Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey’s influence? 07:28 - Mar 14 with 11385 viewsHooparoo

At the risk of starting a new bunfight - I wonder whether our seemingly new enlightened attacking tactics and formation have something to do with Chris Ramsey in the dugout? Coincidence or not?

He was a crap manager but is still a good coach

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:30 - Mar 14 with 6201 viewsPommyhoop

No coincidence. He's known to a brilliant coach, especially with youngsters.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:31 - Mar 14 with 6194 viewsdaveB

I think it's a lot more to do with how we lost to Forest than Ramsey coming in.

I don't think we've become more attacking, just taken our chances in the last few games which wasn't happening before
Ramsey’s influence? on 07:32 - Mar 14 with 6177 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No way of knowing really, but I was wondering the same. That's not to take away from Holloway who takes the blame as the manager so should take the credit as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:40 - Mar 14 with 6135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:31 - Mar 14 by daveB

I think it's a lot more to do with how we lost to Forest than Ramsey coming in.

I don't think we've become more attacking, just taken our chances in the last few games which wasn't happening before

I didn't want to say this last night for fear of wrecking the party. We did play well last night and Eze made a huge difference for us, keeping the ball to allow us to turn defence into attack, time and time again.

However, as you say, one factor in our win was that we converted chances into goals, and another was that we defended very well for nearly ninety minutes, neither of which has been the norm.

I do prefer 4231 and it has helped us, but the above two factors were just as important as the formation last night, I thought.

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:48 - Mar 14 with 6103 viewsHooparoo

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:40 - Mar 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I didn't want to say this last night for fear of wrecking the party. We did play well last night and Eze made a huge difference for us, keeping the ball to allow us to turn defence into attack, time and time again.

However, as you say, one factor in our win was that we converted chances into goals, and another was that we defended very well for nearly ninety minutes, neither of which has been the norm.

I do prefer 4231 and it has helped us, but the above two factors were just as important as the formation last night, I thought.

Very good points. Something has certainly clicked lately.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:52 - Mar 14 with 6079 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:30 - Mar 14 by Pommyhoop

No coincidence. He's known to a brilliant coach, especially with youngsters.

I think this was and remains true and we're lucky to have him guiding our pups.

No point raking over old coals about the intelligence of his two appointments as first team manager, but as a coach at youth level, we've a good 'un in Ramsey.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ramsey’s influence? (n/t) on 08:47 - Mar 14 with 5846 viewsChurchie

Ramsey’s influence? on 08:51 - Mar 14 with 5829 viewsChurchie

Good day to post this. Most of the pond life is under a rock this morning.
Well done Ollie and the boys. Mission accomplished.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey’s influence? on 09:34 - Mar 14 with 5676 viewspaulparker

Im not Ollies biggest fan this season but its down to the manager that we have won the last 2 games , was it down to Curtis Fleming that we beat wolves and sheff utd in the same week earlier in the season ? no it wasn't Ollie picked the team and the tactics and gave the team talk , he gets stick ( and rightly so at times when we lose) so he should get the plaudits when we win
the myth that Chris Ramsey is some coaching Guru master don is exactly that a myth

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey’s influence? on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 5668 viewsloftboy

I’m a delivery driver, according to my customer feedback I’m good at my job and deliver a good service, however if this feedback gave me an opportunity to get promoted into an admin position I would probably be crap at my job and out of my depth, surely the same principal applies in all walks of life including the football management ladder. IE Ramsey is good at the job he’s paid to do but put him up a rung and he’s out his depth. He definitely itself deserves some kind of plaudit for the under 23’s.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ramsey’s influence? on 09:41 - Mar 14 with 5638 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey’s influence? on 10:51 - Mar 14 with 5512 viewsderbyhoop

Ramsey’s influence? on 09:34 - Mar 14 by paulparker

Im not Ollies biggest fan this season but its down to the manager that we have won the last 2 games , was it down to Curtis Fleming that we beat wolves and sheff utd in the same week earlier in the season ? no it wasn't Ollie picked the team and the tactics and gave the team talk , he gets stick ( and rightly so at times when we lose) so he should get the plaudits when we win
the myth that Chris Ramsey is some coaching Guru master don is exactly that a myth

I've got to disagree with that last sentence, PP.
Ramsey is one of the most respected English coaches around. It can't be coincidence that the emergence of so much young talent at Spurs and, now, seemingly, at QPR , is down to luck ( or myth as you put it).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramsey’s influence? on 11:11 - Mar 14 with 5438 viewsBerkoRanger

Ramsey’s influence? on 07:32 - Mar 14 by BrianMcCarthy

No way of knowing really, but I was wondering the same. That's not to take away from Holloway who takes the blame as the manager so should take the credit as well.

I was also thinking the same thing - Chris is supposed to be a really good coach.
Ramsey’s influence? on 11:14 - Mar 14 with 5419 viewsgazza1

if CR was as good as people are suggesting, do you think spurs would have let him go and he would still be at mighty rangers? decent with the youngsters - yes I agree.
Ramsey’s influence? on 11:15 - Mar 14 with 5419 viewsBerkoRanger

Ramsey’s influence? on 10:51 - Mar 14 by derbyhoop

Ramsey is one of the most respected English coaches around. It can't be coincidence that the emergence of so much young talent at Spurs and, now, seemingly, at QPR , is down to luck ( or myth as you put it).

CR was particularly credited for his coaching work with a younger Harry Kane!
Ramsey’s influence? on 11:17 - Mar 14 with 5404 viewsgazza1

but spurs let him go!!
Ramsey’s influence? on 11:19 - Mar 14 with 5395 viewsGloucs_R

I'm not getting excited, we'll probably get stuffed at the weekend now....

Ollie was at his best with a good number 2, Jackett when he was at QPR. Maybe it was the CR influence, too early to tell.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ramsey’s influence? on 11:37 - Mar 14 with 5338 viewspaulparker

Ramsey’s influence? on 10:51 - Mar 14 by derbyhoop

Im not saying he is a bad youth coach but its utter bollox to suggest because he is sitting next to Ollie that we are now performing like Brazil ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey’s influence? on 11:46 - Mar 14 with 5319 viewsclassof93

Ramsey’s influence? on 09:34 - Mar 14 by paulparker

Have heard loads of players who have worked with him say he is a great coach.....and he is well respected in the game for his coaching experience. But obviously you know this is a "myth" ............because he got stitched up by Fernandes being given that job, told to build long term then TF tweeting about promotion and then given loads of grief by some of our idiotic fans for not being top of the league. You obviously know a lot more about his coaching abilities though....presume you have worked with him?
Ramsey’s influence? on 11:55 - Mar 14 with 5290 viewstimcocking

We'll never know if he was a cr@p manager or not, he wasn't given enough time.
Ramsey’s influence? on 12:09 - Mar 14 with 5247 viewspaulparker

Ramsey’s influence? on 11:46 - Mar 14 by classof93

Have heard loads of players who have worked with him say he is a great coach.....and he is well respected in the game for his coaching experience. But obviously you know this is a "myth" ............because he got stitched up by Fernandes being given that job, told to build long term then TF tweeting about promotion and then given loads of grief by some of our idiotic fans for not being top of the league. You obviously know a lot more about his coaching abilities though....presume you have worked with him?

what players MR ITK ???? class of 93 friend of the players indeed

I know as much as you do which is probably fcuk all but its my OPINION based on what crap I witnessed and what was served up under his mis management , btw im no TF fan but how was he stitched up , he was given an opportunity which he never took , did you see any of our defensive displays during that time MR ITK ? if you did then you could see that they wasn't coached as a unit whatsoever , did you see the big target man JET take long throws to no one ? did you see our set piece routines ?
now the point im making is because he is sat next to Holloway doesn't mean we have suddenly become Real Madrid, yes he is a good youth coach but its no different to having Curtis fleming on the bench when we beat wolves or sheff utd,
its a great myth that when you look up coach in the dictionary we see chris Ramsey's face ,

Ramsey’s influence? on 12:19 - Mar 14 with 5220 viewsngbqpr

Can I venture to suggest that the management & coaching staff work together all week as a team...and perhaps rather than individualising it all, we commend the whole management team for performances like last night; and question the whole management team for performances like Forest?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ramsey’s influence? on 12:32 - Mar 14 with 5190 viewsDaiHo0p

Too much overthinking chaps - we dropped Washington that's all..
Ramsey’s influence? on 12:33 - Mar 14 with 5183 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ramsey’s influence? on 12:19 - Mar 14 by ngbqpr

Can I venture to suggest that the management & coaching staff work together all week as a team...and perhaps rather than individualising it all, we commend the whole management team for performances like last night; and question the whole management team for performances like Forest?

Spot on.

Ramsey’s influence? on 12:44 - Mar 14 with 5132 viewsloneranger1

Ramsey’s influence? on 12:19 - Mar 14 by ngbqpr

Well said!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024