Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... 21:01 - Mar 17 with 2565 viewswelwynranger

......That Spuds will play a Semi Final and potential Final at home.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:18 - Mar 17 with 2531 viewsJuzzie

No. Its not really their home, unlike Bayern losing to C******* in the Champions League Final.

Where else can the semi and Final be played and even if moved its not fair on the opposition to deny them a chance of playing at Wembley.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:22 - Mar 17 with 2515 viewsBoston

It's unfair, but it is what it is.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:25 - Mar 17 with 2507 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't care as it's not us going there.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:36 - Mar 17 with 2377 viewsBoston

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:25 - Mar 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I don't care as it's not us going there.

On behalf of the Wembley tourist board 2T2B, you may like to consider a short trip t'up north to the land of my upbringing when I awaken you to the cultural experience that is HA9. Unbeknownst to many, the High Road was laid out in the Calcutta style, rubbish blowing down the street is genuinely of south asian origin and the smell of open sewer thoughtfully recreated by decades of Brent Councils commitment to natural organic composting rather than cleaning. Music is supplied by the healthy numbers of travelling communities who are encouraged to congregate outside the one pound shops, bookies and the strange but fascinating medina quarters which have grown up where single business occupied retail outlets once plied their trade. Base yourself at the Elm Rd guesthouse and you can practice your ornithology skills by guessing the local bird species from the guano liberally applied on the pavements. I wont go on as it may take away from your excitement of discovery, but give it a go old chap it's really a rather fascinating part of the world, though bring a machete, going can be a little tough after dark. BTW, do you speak Romanian?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 23:40]

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:42 - Mar 17 with 2358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:36 - Mar 17 by Boston

On behalf of the Wembley tourist board 2T2B, you may like to consider a short trip t'up north to the land of my upbringing when I awaken you to the cultural experience that is HA9. Unbeknownst to many, the High Road was laid out in the Calcutta style, rubbish blowing down the street is genuinely of south asian origin and the smell of open sewer thoughtfully recreated by decades of Brent Councils commitment to natural organic composting rather than cleaning. Music is supplied by the healthy numbers of travelling communities who are encouraged to congregate outside the one pound shops, bookies and the strange but fascinating medina quarters which have grown up where single business occupied retail outlets once plied their trade. Base yourself at the Elm Rd guesthouse and you can practice your ornithology skills by guessing the local bird species from the guano liberally applied on the pavements. I wont go on as it may take away from your excitement of discovery, but give it a go old chap it's really a rather fascinating part of the world, though bring a machete, going can be a little tough after dark. BTW, do you speak Romanian?

Skipping past the mild Xenophobia, the high street and areas around Wembley Central station have tidied right up of late.

In my opinion anyway.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:44 - Mar 17 with 2354 viewsBoston

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:42 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Skipping past the mild Xenophobia, the high street and areas around Wembley Central station have tidied right up of late.

In my opinion anyway.

I'm rarely found anywhere else,

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:49 - Mar 17 with 2350 viewsCamberleyR

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:18 - Mar 17 by Juzzie

No. Its not really their home, unlike Bayern losing to C******* in the Champions League Final.

Where else can the semi and Final be played and even if moved its not fair on the opposition to deny them a chance of playing at Wembley.

Well I'm a traditionalist and for a start they could revert the semi finals to a neutral club venue like they used to be. IMO it's devalued the achievement of making the final by playing both semi finals at Wembley. Never going to happen though as we all know the FA need to recoup the cost of building Wembley in any way they can.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 00:06 - Mar 18 with 2318 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:49 - Mar 17 by CamberleyR

Well I'm a traditionalist and for a start they could revert the semi finals to a neutral club venue like they used to be. IMO it's devalued the achievement of making the final by playing both semi finals at Wembley. Never going to happen though as we all know the FA need to recoup the cost of building Wembley in any way they can.

How long is left til building costs are repaid?

In the era of Football Fair Play shouldn't we be told?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 00:26 - Mar 18 with 2306 viewsJuzzie

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 00:06 - Mar 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

How long is left til building costs are repaid?

In the era of Football Fair Play shouldn't we be told?

I looked this up last week and i think its around 2024.

I too think semi’s should revert back to other grounds but cant see it happening.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 08:47 - Mar 18 with 2148 viewsToast_R

Ticket allocation is split so it dont make any difference does it?
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 08:58 - Mar 18 with 2130 views2Thomas2Bowles

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 23:36 - Mar 17 by Boston

My dear departed wife came from Perivale and worked in Wembley in the 70's, so trips up there to the Sunday market to visit the decamped traders of Southhall with their Bangladesh sweatshop tat, (she liked the cheap shoes), past many a Sunday in the delights of Wembley.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 09:26 - Mar 18 with 2092 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Didn’t do them much good against Juve!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 09:34 - Mar 18 with 2080 viewspaulparker

The best completion on the earth has been devalued and made to look like the zenith data cup all in thanks to the clueless fa , I couldn’t name you who has won the thing in the last 10 years ,
Semi finals should not be played at Wembley, spurs shouldn’t be playing at Wembley, replays shouldn’t be axed, var is load of bollox , the one show shouldn’t be doing the draw the final shouldn’t kick off at 5.30 ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 09:38 - Mar 18 with 2077 viewsloftus77

Do I recall Cardiff doing something similar in 2003?
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 09:49 - Mar 18 with 2058 viewsactonman

Well if you think it's bad spurs being there, wait until the filth down the road take residence while they build there new cess pit !

And those fckers will be there for a couple of years.... will have to burn the fking place down after that infestation!!
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 10:26 - Mar 18 with 1997 viewsDannyPaddox

Make the Spuds play in their away kit. That should even it up.

🐓
🏀
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 11:59]
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 19:10 - Mar 18 with 1810 viewsizlingtonhoop

Having just seen the draw...

No.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 20:01 - Mar 18 with 1755 viewsNorthernr

I think the whole thing is sht.

Semi finals shouldn't be at Wembley, completely devalues the final and the prestige of making it there. Done purely for money reasons. We are blessed with many fantastic stadiums in this country that could and should be hosting semi-finals as neutral venues.

And Spurs shouldn't be playing there in the first place. Again, completely devalues the place and also gives them a massive advantage over other teams in the league - I'm sure Southampton, Leicester, Palace etc would love to suddenly be able to sell 80,000 tickets for their home games this season too. You're building a new ground are you? Great, good for you. Can you just have the national stadium for a year and have more fans at your games than the Premier League has ever seen before? Of course not, don't be silly.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 20:47 - Mar 18 with 1691 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 00:26 - Mar 18 by Juzzie

I looked this up last week and i think its around 2024.

I too think semi’s should revert back to other grounds but cant see it happening.

Or when we pay off our ffp fine.Its Another fa cup final I won’t be watching if those scumbags from SW London get there.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 20:55 - Mar 18 with 1685 viewsJuzzie

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 20:01 - Mar 18 by Northernr

I think the whole thing is sht.

Semi finals shouldn't be at Wembley, completely devalues the final and the prestige of making it there. Done purely for money reasons. We are blessed with many fantastic stadiums in this country that could and should be hosting semi-finals as neutral venues.

And Spurs shouldn't be playing there in the first place. Again, completely devalues the place and also gives them a massive advantage over other teams in the league - I'm sure Southampton, Leicester, Palace etc would love to suddenly be able to sell 80,000 tickets for their home games this season too. You're building a new ground are you? Great, good for you. Can you just have the national stadium for a year and have more fans at your games than the Premier League has ever seen before? Of course not, don't be silly.

I can see why they went there, location mainly, but Spurs’ games should have been capped at 50/60k. Not only has it been tough on residents but the club will have got loads more money this season, probably double, than a normal season at WHL.

I don’t recall other clubs having the same afforded to them. Most clubs who redevelop on the same site do it stand by stand and usually with a drop in attendance & revenue as each stand is developed.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:07 - Mar 18 with 1661 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 20:55 - Mar 18 by Juzzie

I can see why they went there, location mainly, but Spurs’ games should have been capped at 50/60k. Not only has it been tough on residents but the club will have got loads more money this season, probably double, than a normal season at WHL.

I don’t recall other clubs having the same afforded to them. Most clubs who redevelop on the same site do it stand by stand and usually with a drop in attendance & revenue as each stand is developed.

A lot of teams in 1 club cities get an unfair advantage by the councils helping them build their grounds by subsidising their costs.
Leicester,Derby,Cardiff and Swansea are just the tip of the iceberg of clubs who’ve been given an unfair advantage over similar sized clubs.
Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 09:04 - Mar 19 with 1427 viewssmegma

Anyone else think it’s unfair....... on 21:07 - Mar 18 by stowmarketrange

A lot of teams in 1 club cities get an unfair advantage by the councils helping them build their grounds by subsidising their costs.
Leicester,Derby,Cardiff and Swansea are just the tip of the iceberg of clubs who’ve been given an unfair advantage over similar sized clubs.

And then there's the tax payers stadium over in Stratford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024