Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scowen out against Fulham 10:54 - Mar 16 with 3376 viewsbosh67

Almost certainly out. Was admitted to hospital yesterday with suspected Appendicitis. Wishing him better. I guess Freeman returns and Manning in for Scowen?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:03 - Mar 16 with 3219 viewsTacticalR

Mollycoddled players need to show their commitment by running off burst appendices.

Air hostess clique

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:15 - Mar 16 with 3174 viewsPhildo

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:03 - Mar 16 by TacticalR

Mollycoddled players need to show their commitment by running off burst appendices.

Tis merely a scratch....
Scowen out against Fulham on 12:30 - Mar 16 with 3104 viewsNorthernr

As long as it doesn't actually burst they do that keyhole now I think. One of the Hull FC players had his out and played against Warrington within a fortnight.
Scowen out against Fulham on 12:32 - Mar 16 with 3093 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not sure...

Scowen's role requires great tactical awareness, good positioning and anticipation as well as the obvious tackling and work-rate. That usually only comes with experience.

If Holloway feels that Manning has that in his game already, then great. But I would be surprised if he does. It's an awful lot to ask of such a young player.

I'd be thinking about dropping Luongo back with Freeman im front of him, and keep the front three that played on Tuesday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:32 - Mar 16 with 3091 viewsthemodfather

as long as the qpr team give their all, have a go, show some heart and not get stuffed in the first 5 mins, that's a start!
Scowen out against Fulham on 12:33 - Mar 16 with 3085 viewshubble

Poor lad has literally bust a gut playing for us. We'll miss him tomorrow, he's been excellent for us all season.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Scowen out against Fulham on 13:29 - Mar 16 with 2881 viewswombat

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:33 - Mar 16 by hubble

Poor lad has literally bust a gut playing for us. We'll miss him tomorrow, he's been excellent for us all season.

big lose after his performance at villa , id give manning a go there , has more pace than luongo which could be useful on sat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Scowen out against Fulham on 13:52 - Mar 16 with 2805 viewsAntti_Heinola

Where's Karl Henry when you need him?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Scowen out against Fulham on 14:08 - Mar 16 with 2753 viewsPinnerPaul

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:32 - Mar 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Not sure...

Scowen's role requires great tactical awareness, good positioning and anticipation as well as the obvious tackling and work-rate. That usually only comes with experience.

If Holloway feels that Manning has that in his game already, then great. But I would be surprised if he does. It's an awful lot to ask of such a young player.

I'd be thinking about dropping Luongo back with Freeman im front of him, and keep the front three that played on Tuesday.

Think he might just bring in Perch for Scowen.

Not sure he will play Manning and Freeman together so either/or for those two IMHO.
Scowen out against Fulham on 14:08 - Mar 16 with 2753 viewsqprd

Scowen out against Fulham on 12:32 - Mar 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Not sure...

yes, totally agree

luongo shifts into the scowen role, and will be a bit less involved in attack... manning plays alongside him in a deep midfield 2, but probably gets a bit more freedom to get forward

its a shame cousins has been unavailable- he's the type of midfield destroyer who could do well against a fulham team that likes to keep it on the floor. I think hes currently back to fitness, but would be a huge ask to reintroduce him to the starting xi for tomorrow
Scowen out against Fulham on 14:26 - Mar 16 with 2695 viewstimcocking

I had a burst appendix once. Obviously a fairly major op, couldn't walk for a week, off for a month.

That was...30 years ago, might be better technology now, but the fact it's burst probably means quite nasty still. Gives Ryan his chance presumably.
Scowen out against Fulham on 14:26 - Mar 16 with 2696 viewsWestbourneR

Manning moves to centre mid. Has to be.

Perch to come on in DMC if we've got a lead to hold on to.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Scowen out against Fulham on 14:50 - Mar 16 with 2637 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Scowen out against Fulham on 14:08 - Mar 16 by PinnerPaul

Think he might just bring in Perch for Scowen.

Not sure he will play Manning and Freeman together so either/or for those two IMHO.

Yes, That's the other possibility and has the virtue of only needing to change one position. Against that Perch would most likely be ring-rusty.

Hard call. Glad I'm not the manager.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Scowen out against Fulham on 14:55 - Mar 16 with 2620 viewskensalriser

I'm having my lunch, I don't really want to think about Perch's rusty ring, thanks.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Scowen out against Fulham on 15:01 - Mar 16 with 2601 viewsDorse

Scowen out against Fulham on 14:55 - Mar 16 by kensalriser

I'm having my lunch, I don't really want to think about Perch's rusty ring, thanks.

Could've been worse: Antii Heinola* tore his sack playing for us.

* Not him, the other one

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Scowen out against Fulham on 15:04 - Mar 16 with 2583 viewskensalriser

Scowen out against Fulham on 15:01 - Mar 16 by Dorse

* Not him, the other one

Ouch.

Is there potential for an unusual injuries 11 here?

Joining Antti would be Gary O'Neil and his flying tooth.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Scowen out against Fulham on 17:50 - Mar 16 with 2278 viewsbaldyhoop

Scowen out against Fulham on 15:04 - Mar 16 by kensalriser

Ouch.

Is there potential for an unusual injuries 11 here?

Joining Antti would be Gary O'Neil and his flying tooth.

Didn't Sandro miss a game after hitting his knee (surprise!) celebrating a goal in training?
Scowen out against Fulham on 17:57 - Mar 16 with 2259 viewsMaggsinho

Scowen out against Fulham on 15:01 - Mar 16 by Dorse

* Not him, the other one

If memory serves the quote from Gerry Francis was something like:

‘I don’t want to go into too much detail but there was blood gushing out of his penis’
Scowen out against Fulham on 20:53 - Mar 16 with 2072 viewsAgedR

If it’s actually burst then it’s very nasty and I wouldn’t expect to see him again this season. If it’s appendicitis then, as has been said, he could be back in April sometime.

Personally, I’d put him in cotton wool now until preseason. You’ve done your bit this season Mr Scowen.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Scowen out against Fulham on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 1971 viewsDannyPaddox

I had a thing once called an appendix-mass. The doctor said if it had burst. Actually he didn't so much say anything as shake his head very gravely and sort of whistle. I didn't tell him that three days earlier I'd had a Latvian bird bouncing up and down on my belly for over half an hour. I felt a bit of discomfort at the time but thought it was a just a stitch so naturally I asked her to carry on. Well you would wouldn't you.
Scowen out against Fulham on 01:33 - Mar 17 with 1800 viewstimcocking

Scowen out against Fulham on 20:53 - Mar 16 by AgedR

If it’s actually burst then it’s very nasty and I wouldn’t expect to see him again this season. If it’s appendicitis then, as has been said, he could be back in April sometime.

Personally, I’d put him in cotton wool now until preseason. You’ve done your bit this season Mr Scowen.

The burst one comes on instantly, one moment fine next moment puking. Sounds like that. He was actually at training.

I think it happened about 1 minute after i posted a thread saying how pleased i was with him. I can't help but feel partially responsible...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024