Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey’s influence? 07:28 - Mar 14 with 11403 viewsHooparoo

At the risk of starting a new bunfight - I wonder whether our seemingly new enlightened attacking tactics and formation have something to do with Chris Ramsey in the dugout? Coincidence or not?

He was a crap manager but is still a good coach

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ramsey’s influence? on 09:35 - Mar 16 with 2401 viewsibnumber10

https://www.surreyfootballcoachesassociation.com

If anyone is interested Chris Ramsey is doing a session on developing young players on Monday 27th March 6.30-8.0pm at Fulhams training ground in Motspur Park. Normally you have to join the Surrey Coaches Assocition (only £15 per year) but guests are welcome, you do have to register via their website to attend the session.

I’ve been to many of these in the past and they are well worth the time and great value for money, especially if you are a grass roots coach and seeing that Chris Ramsey there it’s a chance to actually see how he operates.
Ramsey’s influence? on 12:57 - Mar 16 with 2315 viewspaulparker

Ramsey’s influence? on 14:16 - Mar 15 by Antti_Heinola

We also played some lovely exciting attacking football under him - admittedly at the loss of solidity at the back.

2 games , Wolves away and Bolton at home
hardly the buccaneering Newcastle team of 1996 is it

it was mostly pathetic displays, Charlton away, City away, Leicester away Palace away , Fulham away , Brentford away derby away , all pretty much spankings where we had zero attempts on goal
west ham home , Everton home , Forest at home Carlisle , Blackburn home in games we gave away or didn't bother , or simply ran out of ideas
this is the master coach who thought karl henry playing left wing was a good idea if paul hart had done it he would have been slaughted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey’s influence? on 14:00 - Mar 16 with 2273 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ramsey’s influence? on 12:57 - Mar 16 by paulparker

2 games , Wolves away and Bolton at home
hardly the buccaneering Newcastle team of 1996 is it

it was mostly pathetic displays, Charlton away, City away, Leicester away Palace away , Fulham away , Brentford away derby away , all pretty much spankings where we had zero attempts on goal
west ham home , Everton home , Forest at home Carlisle , Blackburn home in games we gave away or didn't bother , or simply ran out of ideas
this is the master coach who thought karl henry playing left wing was a good idea if paul hart had done it he would have been slaughted

Ramsey was slaughtered for it. I was fuming about it. You're still doing it.

I'm not saying he was some incredible manager, because I don't think he was. But we scored three or more goals in our first five games of his first full season - we've managed three goals twice in 40 games this season. All I'm saying is, he wasn't all bad. Really enjoyed Wolves away, Sunderland away, Bolton at home. Played some nice stuff. That was a fkn difficult team to manage, particularly in the Prem, being as it was so full of overpaid assholes - i think that gets overlooked.

Bare bones.

Ramsey’s influence? on 11:49 - Mar 17 with 2121 viewsgazza1

absolute tosh....ramsey didn't have a clue-nice football my backside.
Ramsey’s influence? on 15:01 - Mar 17 with 2047 viewsEsox_Lucius

Definitely having a big influence on the attacking intent of the team, and possibly the change of formation to allow it.

The grass is always greener.

Ramsey’s influence? on 01:13 - Mar 18 with 1880 viewsgazza1

how do you know that?
Ramsey’s influence? on 09:07 - Mar 18 with 1756 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ramsey’s influence? on 01:13 - Mar 18 by gazza1

how do you know that?

Circumstantial evidence. Since the Forest game we have been a much more attacking team and scored more goals than we have done in a while. As pointed out above, under Chris Ramsey we were the leagues leading scorers for a while but then it all turned to shit. There were large sections of the crowd who would not accept him as a manager for whatever reasons and this took it's toll. Under CR's supervision the U23's had become a free scoring, and winning, team until a lot of the team was broken up and sent out on loan to improve their skills and abilities. We are seeing the benefits of all this in the first team now with the exciting youngsters stamping their mark on games against experienced, and often higher regarded, opponents. Ramsey wasn't the success that few people hoped he would be but there is no doubt he has worked wonders in the rest of the teams at the club, along with their coaches, and I would posit that it is no coincidence that the attacking intent we are now seeing is a result of his discussions and input with IH & MB. The animated chat at half time between them at Fulham would also indicate a level of input into the proceedings too. I have tried to give a balanced response to your question rather than an antagonistic "how do you you it isn't" and I hope you will bear that in mind.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024