Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa 17:20 - Mar 11 with 4279 viewsAgedR

Just watching their highlights from yesterday and it dawned on me that I really don’t like them. I hope they lose at Wembley, Bruce bursts the remainder of his blood vessels in his face and Terry has another blub.

Not good timing for this entirely irrational feeling I accept, as they may well get half a dozen against us on Tuesday.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 17:21]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Villa on 17:26 - Mar 11 with 3524 viewscolinallcars

I don't like 'em either but then again I don't really like anyone apart from the Rangers. That said I quite like Carlisle as Clint plays for them and it's quite a nice town and had a nationalised brewery. I like Shrewsbury because that's a nice town too. That's about it. Anyone else have the odd team they can tolerate ?
Villa on 17:34 - Mar 11 with 3500 viewsAgedR

Villa on 17:26 - Mar 11 by colinallcars

I don't like 'em either but then again I don't really like anyone apart from the Rangers. That said I quite like Carlisle as Clint plays for them and it's quite a nice town and had a nationalised brewery. I like Shrewsbury because that's a nice town too. That's about it. Anyone else have the odd team they can tolerate ?

Never knew that about Carlisle, I like them too now. If I recall, Shrewsbury has a number of statues from a nearby civic building which face away from the pitch. Amusing I thought.

I like Fulham too. They’re harmless, have a fantastic ground, play decent football, serve real ale and my son supports them. Their real fans care as much about us as we do about them too.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Villa on 18:26 - Mar 11 with 3398 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Play offs shaping up for Villa v 'boro

Pulis canny enough to turn over Bruce?

If not, hate to say it but Rupert and Tristram look like they could be heading to the playoff final (via the exploding sheep) and they would look good to do Villa.

Edit: Just occurred to me, super quick Adama Traore running through against Big Racist John (c) C. Whittingham. Now that would be a laugh.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 20:35]
Villa on 18:56 - Mar 11 with 3314 viewskensalriser

Wouldn't be surprised to see R+T take second place.

Warnock's having one hell of a season with a squad that shouldn't even be in the playoffs. Hoilett on 10, Bamba on 3, even Traore's got one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Villa on 19:03 - Mar 11 with 3293 viewscolinallcars

Villa on 18:56 - Mar 11 by kensalriser

Wouldn't be surprised to see R+T take second place.

Warnock's having one hell of a season with a squad that shouldn't even be in the playoffs. Hoilett on 10, Bamba on 3, even Traore's got one.

A hell of a season indeed. I think Cardiff will be champions. They had a rough patch at Xmas when we beat them but are going great guns again now. How's that for a triple alliteration.
Villa on 19:05 - Mar 11 with 3289 viewsDorse

I quite like Bristol Rovers - they're like the West Country equivalent of us, especially in their vehement dislike of their bigger, more successful neighbour. Small ground, great gallows humour, friendly bunch of absolute nutters.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Villa on 19:25 - Mar 11 with 3234 viewsWatford_Ranger

Quite a lot of teams I like for one reason or another. Bury, AFC Wimbledon, Barnet.

Villa, however, are complete cnts and while I don’t expect a result I really hope we don’t just roll over. Last season with a pretty rubbish side out we should have got something.
Villa on 19:32 - Mar 11 with 3208 viewsbosh67

Well they smashed up Wolves so in theory they should smash us up even worse. Given that we toiled to beat a team on Saturday with ten men that defied the word football and our rabid away form I would say that come 9.40pm we will possibly be 3 points richer, because that's what we do. Then we will go to Fulham full of hope and they'll stuff us. Either that or we'll get stuffed by them both. Or we'll beat them both. Or we'll draw against them both. Or draw and lose or draw and win.

I hope this has been helpful?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Villa on 19:44 - Mar 11 with 3158 viewsTGRRRSSS

Many sides I dont especially mind, until something happens against us, then it changhes.

Delighted to see the further struggles of MK Dons... wonder how they're doing FFP wise these days...

Is it me or is Mr Winkleman starting to wane in his interest........
Villa on 19:46 - Mar 11 with 3152 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Villa on 19:32 - Mar 11 by bosh67

Well they smashed up Wolves so in theory they should smash us up even worse. Given that we toiled to beat a team on Saturday with ten men that defied the word football and our rabid away form I would say that come 9.40pm we will possibly be 3 points richer, because that's what we do. Then we will go to Fulham full of hope and they'll stuff us. Either that or we'll get stuffed by them both. Or we'll beat them both. Or we'll draw against them both. Or draw and lose or draw and win.

I hope this has been helpful?

Of course there could be a massive freak snow storm/Hurricane/biblical flood between now and Tuesday meaning both games are P-P (remember that?).

Wycombe for me. Family ties and went to uni there and of course GA.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Villa on 19:48 - Mar 11 with 3144 viewsTGRRRSSS

Didnt we have a horrendous game at Adams Park in terrible wind and 2-2 draw with Rob Styles refereeing?
Villa on 22:51 - Mar 11 with 2724 viewsahoz

Re teams we have a soft spot for. As a kid (late 50s) used to go to both QPR and Fulham games, have a soft spot for Fulham still and hope they do well in playoffs.
Many fond memories of Kent as a kid so any Kent team. Dont know why but Ipswich Town also. And dare I say it but always liked the claret and blue colours so used to like any team with those colours.
Villa on 22:56 - Mar 11 with 2703 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Villa on 22:51 - Mar 11 by ahoz

Re teams we have a soft spot for. As a kid (late 50s) used to go to both QPR and Fulham games, have a soft spot for Fulham still and hope they do well in playoffs.
Many fond memories of Kent as a kid so any Kent team. Dont know why but Ipswich Town also. And dare I say it but always liked the claret and blue colours so used to like any team with those colours.

Don't tell anyone but I quite like Fulham because of their ground.

However the fans are a bit soppy arn't they? Konk excepted.
Villa on 22:59 - Mar 11 with 2696 viewscolinallcars

Villa on 22:51 - Mar 11 by ahoz

Similar thing with me...when I was at school and too young for away games, me and a mate used to get the trolley bus to Brentford to see them play when the Rangers were away. They were generally stronger than us then and they are again. I should have mentioned them in my earlier post especially as I like Brentford for its pubs.
Villa on 23:28 - Mar 11 with 2652 viewsted_hendrix

Don't mind Villa too much, traditional old football ground that I've never seen us win at, only thing I do have against them though is their fans on the radio after games moaning, strewth they are professionals when It comes to complaining.
Soft spot for my local team Hungerford and I always watch out for Eastleigh's results, bloke at work watches them regularly, always going on about the 'Spitfires'
Driving through Thatcham and Newbury this morning all the playing fields were full of kids teams playing football, It's great to see it..

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Villa on 23:29 - Mar 11 with 2651 viewsPeterHucker

I don't mind Burton Albion, Blackburn, Preston and Bolton.
All of them are fun away days where the locals are friendly and let you drink in their pubs without getting silly about it.
Villa on 23:49 - Mar 11 with 2613 viewsBoston

I like no-one, no-one cares....truthfully, there's really no-one I dislike enough for them to burst any of my blood vessels. I have teams I prefer to others and I have teams I prefer to see relegated, that's about it. Must admit to feeling a little sad for the clubs who were in 'the league' when I was a kid and are now languishing in the sixth or seventh levels.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Villa on 00:00 - Mar 12 with 2597 viewseastside_r

Always look out for Carlisle (my brother-in-law's team) and Leyton Orient, a mate's team and also the closest professional outfit to Eastside's castle.
Villa on 04:55 - Mar 12 with 2491 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Have a thing for Bradford.

As I recall, they needed a win in their final game of the season a good few years back to stay in the Championship. They couldn't have wished for a better opponent than us, and they duly saved the day by giving us a good hiding-to-nil. A large number of Rangers fans stayed behind and clapped the Bradford team off as they did their lap of honour.

The following season (The Pollock Season) the roles are reversed, and we were in schtuk. In the pub before (the excellent and friendly Oakleigh if memory serves), their fans were just so decent in wishing us well. Seemingly, our clapping them off the park a year early had been well received.

We got a draw on the day. After the game, they were rather generous in wishing us the best.

I still think Bournemouth's rise from the abyss to the top flight on a shoestring is beyond admirable. Wouldn't have a problem them staying in the Prem for a long time to come.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Villa on 08:10 - Mar 12 with 2279 viewskropotkin41

Villa on 19:48 - Mar 11 by TGRRRSSS

Didnt we have a horrendous game at Adams Park in terrible wind and 2-2 draw with Rob Styles refereeing?

Don't mind Wycombe, partly due to their manager, partly due to their absolute poverty, and partly because there's a Wycombe fan local to me, nice lad and always keen to chat footie.

I was at that game at Adam's Park, amazing freaky weather, without which we wouldn't have come away with a point. Walked up chatting to an old boy Wycombe fan who absolutely hated Chelsea.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Villa on 09:49 - Mar 12 with 2159 viewsToast_R

No way, they knocked us out in the third round of the FA cup in the mid 80s, totally ruined my FA Cup wall chart.
Villa on 10:17 - Mar 12 with 2111 viewsCamberleyR

Villa on 04:55 - Mar 12 by PlanetHonneywood

Have a thing for Bradford.

As I recall, they needed a win in their final game of the season a good few years back to stay in the Championship. They couldn't have wished for a better opponent than us, and they duly saved the day by giving us a good hiding-to-nil. A large number of Rangers fans stayed behind and clapped the Bradford team off as they did their lap of honour.

The following season (The Pollock Season) the roles are reversed, and we were in schtuk. In the pub before (the excellent and friendly Oakleigh if memory serves), their fans were just so decent in wishing us well. Seemingly, our clapping them off the park a year early had been well received.

We got a draw on the day. After the game, they were rather generous in wishing us the best.

I still think Bournemouth's rise from the abyss to the top flight on a shoestring is beyond admirable. Wouldn't have a problem them staying in the Prem for a long time to come.

Ah yes, plucky little Bournemouth with the near £40m loss they posted in the financial year they were promoted to the Premier League whilst breaching FFP....

Yes they have a great manager and you still have to do the business on the pitch and three promotions in six seasons is an admirable achievement but don't believe for a minute it's been achieved on a shoestring.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Villa on 10:26 - Mar 12 with 2098 viewsdaveB

Villa on 10:17 - Mar 12 by CamberleyR

Ah yes, plucky little Bournemouth with the near £40m loss they posted in the financial year they were promoted to the Premier League whilst breaching FFP....

Yes they have a great manager and you still have to do the business on the pitch and three promotions in six seasons is an admirable achievement but don't believe for a minute it's been achieved on a shoestring.

compared to what we spent to go up and what Wolves spent they didn't spend that much and plenty of the team played in all 4 divisions for them.
Villa on 10:35 - Mar 12 with 2082 viewsCamberleyR

Villa on 10:26 - Mar 12 by daveB

compared to what we spent to go up and what Wolves spent they didn't spend that much and plenty of the team played in all 4 divisions for them.

You've completely missed my point Dave. They haven't done it on a shoestring contrary to popular opinion (myth) and I'd say posting a £40m loss was spending a large wad of cash.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Villa on 10:56 - Mar 12 with 2049 viewsBostonR

Villa on 23:28 - Mar 11 by ted_hendrix

Don't mind Villa too much, traditional old football ground that I've never seen us win at, only thing I do have against them though is their fans on the radio after games moaning, strewth they are professionals when It comes to complaining.
Soft spot for my local team Hungerford and I always watch out for Eastleigh's results, bloke at work watches them regularly, always going on about the 'Spitfires'
Driving through Thatcham and Newbury this morning all the playing fields were full of kids teams playing football, It's great to see it..

One of my most abiding memories of this fixture was in 1977 at Villa Park - second leg of the semi-final in the League Cup. Almost 50,000 at Villa Park and R's withstood an onslaught from Villa to take the tie to 2-2 - Gerry Francis was a one-man team on the night. As some of you know the replay went to Highbury where Villa smashed us 3-0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024