skin and standing all the way home.

Coldest game I went to was away at Huddersfield, at the McAlpine, would have been late 90's again. It was the wind chill factor as much as anything plus standing at the back in the away end close to the concourse it was like a wind tunnell which just added to freeze factor. Only time I've ever drunk Bovril at a game.

Hottest game, no idea. Presumably because I'd have been thirstier than normal....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024