Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended 18:30 - Mar 17 with 8083 viewsNoDiddley

For personal reasons, atmosphere, drunk or just something that happened that day!
Mine
1) 1967 League cup final as a 9 year old, I remember more about that than last weeks win against Sunderland.
2) Play-off final v Derby 2014 because it was a roller coaster of emotions & I was there with my mates!
3) Play off semi v Oldham 2003 I've never seen the ground 'move' before that night & ive been going for years, unbelievable atmosphere."
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:32 - Mar 19 with 1409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:24 - Mar 18 by Esox_Lucius

Our last game in the Premiership from our first stint. Filling the Cricketers? pub up with R's fans from around mid day onwards. We had beaten WHU the home game before but other results went against us (The David Pizanti goal game?) and a lot of R's in fancy dress with the highlight being a lad dressed as Jesus standing with his arms out and the R's fans singing "Jesus, Jesus give us a miracle etc." It was also the game of Jason Lee being serenaded with his pineapple on his head tune. IIRC the Bayern thing was a large group of their fans who had made the trip and possibly to do with Forest beating them in the European Cup. They were seated in the stand to the left of where the Rangers fans were and originally applauded at the end facing the R's fans and then some climbed over and came over to applaud with some coming in amongst us. I have absolutely no recollection of any trouble with Trees fans afterwards at all.

"(The David Pizanti goal game?) "

The Pizanti game was in the 87-88 season, Esox.

Good recollections of the Forest game. I think I've blanked that one out!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:54 - Mar 19 with 1393 viewsEsox_Lucius

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:32 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

"(The David Pizanti goal game?) "

The Pizanti game was in the 87-88 season, Esox.

Good recollections of the Forest game. I think I've blanked that one out!

Ah OK. Chronology isn't a strong suit with me. I checked back and the DP goal was a FA cup game we won 3-1. It was a 3-0 win over WHU in 1996 in front of nearly 19,000 fans which sealed our drop to Division 1 with a goal from Karl Ready and 2 from Kevin Gallen. The Forest away gameremains my favourite away game despite the result and (already determined) fated to play a division below the following season just for the unswerving support from the Rangers faithful. We could definitely do with some of that in the seasons to come.

The grass is always greener.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 13:12 - Mar 19 with 1378 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:54 - Mar 19 by Esox_Lucius

Ah OK. Chronology isn't a strong suit with me. I checked back and the DP goal was a FA cup game we won 3-1. It was a 3-0 win over WHU in 1996 in front of nearly 19,000 fans which sealed our drop to Division 1 with a goal from Karl Ready and 2 from Kevin Gallen. The Forest away gameremains my favourite away game despite the result and (already determined) fated to play a division below the following season just for the unswerving support from the Rangers faithful. We could definitely do with some of that in the seasons to come.

I remember the 3-1 very well. That was the game with all the forged tickets and the West Ham fans spilling onto the pitch and having to be housed in the Paddocks, wasn't it?

Then, the last two games of the '96 season I can hardly remember. I think by then I knew I was going to move back to Ireland and about to leave all my Rangers mates. It was a doubly sad relegation for me and I honestly think I've blanked a lot of it out. I remember bits of those days, but only fractions really.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 14:44 - Mar 19 with 1344 viewsMark_Edwards

A terrible day, that relegation game at Nottingham.
The Forrest fans marched down the pictch towards a massive Rangers turnout and we all thought 'Here it comes'. hundreds marched down the pitch and it really looked desperate until they collectivley got to the 18 yd box where they immediatly started applauding us away supporters. What a suprise. Old Bill then cleared them off and a few mins later the QPR team came out and down to the Wall. They were roundly applauded and headed back to the dressing room. Mrs Edwards noticed Allan Mc had dropped his packet of fags, jumped the wall and picked them up. My Job then was to find the QPR bus stopped at traffic lights knock on the window and give the fags back to Macca. Happy but sad Day.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:22 - Mar 20 with 1195 viewsW7Ranger

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 13:12 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I remember the 3-1 very well. That was the game with all the forged tickets and the West Ham fans spilling onto the pitch and having to be housed in the Paddocks, wasn't it?

Then, the last two games of the '96 season I can hardly remember. I think by then I knew I was going to move back to Ireland and about to leave all my Rangers mates. It was a doubly sad relegation for me and I honestly think I've blanked a lot of it out. I remember bits of those days, but only fractions really.

Great game and cracking goals in this one...

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:34 - Mar 20 with 1186 viewswhittocksRs

Missed the play-off final and the Oldham game back in 2003, so can't include those.

I'll go for...

1) Stoke 1-0 in the survival season — hadn't felt an atmosphere like that at Loftus Road for years, and it completely went off when Cisse scored the winner.

2) Swansea 4-0. Watching Taarabt that day was probably the most joy I've ever experienced as a Rangers fan. The nutmeg on Joe Allen...

3) Tie between Palace 6-0, with the Chris Kiwomya hat trick and the feeling of knowing we'd stayed up, or a random home game against Coventy in 1993-94 when we won 5-1. Don't remember too much about the game, but it a great on a personal level for a number of reasons, one being it reminds me of that great team.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:59 - Mar 20 with 1167 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not a game per se but there was a little run of results under Terry Venables where we seemed to win at least 4-0 or better every game which included a 6-0 over 'boro and 8-1? against Crewe in a cup. It may have been the season where every outfielder had scored except Gary Waddock an they spent the last home game of the season setting him up to score (I think they succeeded) rather than following a winning game plan LOL.
*caveat. I know I didn't dream it but the above may contain unintentional elements of fantasy

The grass is always greener.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 13:07 - Mar 20 with 1161 viewsMrSheen

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:34 - Mar 20 by whittocksRs

Missed the play-off final and the Oldham game back in 2003, so can't include those.

I'll go for...

1) Stoke 1-0 in the survival season — hadn't felt an atmosphere like that at Loftus Road for years, and it completely went off when Cisse scored the winner.

2) Swansea 4-0. Watching Taarabt that day was probably the most joy I've ever experienced as a Rangers fan. The nutmeg on Joe Allen...

3) Tie between Palace 6-0, with the Chris Kiwomya hat trick and the feeling of knowing we'd stayed up, or a random home game against Coventy in 1993-94 when we won 5-1. Don't remember too much about the game, but it a great on a personal level for a number of reasons, one being it reminds me of that great team.

Does anyone remember our home game against Stoke in August 2001? It was our first game at the third level for over 30 years, and Rodney Marsh and others were predicting we'd drill straight through to the fourth, having turned down a merger with Wimbledon and/or a move to MK. We had a completely new side, but helped by an Andy Thomson goal, a goal-line clearance by Aziz ben-Askar and a raucous atmosphere, greatly assisted by a few thousand Stokies, we won. A club reborn, very happy that evening.
Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 13:42 - Mar 20 with 1129 viewsR_from_afar

- Bobby Zamora day: I wept uncontrollably after Zamora scored. Never felt like that before, or since.
- QPR 1 Oldham 0: This one. It was bedlam when Furs scored. How is Loftus Road still standing? How did I survive the mayhem?

- QPR 2 Man City 3: Yes, that is the right way round. I have never known an atmosphere like it at Loftus Road, we made it an absolute bearpit, so evil and hostile. City were sweeping all before them that season but they came to play us and we gave them the shock of their lives. Dzeko (I think) said it was the hardest game they had had that season. But for the width of the post, we would've got a well deserved point. Some highlights are below.

Memories....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 13:58 - Mar 20 with 1118 viewskingsburyR

I was living abroad for the Oldham Playoff game which still bugs me.

So,

Beating Arsenal in the pissing rain (standing in the loft) - was it 2-0??
Cardiff Away 2-2 in championship winning year
Wembley Playoff Final - just about remember the game

Notable others:

Cardiff at home - same year as above
Man City Home which we lost by the odd goal a year or two later - great atmosphere that day
Liverpool at home 3-2 (well the last 15 mins)
Milk Cup Final - my first trip to Wembley - great until they scored!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024