Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ned 11:09 - Mar 14 with 3500 viewsdannyblue

I just wanted to give Ned a shout out. I hate him at rightback (thank god Holloway doesn't play him there) and I'm terrified whenever he has the ball at his feet, but.......

We're a much more successful team with him in the side.

With him, we've won 11 out of 26
Without him, we've won only 2 out of 14.

And if we have both Ned and Jack Robinson in the side we've won 44% of our games.
Without them we've won 23% and lost 50%

Hopefully we can do good deals to get them both signed up for next season.

(the filter function on this is diverting: http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2093&teamTabs=results)
Ned on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 3426 viewsPommyhoop

Said it before and I'll say it again Ned has always been one half of our best possible CB partnership. Even in the days of Clint and Ryan Nelsen. Ned with either one of those 2 was always better than those 2 together... Pace .The word is Pace...
Well done Chief .Keep the haters down...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ned on 11:53 - Mar 14 with 3376 viewstimcocking

Stats shats, but at this level, Ned's typically a solid influence all around.

He's done himself proud with his contribution to QPR over a very difficult time and never done anything wrong, apart from have a shaky first touch. That's why he's not playing up front.

And Jack Robinson will likely get my vote for player of the season.
Ned on 11:53 - Mar 14 with 3376 viewsenfieldargh

Love Ned.

Never understood the Ned haters as we dont have any other better options and haven't had since Ryan Nelsen left

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ned on 11:56 - Mar 14 with 3370 viewsSuperhoop83

I was going to post something similar yesterday.

Ned has been a great servant to QPR and he is also a great ambassador. He isn't the most technical footballer, to put it mildly, but he is 100% committed and I'd have him at centre back all season long.

Ned is also a bit of a hero to me as our younger son came back to QPR (after a few years supporting the most evil team in the Universe - we don't discuss it any more) and he couldn't wait to get Onuoha printed on the back of his brand new QPR top. That was a good day.

One of the few Premier League signings who gave everything for the cause, even in the dark days, and I hope we sign him up to a new contract.

You R'sss!!!

Suffering since 1978.

Ned on 12:51 - Mar 14 with 3272 viewsloneranger1

Given his experience, his solid performances, his role as captain and as a role model for the younger players - and the fact that there could be a lot of chane over the summer, with Robinson almost certainly off, as well as possible Freeman/Luongo/Smithies, I think the club has to do everything possible (within financial reason!) to keep him this summer. It's not just about the defence, I think the impression he gives as a stabilising and level-headed character on and off the pitch would be really missed.
Ned on 14:17 - Mar 14 with 3134 viewsDavieQPR

Been impressive in his last few games. He is much better as part of a CB pairing
but gets a bit lost as part of a 3 CB combination.
Ned on 14:26 - Mar 14 with 3108 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's fairly obvious to most that I support Chief through thick and thin and have a tendency to pull up posters who single him out in a team performance for a dig because he made 1 cock up whereas others have got off scot free for all sorts of mistakes but they aren't Onuoha, that said he has looked a lot better in the new formation and was the only player mentioned by AV fans on their forum when discussing our game, mainly along the lines of "our plan was food and drink to players of Onuoha's class" etc. I stand to be corrected but I believe he has appeared in the Championship Team of the Week more than any other player over the last 2 -3 seasons. That isn't the mark of a "waste of space at centreback" as I once saw him described.

The grass is always greener.

Ned on 14:58 - Mar 14 with 3058 viewssimmo

Criminally underrated by our fanbase simply because he never became as good as many thought he should have been (despite the fact that if he did fulfill the potential of his early years, he wouldn't be anywhere near us).

A very good championship defender and captain, let's hope we can get him pinned down to a new deal soon.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Ned on 15:04 - Mar 14 with 3043 viewsbosh67

I love Ned but I fear he may well move on at the end of the season. Has done very very well here but at 31 he may well elect at this stage in his career to move somewhere with a better salary than we would be able to offer him. Who could blame him. He has another 4-5 seasons probably and a family to look out for. No doubt he is a wealthy man but why not get what he can over the remaining years.

Obviously I hope he signs a new contract because at nearly 200 games he is very much the senior Mr QPR these days.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ned on 21:24 - Mar 14 with 2754 viewsAgedR

Without the ball Ned is one are most valuable and reliable players. With it, it’s slightly frightening admittedly.

I fear both he had Robinson will be off in the post season.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ned on 22:31 - Mar 14 with 2704 viewsOldPedro

Ned on 15:04 - Mar 14 by bosh67

I love Ned but I fear he may well move on at the end of the season. Has done very very well here but at 31 he may well elect at this stage in his career to move somewhere with a better salary than we would be able to offer him. Who could blame him. He has another 4-5 seasons probably and a family to look out for. No doubt he is a wealthy man but why not get what he can over the remaining years.

Obviously I hope he signs a new contract because at nearly 200 games he is very much the senior Mr QPR these days.

Agree that I'd like him to stay but if he does decide to leave for a better offer as he enters his last few seasons, I won't mind. He has always been 100% committed to the club through many different managers and squads and when he speaks he always comes across as a well spoken and intelligent guy who cares about the club.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ned on 22:58 - Mar 14 with 2663 viewsdavman

That is an amazing stat, but I can't help but think there is only a slim chance Ned will stay and absolutely no chance Robbo will.

A shame, but sensible if they won't accept the wages of the brand new world.

...still preferable if we get rid of quantity though and pay quality a little bit more...!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ned on 23:19 - Mar 14 with 2642 viewsPunteR

Iv been a big critic of Ned over the years, justifiably so imo. We signed him from ,Man city on a massive wedge by Hughes and at the time he was nowhere near the standard we were paying him. He actually had an easy ride the first season or so while other players where justifiably crucified by the fans.
I think theres been a levelling out between his ability, his wages,not that i know what it is but read he's taken a substantial pay cut, but also what he brings to the team as Captain and personality. I really like him at the club. He's not the best defender in the championship or even the club but id like to keep him on . I think he's a big influence on the players and a big character . Chief.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ned on 00:23 - Mar 15 with 2607 viewstimcocking

Ned on 15:04 - Mar 14 by bosh67

I dont know if it should be phrased "he'll move on" as such as we're clearly moving him on. No talk about a new contract, at this stage of the final season, when the player has already said i want to stay but there hasn't been an offer. That certainly doesn't strike me as Ned or Jack's doing.

It's down to effing ffp i presume. Cheers Hughes/Redknapp you pair of @@@@s
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024