Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad 14:52 - Mar 15 with 3441 viewssimmo

No Harry Kane so Southgate has panicked and taken Danny Welbeck and 4 keepers, one of which is Joe Hart. FFS

On the plus side - Lewis Cook is a great shout, but disappointed there's still no place for lovely James Ward-Prowse

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England Squad on 14:59 - Mar 15 with 3412 viewsHayesender

Joe Hart, Joe fcking Hart. And with that one decision, Gareth Southgate can fck right off. Just another fa yes man with no balls

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England Squad on 15:01 - Mar 15 with 3401 viewsWadR

Twitter is full of very irate Newcastle fans bemoaning the lack of Lascelles and Shelvey.

Lascelles is perhaps a little unlucky to miss out but I think Tarkowski deserves his spot and I really wouldn't trust Shelvey's discipline in a major tournament - even if he's probably our best passer.

Not sure how Southgate can claim he'll pick players on form and then include Hart, Lallana, Livermore and Welbeck in the squad but in general it isn't a terrible squad.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 15:01]
England Squad on 15:06 - Mar 15 with 3379 viewswhittocksRs

Pleased there's no Smalling or Jones in the squad. Absolutely pony defenders who get away with it as they play for United. There's no excuses for Welbeck or Hart being in that squad though.
England Squad on 15:19 - Mar 15 with 3355 viewsJigsore

apparently that squad has 22 senior England goals between them and Welbeck has 15 of them (!!)

i'm ok with Southgate giving him a couple of friendlies to show us he's still got it while Kane is out

apart from that i'm pleased he's giving some U21s a chance like Cook and Gomez, plus players who don't play for fashionable clubs like Mawson and Tarkowski

Joe Hart though jesus wept, Gareth. I really hope it's just because of his dressing room presence as posited...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

England Squad on 15:30 - Mar 15 with 3315 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lascelles should certainly be in there.
Barely heard of Pope, he can't be better than Smithies surely? Hart certainly bloody isn't. Unreal he's still in the squad - and feels like a sop because he's taking four keepers - like he wants to drop him, but can't bring himself to do so.
The reality is we're not very inspiring at the moment. I wouldn't say Southgate is a yes man - he's made some big decisions since he took over. But his love of Hart and Livermore is bizarre. Bit odd we've got 6 players who play full back for their clubs as well, if you count Young. How many do we need?

Bare bones.

England Squad on 15:32 - Mar 15 with 3309 viewsSharpy36

Not sure why everyone is up in arms, all we ever hear on here is how shite England are anyway.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England Squad on 15:42 - Mar 15 with 3287 viewsWadR

England Squad on 15:30 - Mar 15 by Antti_Heinola

Barely heard of Pope, he can't be better than Smithies surely? Hart certainly bloody isn't. Unreal he's still in the squad - and feels like a sop because he's taking four keepers - like he wants to drop him, but can't bring himself to do so.
The reality is we're not very inspiring at the moment. I wouldn't say Southgate is a yes man - he's made some big decisions since he took over. But his love of Hart and Livermore is bizarre. Bit odd we've got 6 players who play full back for their clubs as well, if you count Young. How many do we need?

Yes there's huge problem areas of the team - Goalkeeper and central midfield most notably -but there are elements to like about this England team.

It seems Southgate wants to play with 3-4-3. A front three of Alli and Sterling off Kane is potentially very exciting. If Rose can recover some form we've got two top quality wing backs (even if not, Bertrand is a very capable understudy) and in Stones and Maguire we've got two good ball playing centrehalves.

Pope has been excellent for Burnley but I suppose there's the question of how much of that is down to Dyche and if we'll see a case of the Michael Keanes and Pope will regress to his natural level outside of Turf Moor.
England Squad on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 3247 viewsbob566

England Squad on 15:30 - Mar 15 by Antti_Heinola

pope has by far been the best keeper this season in the EPL bar DeGea. He's saved a good few pennos too this season.
Login to get fewer ads

England Squad on 16:14 - Mar 15 with 3212 viewsbosh67

To be fair I don't think Joe Hart will play unless there is some kind of multiple goalkeeping accident. He's there for the dressing room. His keeping is pretty average these days but he is apparently a great influence in the dressing room. Should have taken Smithies, better than all of them.

Quite frankly I'm disgusted that they haven't prized Eze away from the idea of being a Nigerian International and made him captain... for life!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England Squad on 16:33 - Mar 15 with 3173 viewsAntti_Heinola

England Squad on 15:57 - Mar 15 by bob566

pope has by far been the best keeper this season in the EPL bar DeGea. He's saved a good few pennos too this season.

Fair enough! They have been good defensively. Haven't watched much of Burnley this season to be honest. If it's a good pick, fair play to GS. Still wouldn't take Hart, though, his ludicrous chest beating before games is embarrassing, not inspiring.

Pirlo on Hart during the Italy pen shoot out, when he was giving it large on his line, but was easily beaten:

To be clear, I didn’t do a Francesco Totti. Back at Euro 2000, against Holland, just before he went up to take his penalty he told Luigi Di Biagio and Paolo Maldini that he was going to chip the keeper. I made my decision right at the last second, when I saw Joe Hart, the England goalie, doing all sorts on his line. As I began my run up, I still hadn’t decided what I was going to do. And then he moved and my mind was made up. It was all impromptu, not premeditated. The only way I could see of pushing my chances of scoring close to 100%. There was absolutely no showboating about it — that’s not my style.

In other words, Hart thought he was playing mind games. But he just made it easy for a proper footballer to score.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 16:35]

Bare bones.

England Squad on 19:11 - Mar 15 with 2988 viewspaulparker

i like southgate but jesus , jake livermoore we are better off calling up karl henry what has he done to deserve a call up , shelvey deserves a recall as he can actually pass a ball, wilshire as well he is finished his legs have gone he is now a clone of scott parker but with out the skill
im worried about the defence we need to settle on a back 3 and build on them , why are we calling up mawson ? , again i like him but southgate should know his defence by now for the world cup we have about 4 games before the whole tournament kicks off the defence needs to work together , walcott should have got called up instead of wellbeck and instead of wasting a place with joe hart the lad wilson at Bournmouth should of at least got a look in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England Squad on 19:27 - Mar 15 with 2959 viewsNoDiddley

All in all who gives a fcuk?
England Squad on 19:31 - Mar 15 with 2951 viewsHAYESBOY

Livemore.....again, really.

Smells like a trout farm in here

England Squad on 19:33 - Mar 15 with 2949 viewsstevec

Roy Keane got it right with his 'Wilshere is the most over rated player on the planet'. Made a career out of lunging tackles inside his own half way line, invariably to retrieve a ball he couldn't control properly. Hardly surprising he spends his life injured.
England Squad on 19:47 - Mar 15 with 2929 viewsLongsufferingR

Is Eze not English?
England Squad on 20:45 - Mar 15 with 2823 viewsaston_hoop

Welbeck just pulled off the least convincing dive of the season and still got a penalty for it! and he converted it too!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England Squad on 02:23 - Mar 16 with 2651 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was wondering what had happened to that total waster, Daniel Sturbridge? Surprisingly, injured 3 minutes into a game a month back!

I don’t watch much Premiership football, but AO-C has always struck me as ‘neither here nor there’. There are blokes in that squad who might struggle to must a dozen starts since January (Hart, Rose, Jack and Welbeck).

Without Kane it looks light. However, Southgate has little to work with and as we’re not going to amount to a hill o’beans come June, I’d love it if we went with a squad focused on giving youth a chance. We’ll win feck all with a lot of those blokes, so let the pups who’ve done well have a bash at it.

But yeah, as said above: all in all, who gives a f..k!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England Squad on 11:33 - Mar 16 with 2481 viewsToast_R

Hart has been poor since 2016 but he's still nowhere near as bad as Rob Green who started the World cup in 2010 - we all know what happened there.

Shelvey I'd like to see, I think he can unlock stubborn defences and that one thing the team is lacking is that bit of needle, he'd be great in the team against the lesser nations where our usual over paid pansy's seem to often melt.
England Squad on 11:35 - Mar 16 with 2476 viewsAntti_Heinola

England Squad on 11:33 - Mar 16 by Toast_R

Hart has been poor since 2016 but he's still nowhere near as bad as Rob Green who started the World cup in 2010 - we all know what happened there.

Shelvey I'd like to see, I think he can unlock stubborn defences and that one thing the team is lacking is that bit of needle, he'd be great in the team against the lesser nations where our usual over paid pansy's seem to often melt.

Shelvey's a liability, but having said that, I'd take him over Livermore or Henderson.

Bare bones.

England Squad on 12:09 - Mar 16 with 2439 viewsToast_R

England Squad on 11:35 - Mar 16 by Antti_Heinola

Shelvey's a liability, but having said that, I'd take him over Livermore or Henderson.

So were Ince, Batty and Scholes to a point but each would walk into an England team nowadays.
England Squad on 12:22 - Mar 16 with 2425 viewsCamberleyR

England Squad on 02:23 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

I was wondering what had happened to that total waster, Daniel Sturbridge? Surprisingly, injured 3 minutes into a game a month back!

I don’t watch much Premiership football, but AO-C has always struck me as ‘neither here nor there’. There are blokes in that squad who might struggle to must a dozen starts since January (Hart, Rose, Jack and Welbeck).

Without Kane it looks light. However, Southgate has little to work with and as we’re not going to amount to a hill o’beans come June, I’d love it if we went with a squad focused on giving youth a chance. We’ll win feck all with a lot of those blokes, so let the pups who’ve done well have a bash at it.

But yeah, as said above: all in all, who gives a f..k!

It seems young Daniel shares his Uncle Dean's chewing gum hamstrings.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England Squad on 00:31 - Mar 18 with 2198 viewsplasmahoop

Hart is finished now. Please don't take him to the world cup. Good for the dressing room? Jesus, if that's what it takes to get selected you may as well take peter shilton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024