Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman 18:52 - Mar 17 with 3266 viewssdm1508

I know that earlier in the season he was in great form and probably our best player over the season but anyone else think sometimes he holds on to the ball for too long. So many times where a pass is on but will run instead and then lose it. Also when things don't go right the way he reacts to his team mates seems a bit counter productive. Arms up in the air and a right little strop if the ball doesn't get to him or the player doesnt read his pass. Noticed quite a few times today. Maybe time to give him a rest and come on as a impact sub, help him find some form again?.. Not meant as a dig after today's great team performance just an observation
Freeman on 19:00 - Mar 17 with 3231 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Feel sorry for Freeman because his best position is obviously CAM, but with Eze and Manning getting involved sometimes he gets pushed out wide. It's a nice problem to have, because I think we play well with both, but I agree he does seem to linger on the ball a bit. But I wouldn't like to drop him. Our highest assister, and our best player by a mile. I'd be distraught if I got dropped if I was him, considering how much he has carried us this season. He has a two week break now so hopefully he finds his top form after it

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Freeman on 19:01 - Mar 17 with 3230 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Freeman on 19:06 - Mar 17 with 3193 viewsbosh67

Freeman on 19:01 - Mar 17 by Dorse

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman on 19:29 - Mar 17 with 3109 viewsLazyFan

With the Ozzie on around the world plane duty and Scowen out, this leaves our mid when we return as a rested Freeman, Manning and Cousins. With possibly BOS coming in for the Pole.

This will be a good midfield to experiment with to see how we do without the other two. How does the team look like a changed mid? Good to know these things for next season, now we are safe.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Freeman on 19:31 - Mar 17 with 3100 viewssmegma

He was dropped/rested midweek at Villa.
Freeman on 20:31 - Mar 17 with 2974 viewsWestbourneR

He’s a great player and has many attributes but I do agree he needs to get his head up and release the ball quicker. He needs to work on his eye for a pass.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Freeman on 20:47 - Mar 17 with 2926 viewsbosh67

Overall he has been brilliant. Yes if he could look up more often then he would be that notch or two up but he has been a big player for us and it is hard to believe Bristol City froze him out their team.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 2637 viewstimcocking

Yes, because up until now, he's had to shoulder too much of the play. Now we seem to have a few more attacking options, it would be nice to see him start to move the ball quicker on occasion. Same goes for Luongo.

The frustration is just part of his character unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

Freeman on 11:50 - Mar 18 with 2557 viewsdaveB

All of the midfield kept giving the ball away far too easily in the first half yesterday. I think again when he went out wide he struggled and that is the down side of playing with 2 wingers in that you lose Freeman being so effective but he should walk the player of the year award and I love his attitude in even when he is not at his best he still creates chances and never gives up
Freeman on 12:51 - Mar 18 with 2476 views1JD

Freeman on 11:50 - Mar 18 by daveB

All of the midfield kept giving the ball away far too easily in the first half yesterday. I think again when he went out wide he struggled and that is the down side of playing with 2 wingers in that you lose Freeman being so effective but he should walk the player of the year award and I love his attitude in even when he is not at his best he still creates chances and never gives up

Dave, interested to know why you think Freeman is so effective in the middle? What do you believe he brings to our central midfield play?

Almost all of his assists have come from wide delivery. I’d even go as far to say that he is not efffective in the middle especially as he increasingly hangs onto it far too long, and negates overall team momentum when in possession. Happened time and time again yesterday, more worryingly consistently losing possession cheaply, about 8 times first half. Many around me thought Holloway should have replaced him half time he was so bad- I have to agree.

Personally I think he’s been off his game for the last 10 or so. Even though I rate him highly.

Jack Robinson is the stand out, consistent performer for me and is currently the leading candidate for PoTY.
Freeman on 12:59 - Mar 18 with 2460 viewsdaveB

Freeman on 12:51 - Mar 18 by 1JD

Dave, interested to know why you think Freeman is so effective in the middle? What do you believe he brings to our central midfield play?

Almost all of his assists have come from wide delivery. I’d even go as far to say that he is not efffective in the middle especially as he increasingly hangs onto it far too long, and negates overall team momentum when in possession. Happened time and time again yesterday, more worryingly consistently losing possession cheaply, about 8 times first half. Many around me thought Holloway should have replaced him half time he was so bad- I have to agree.

Personally I think he’s been off his game for the last 10 or so. Even though I rate him highly.

Jack Robinson is the stand out, consistent performer for me and is currently the leading candidate for PoTY.

When he plays in the middle he finds it easier to find space out wide and can drift wide and operate in the space between the midfield and defence, when he starts out wide he is a lot easlier for defenders to deal with as they can block his space and make it harder for him to get the ball into the box.

Would agree he was poor in the first half though, was surprised he was given man of the match.
Freeman on 16:47 - Mar 18 with 2281 views1JD

Freeman on 12:59 - Mar 18 by daveB

When he plays in the middle he finds it easier to find space out wide and can drift wide and operate in the space between the midfield and defence, when he starts out wide he is a lot easlier for defenders to deal with as they can block his space and make it harder for him to get the ball into the box.

Would agree he was poor in the first half though, was surprised he was given man of the match.

Fair points Dave, and I agree he does drift out wide to good effect, but I feel he does not actually operate between the lines well enough, often playing too deep from a central position.

Taraabt was the master, and whilst different players, the 10 role remains true- you need to able to play towards goal, but also play backwards facing- continually demanding the ball in pockets of space.

I rarely see any of our midfield three run into space and demand the ball back to goal - control, twist and turn, or simply play it back, and work our way up field incrementally as a possession play. Our strikers can’t do it either, and it’s a problem for us, but at least one in a midfield of three must be able to do this for overall team balance.

Eze has added far greater balance to the overall team play, extremely comfortable in possession, capable of picking a pass quickly and effectively, and happy to take the ball back to goal. He also plays higher up than Freeman, something I would like to Freeman do more. Scowen and Loungo are more than capable as a midfield two.

All in all though, we have some good options and all players should continue to improve and work on elements of their game as they are all of a young-ish age.
Freeman on 16:51 - Mar 18 with 2269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Freeman on 16:47 - Mar 18 by 1JD

Fair points Dave, and I agree he does drift out wide to good effect, but I feel he does not actually operate between the lines well enough, often playing too deep from a central position.

Taraabt was the master, and whilst different players, the 10 role remains true- you need to able to play towards goal, but also play backwards facing- continually demanding the ball in pockets of space.

I rarely see any of our midfield three run into space and demand the ball back to goal - control, twist and turn, or simply play it back, and work our way up field incrementally as a possession play. Our strikers can’t do it either, and it’s a problem for us, but at least one in a midfield of three must be able to do this for overall team balance.

Eze has added far greater balance to the overall team play, extremely comfortable in possession, capable of picking a pass quickly and effectively, and happy to take the ball back to goal. He also plays higher up than Freeman, something I would like to Freeman do more. Scowen and Loungo are more than capable as a midfield two.

All in all though, we have some good options and all players should continue to improve and work on elements of their game as they are all of a young-ish age.

Nice few posts there, 1JD and Dave. Interesting tactical chat and food for thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024