Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked 11:19 - Mar 17 with 4821 viewsGloryHunter

Which players do you think he can he be talking about?

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/qpr/holloway-suggests-qpr-players-tried-get-sack
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:25 - Mar 17 with 4786 viewsSimonJames

Public airing of dirty laundry is always necessary, and an excellent way of motivating the players

100% of people who drink water will die.

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:26 - Mar 17 with 4779 viewsLazyFan

The link does not load for me, just hangs. Tried two browsers now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:34 - Mar 17 with 4730 views2Thomas2Bowles

He told West London Sport: “I can drop whoever I like, whenever I like.

“They’ve just got to do their job — and their job is to stop moaning and just do what I tell them. That’s the new QPR.

“You want them to accept it in the right way. The simple thing is: ‘Hang on a minute, I’m doing my job, you shut up and do yours. In your contract, does it say you’re going to play every week? Or have you got to earn that right?’

“And if you’re not picked and you’re sat on the bench, your job’s to come on and make a difference. So, just do your job. It’s simple.

“At last I can do that here. Because when I first started saying things like that, people would sulk and try and get me the sack by not trying too hard. But they don’t do that anymore, do they? Thank God.

“I’m delighted for them. I haven’t got a player here who doesn’t want us to win. I haven’t got a player here who doesn’t want to play. I haven’t got a player here who is happy not being picked.

“I’m telling you they’re working as a group and I’ll try to keep this going.”

Holloway’s side face Fulham in a derby at Craven Cottage later today.

Josh Scowen is expected to miss out after suffering a suspected burst appendix, while Jack Robinson and Paul Smyth are doubts.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:36 - Mar 17 with 4713 viewsdistortR

did they insist on playing 5 at the back against his instructions?

foo
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:40 - Mar 17 with 4687 views2Thomas2Bowles

Maybe he should not have said anything but we all complain about "player power" getting managers sacked

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:45 - Mar 17 with 4645 viewsBostonR

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:34 - Mar 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

“They’ve just got to do their job — and their job is to stop moaning and just do what I tell them. That’s the new QPR.

“You want them to accept it in the right way. The simple thing is: ‘Hang on a minute, I’m doing my job, you shut up and do yours. In your contract, does it say you’re going to play every week? Or have you got to earn that right?’

“And if you’re not picked and you’re sat on the bench, your job’s to come on and make a difference. So, just do your job. It’s simple.

“At last I can do that here. Because when I first started saying things like that, people would sulk and try and get me the sack by not trying too hard. But they don’t do that anymore, do they? Thank God.

“I’m delighted for them. I haven’t got a player here who doesn’t want us to win. I haven’t got a player here who doesn’t want to play. I haven’t got a player here who is happy not being picked.

Josh Scowen is expected to miss out after suffering a suspected burst appendix, while Jack Robinson and Paul Smyth are doubts.

He has two good results and that should be enough to justify his position. Why does he have to shoot his mouth off because what normally comes out is garbage? He is just not very bright. I hope the team perform today because it is bloody freezing in SW6 at the moment.
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:23 - Mar 17 with 4517 viewsPinnerPaul

I read that as earlier in his career.

He goes on to say no player here now is like that.

Still, its taken a few days, but press and some on here have got something negative to get their teeth into.

Don't worry everyone, give it a couple of hours after we lose to a very good side and you can come on here and have a moan again!
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:31 - Mar 17 with 4487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:23 - Mar 17 by PinnerPaul

I read that as earlier in his career.

He goes on to say no player here now is like that.

Still, its taken a few days, but press and some on here have got something negative to get their teeth into.

Don't worry everyone, give it a couple of hours after we lose to a very good side and you can come on here and have a moan again!

Absolutely. He's clearly talking about the past and says he is delighted with the players at the club now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:34 - Mar 17 with 4481 viewsdistortR

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:31 - Mar 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Absolutely. He's clearly talking about the past and says he is delighted with the players at the club now.

accentuate the positive? exactly
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:40 - Mar 17 with 4467 viewsDylanP

He clearly says" ?I haven’t got a player here who doesn’t want us to win." There isn't any mystery he is obvioulsy not talking about this lot, he is comparing this lot to player he has previously had to deal with.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:42 - Mar 17 with 4465 viewsdistortR

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 12:40 - Mar 17 by DylanP

He clearly says" ?I haven’t got a player here who doesn’t want us to win." There isn't any mystery he is obvioulsy not talking about this lot, he is comparing this lot to player he has previously had to deal with.

fair enough
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 4431 viewsSydneyRs

He's far from perfect, but given the circumstances he's walked into I think he's done very well.
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 14:44 - Mar 17 with 4218 viewstimcocking

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:25 - Mar 17 by SimonJames

Public airing of dirty laundry is always necessary, and an excellent way of motivating the players

Quite.
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 16:15 - Mar 17 with 3949 viewsLancsR

I reckon Karl Henry could be one of them.
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 16:20 - Mar 17 with 3921 viewsbosh67

This is very much retrospective. He's referring to players no longer at the club. Not the ones there now. It's pretty obvious that's what he's saying.

Not sure about too many players do that very often but there were about 12000+ supporters thinking we needed to put Ollie in a rest home after Forest but he's listened to his staff, perhaps Ramsey and perhaps seen some of the fans shouting about 2-5-2 and he's been big enough to change it. We aren't that bad but you have to play a formation that suits the player's ability.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 17:41 - Mar 17 with 3715 viewsngbqpr

Not only is he clearly talking about some of the squad he inherited...but also, for all the ups & downs this season, I don't think anyone could question the commitment of this current group. Even when playing crap or getting well beaten, as rule they have never, to use a Clive-sim, phoned it in.

Might be Henry, maybe Chery, or JET - to be honest I don't care if we have a committed group now.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 18:31 - Mar 17 with 3558 viewsenfieldargh

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 17:41 - Mar 17 by ngbqpr

Not only is he clearly talking about some of the squad he inherited...but also, for all the ups & downs this season, I don't think anyone could question the commitment of this current group. Even when playing crap or getting well beaten, as rule they have never, to use a Clive-sim, phoned it in.

Might be Henry, maybe Chery, or JET - to be honest I don't care if we have a committed group now.

Def Caulker

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 04:01 - Mar 18 with 3159 viewsmylot50years

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 11:34 - Mar 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What a prat a season waisted under him then after one great result only due to the lads now playing in a system we have all been crying out for, he comes out with this bullshit. He just can't help his self can he, a complete embarrassment to the club and it's long suffering support.
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 07:04 - Mar 18 with 3052 viewsRs_Holy

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 04:01 - Mar 18 by mylot50years

What a prat a season waisted under him then after one great result only due to the lads now playing in a system we have all been crying out for, he comes out with this bullshit. He just can't help his self can he, a complete embarrassment to the club and it's long suffering support.

After many seasons of moaning about overpaid, overrated mercenaries we’ve now got a set of players who genuinely seem to care.... some seem to care as much as Ollie which is really refreshing. He may not be the long term solution but he’s taken massive steps towards the club getting it’s identity back.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 7:24]
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 07:22 - Mar 18 with 3007 viewsdanehoop

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 04:01 - Mar 18 by mylot50years

Did you read any of the previous comments?

The article is essentially a positive one. Let me summarise:

The squad he currently has are strong, committed to what he is doing and work hard to deliver it. Previously this was not necessarily the case. There was discord within the team as those resistant to change or who felt they didn’t need to give their best. This created problems in the teams training and performance. He again is now very pleased with what is now happening and the players endeavour.

I appreciate that Holloway is often less concise or coherent than he could be. That is though the nature of the beast, usually driven by his passion and desire to engage with interviewers. However, an interview like this is interesting in the interpretation it gets, which I would suggest is in part driven by each readers perceptions of the manager, rather than of what was actually said.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 11:28]

Never knowingly understood

Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 14:27 - Mar 18 with 2707 viewsMatch82

Oh, I think some of our supporters are doing a good enough job of embarrassing the club on their own
Holloway suggests QPR players tried to get him sacked on 14:35 - Mar 18 with 2690 viewsdaveB

the comments were made before the game about last seasons squad he took over and was done to praise the current squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024