Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong. 18:46 - Mar 17 with 6501 viewsconnell10

Getting a feeling this kid maybe the real deal, the more i see him the more i like him!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Furlong. on 18:47 - Mar 17 with 4972 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR captain 2022/23 my prediction
Furlong. on 18:49 - Mar 17 with 4965 viewscolinallcars

Very much so. It looked for a long time that he had hit a brick wall development wise but he's coming on strong now.
Furlong. on 19:07 - Mar 17 with 4872 viewssimmo

Should have been playing all season but so pleased he's taken his chance, huge tests against the championships outstanding wingers in the last 5 days and he's done brilliantly

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Furlong. on 19:09 - Mar 17 with 4864 viewsDorse

Thought he played extremely well today against a real handful of a winger. His positioning was very solid. Whatever they have been working on with him is clearly paying off.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Furlong. on 19:16 - Mar 17 with 4828 viewsCiderwithRsie

Furlong, there's only two Furlongs!
Furlong. on 19:26 - Mar 17 with 4775 viewsLazyFan

I said at the start of the season he should be our RB.

Considering he was up against the mighty £20m Football Manager Wonderkid Sessegnon he totally owned him. To the extent that Sessegnon had to drop inside, trying to get Manning to track him instead so, he could get away from Furs2.

Furs2 also won plenty of headers in defence and with the diagonal ball up front and became our long kick outlet when Smith went off. He improves the more he plays.

I do not understand how Freeman was Sky's MoM, when for me it was Furs2 all the way.

zzzzzzzzzz

Furlong. on 19:27 - Mar 17 with 4770 viewsDWQPR

Might be helping that he is playing on the right hand side of a back four and not a back three. And saying that the whole team just looks so much better with four at the back.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Furlong. on 20:33 - Mar 17 with 4622 viewsWestbourneR

Furlong. on 18:49 - Mar 17 by colinallcars

Very much so. It looked for a long time that he had hit a brick wall development wise but he's coming on strong now.

This. Has got through a patch where he looked like he stalled or went backwards and he now looks like a properly matured full back both physically and mentally. The intercepting header today felt like a big moment.

RB is his now.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Furlong. on 20:39 - Mar 17 with 4595 viewsbosh67

Furlong. on 20:33 - Mar 17 by WestbourneR

This. Has got through a patch where he looked like he stalled or went backwards and he now looks like a properly matured full back both physically and mentally. The intercepting header today felt like a big moment.

RB is his now.

It's the physical strength that has made a big difference. He's much more athletic now, much quicker across the ground and has developed a huge leap for headers. He's always kind of looked the part now he really looks the part.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Furlong. on 20:51 - Mar 17 with 4536 viewsvegasranger

Had an excellent game. Up against a really good player, without too much help from Manning. Really seems to have turned the corner !!
Furlong. on 01:12 - Mar 18 with 4181 viewsgazza1

needs to be given a proper chance to make that right side his position for a few years.....no good keep leaving him out, then playing him, etc. lets see how good he is. he has potential imho.
Furlong. on 07:19 - Mar 18 with 4053 viewsjonno

Furlong. on 19:27 - Mar 17 by DWQPR

Might be helping that he is playing on the right hand side of a back four and not a back three. And saying that the whole team just looks so much better with four at the back.

As Shhsteeve McLaren pointed out on the match programme.
Furlong. on 07:33 - Mar 18 with 4037 viewstimcocking

Now Ollie, just do not drop him for a bit for any reason unless he turns rubbish. And keep playing him in the same position.

His aerial ability is useful, his above average length throw is occasionally useful and he'll help galvanise the fans, which is obviously pivotal to our performance.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 7:35]
Furlong. on 09:34 - Mar 18 with 3794 viewsTonto

He was my MotM yesterday. Controlled Fulham’s best player to the point he was subbed

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Furlong. on 10:02 - Mar 18 with 3755 viewsnix

Both him and Bidwell were in the championship team of the week, so it’s not just us that rated his performance.

I do wonder whether Holloway was protecting him to some extent earlier in the season. I’ve heard that the players can really hear what’s shouted out to them and Furlong has had dog’s abuse at times from some of our so-called fans. The Burton home game, for instance, where he admittedly didn’t have a great game (nor did many others) but there were people near me shouting every time he went near the ball, ‘you’re rubbish, mate, just get off the pitch’ etc. It seems to have stemmed from one poor game against Palace when he was hung out to dry by Wright-Phillips not tracking back and playing against a winger who had a blinder that day.

Anyway good to see him building up his confidence. I agree that his heading has improved considerably. He looks stronger too and less easily shrugged off the ball. Matt Smith has said how Holloway is the first manager he’s had who’s really looked at his individual fitness and tried to improve his effectiveness that way. Perhaps that has happened across the squad.
Furlong. on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 3703 viewsNorthLondonR

Furlong. on 09:34 - Mar 18 by Tonto

He was my MotM yesterday. Controlled Fulham’s best player to the point he was subbed

Agreed. Thought he was excellent as was Bidwell.

Put Scowen in his usual role and just have the feeling we would have walked that game.

A real feel-good performance off the back of a good week for us. I'm pleased for Ollie too, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but this week you can see that he has shown trust in his players and that has certainly rubbed off.

Am I allowed also to praise Washington for his brief cameo at the end?
Furlong. on 10:40 - Mar 18 with 3680 viewsqprphil

I don't see QPR that much only when on TV. The few times I've seen Furlong in the past he looked a little dodgy, but having seen him play yesterday, I thought he was excellent.
But it does help when those all around you play well, which they did yesterday. It was 2pts dropped for me, against an on fire Fulham side. We looked like the play off contenders, actually it's nice to be able to say that, it makes a pleasant change.
Furlong. on 11:32 - Mar 18 with 3604 viewsdaveB

Furlong. on 10:02 - Mar 18 by nix

Both him and Bidwell were in the championship team of the week, so it’s not just us that rated his performance.

I do wonder whether Holloway was protecting him to some extent earlier in the season. I’ve heard that the players can really hear what’s shouted out to them and Furlong has had dog’s abuse at times from some of our so-called fans. The Burton home game, for instance, where he admittedly didn’t have a great game (nor did many others) but there were people near me shouting every time he went near the ball, ‘you’re rubbish, mate, just get off the pitch’ etc. It seems to have stemmed from one poor game against Palace when he was hung out to dry by Wright-Phillips not tracking back and playing against a winger who had a blinder that day.

Anyway good to see him building up his confidence. I agree that his heading has improved considerably. He looks stronger too and less easily shrugged off the ball. Matt Smith has said how Holloway is the first manager he’s had who’s really looked at his individual fitness and tried to improve his effectiveness that way. Perhaps that has happened across the squad.

I think that has a lot to do with it, Furlong got some right stick in that Burton game and had made a few mistakes in the games before so he took him out of the firing line for a few weeks but then he got injured and was out of the side longer than I think Holloway had originally intended.
Furlong. on 14:12 - Mar 18 with 3449 viewsoldmisery

Given his background as one of our own; son of Paul and consistent age group captain of various youth teams, I'm sure most supporters are desperate for him to succeed (even though he hails from Luton!).
Having made his debut at 19; I feel his recent maturation stems from the fact that he is now 22, physically bigger and stronger and far more experienced. Whilst he's made 35 appearances for us, I believe he has greatly benefited from three loan spells amounting to some 60 first team games in Divisions 1 & 2.
Unfortunately not all our younger players that go out on loan come back to the club in a position to challenge for a first team slot but I think it's still the best method for facilitating their development - so maybe there's some hope for Sean Goss?
Furlong. on 12:48 - Mar 20 with 3062 viewswhittocksRs

There's a hilarious post of the Friends of Fulham — fcking Friends of Fulham! forum where the poster calls Bidwell and Furlong 'awful full backs', but then moans how Sessegnon didn't get a kick the entire game and how he needs to be sent for warm weather training in Dubai. Utter clown. Furlong is great and will have a fantastic career at lower Prem / Championship level.
Furlong. on 13:59 - Mar 20 with 2964 viewsNorthernr

He's quality. Been banging this drum for months now.
Furlong. on 14:14 - Mar 20 with 2933 viewscyprusmel

Also very useful to have for a throw in.
Furlong. on 14:14 - Mar 20 with 2929 viewsstevec

Number of reasons for his improvement, four at the back, someone in front now rather than hung out to dry as a wing back, but most importantly he's toughened up which I wasn't convinced would happen. Winning aerial challenges he wasn't capable of previously.

As the son of Paul he could become an absolute brick wall.
Furlong. on 14:19 - Mar 20 with 2913 viewsMick_S

Furlong. on 14:14 - Mar 20 by stevec

Number of reasons for his improvement, four at the back, someone in front now rather than hung out to dry as a wing back, but most importantly he's toughened up which I wasn't convinced would happen. Winning aerial challenges he wasn't capable of previously.

As the son of Paul he could become an absolute brick wall.

He also had his photo taken with my wife. That may have something to do with it.

Please don't be rude.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Furlong. on 15:02 - Mar 20 with 2839 viewsPhilmyRs

Decent player, deserves a chance to make the right back position his own. Although his positioning is a worry (at times), I think it will improve. Given his physicality he can be a real asset and he’s shown in the last two weeks that he's up for a challenge.

My one worry with him is his composure on the ball and self-belief when in possession. He doesn’t always look the most confident with the ball at his feet, a player much more comfortable meeting a high ball with his head rather than having the confidence to bring it down and play to feet.

He has leadership qualities, a Sir Les type leap, decent pace and a willingness to work and learn. Qualities which shouldn’t be underestimated but to take the next step he needs to start to show for the ball more, not panic when in possession and have the confidence to go on the outside of the opposing full back (he has the pace to do this) but not yet the confidence.

If he adds all the above to his game, we’ll have some player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024