Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze over Freeman 15:34 - Mar 18 with 6985 viewsGeorgiebrowne

I personally now feel is the time to offload some of our midfielders. We have chair and eze coming through and I feel we could most likely get 4-5 million for Freeman which could fund our striker problem. Eze provided an outlet in the first half yesterday against Fulham - which freeman simply didn't he constantly gave the ball away or hung on to it for too long. I also feel it would also be better for the team if Holloway did not feel obligated to shoe horn him in on the wings - where he clearly is not suited. Surely Oyasi - Samuel should be given a chance on the left or right wing of the front three.
Eze over Freeman on 15:52 - Mar 18 with 4936 viewsTonto

It is the club we are now... buy cheap sell high.

But less not actively hawk our best players. There is only so many times you can keep picking up good players for nothing. Eventually it becomes a game of diminishing returns

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Eze over Freeman on 16:06 - Mar 18 with 4878 viewsJamesB1979

I think we have less of a striker “issue” when we have 2 up front. I think you have to be an all round centre forward to be the lone striker and do it well ie. good in the air, strong, quick and score goals......that costs money! With 2 up front, you can have a combination of different strengths.

Personally, I think we need more physicality in central mid and a proper centre back. I’d sell Hall or Nedum plus Freeman or Luongo to pay for them plus make a profit.
Eze over Freeman on 16:13 - Mar 18 with 4853 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Fans are being really blind-sighted by the past week, I don't know how dropping Freeman is even a question. A little blip in form, but without him I actually think we'd be getting relegated. Him in our midfield three have been the past part of the team and he has arguably been best player. Eze is a great little player but still young, too many fans putting all the weight on him. If I was Freeman and had carried my team throughout the whole season only to be dropped because of one or two bad games I'd be fuming

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Eze over Freeman on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 4768 viewsNov77

it just proves that the over reaction is as strong after a few good results as after a few bad ones.

Eze has started 3 games. putting excess expectation on him isn't going to help at all, especially if he fails to live up to them.

let's just see if he develops into a first team player or not.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Eze over Freeman on 17:08 - Mar 18 with 4677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze over Freeman on 16:13 - Mar 18 by RANGERS4EVER

Fans are being really blind-sighted by the past week, I don't know how dropping Freeman is even a question. A little blip in form, but without him I actually think we'd be getting relegated. Him in our midfield three have been the past part of the team and he has arguably been best player. Eze is a great little player but still young, too many fans putting all the weight on him. If I was Freeman and had carried my team throughout the whole season only to be dropped because of one or two bad games I'd be fuming

Excellent post.

One small point, though - Freeman wasn't dropped, apparently. The comms team for the Villa match were very clear that he was rested purely due to his yellow cards total.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze over Freeman on 17:34 - Mar 18 with 4588 viewssmegma

Eze over Freeman on 17:08 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent post.

One small point, though - Freeman wasn't dropped, apparently. The comms team for the Villa match were very clear that he was rested purely due to his yellow cards total.

But then came on as a sub and could've been booked meaning a ban??
Eze over Freeman on 17:38 - Mar 18 with 4571 viewsdavman

You may have gathered that I am not a big fan of Luke Freeman, but talk of selling him is crazy. Yes, he has looked out of sorts over the last couple of months and yes, despite Sky saying otherwise, he was poor in a midfield 2 not tracking his players, but he is now one of our senior pros and a key member of the squad.

Almost as crazy as suggesting we'll sell injury plagued Grant Hall, get some money for Nedum Onouha despite him being out of contract at the end of the season AND sell both Freeman and Luongo too.

Amazing the difference just 4 games brings, isn't it?

Madness...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze over Freeman on 17:51 - Mar 18 with 4520 viewsAgedR

Freeman was given MOM yesterday...

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze over Freeman on 18:04 - Mar 18 with 4477 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We as supporters often call out players for lack of loyalty, then we talk about players like they are old fridges we’re trying to sell on Ebay.

A weird wave of anti Freeman sentiment has hit LfW recently.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 18:11]
Eze over Freeman on 18:27 - Mar 18 with 4392 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze over Freeman on 17:34 - Mar 18 by smegma

But then came on as a sub and could've been booked meaning a ban??

Yes, but I suppose that was a calculated risk.

Eze over Freeman on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 4347 viewsenfieldargh

Did a yellow card amnesty start then?

Mad to sell Freeman unless some one offers north of 5 Milion and even then I wouldnt do it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eze over Freeman on 18:47 - Mar 18 with 4336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze over Freeman on 17:51 - Mar 18 by AgedR

Freeman was given MOM yesterday...

Exactly. I think many of us think that was generous to him and that he was possibly a beneficiary of name-recognition. I remember one game up in Goodison when Clive Wilson put on the greatest full-back masterpiece both in defence and attack that any of us had ever seen. The journos gave the MOTM to Ray Wilkins. He had played very well, but Wilson was on another level altogether.

(Note for Stattos - was that game the 3-0 win in 91-92 or the 5-3 win in 92-93? If it was the 3-0 it means that Wilkins got MOTM over Wilson and also Bradley Allen who scored a hat-trick!)

Either way, I thought that Freeman had a poor first half, but a decent second half, especially when Holloway switched him into the centre. It was probably 'round about then that the journos took their elbows from the corporate bar and started watching.

Pawel and Furlong were far more deserving on this occasion.

Eze over Freeman on 19:02 - Mar 18 with 4287 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze over Freeman on 19:32 - Mar 18 with 4217 viewsbosh67

Eze over Freeman on 17:08 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent post.

This and something to do with minutes on pitch so the club played this very well. He certainly wasn't dropped.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze over Freeman on 19:34 - Mar 18 with 4214 viewsJamesB1979

Not sure anyone has said to drop Freeman. Slight overreaction....breathe, calm. We need to sell players to balance the books. Freeman would be a player we’d get proper money for. No harm in considering it.
Eze over Freeman on 19:39 - Mar 18 with 4203 viewsdaveB

Eze has done well in the last few games but to talk of selling freeman and replacing him with Eze seems a bit premature to me.

that being said I think Freeman may go in the summer
Eze over Freeman on 19:49 - Mar 18 with 4171 viewsJamesB1979

Eze over Freeman on 19:39 - Mar 18 by daveB

Eze has done well in the last few games but to talk of selling freeman and replacing him with Eze seems a bit premature to me.

Different positions/players too, so not sure you would/could replace them
Eze over Freeman on 19:53 - Mar 18 with 4159 viewsLongsufferingR

1) Freeman has been arguably our best player this season, creating a huge proportion of our goals
2) Eze looks a great prospect but has much to learn and is in the right place to learn it
3) Has anybody actually offered £5m for Freeman? I must have missed that.
Eze over Freeman on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 4096 viewsqprd

5 goals and 11 assists (and imagine how many more he'd have if our strikers weren't so crap)..

but forget the attacking stats- his defensive contributions are grossly underrated by the fans.... he's been part of midfield 3 in a 3-5-2 that has been totally and consistently outnumbered in midfield...his tackle and interception stats are impressive, and id imagine his miles covered is also up there

he's been vitally involved in defending and ball-winning, while also asked to be our creative spark...how many midfielders are there in the football league that plays as a creative, goal creating number 10 in attack and a central midfielder in defence?

eze has a long way to go before he's anywhere near freeman... for starters, he needs to get more involved in defense and figure out how to get on the ball better.... plus, he's still young and can't be relied on yet to consistently have good performances.... and on top of that, he hasn't proven he has the stamina and physicality to do it over a long gruelling 46 match campaign

im ok with selling freeman for the right price, but relying on eze as his replacement is a possible recipe for disaster
Eze over Freeman on 21:16 - Mar 18 with 3972 viewsderbyhoop

Holloway is quoted on West London Sport saying how much Eze still has to improve the defensive side of his game. He's right, despite 2 good games out of 3. Don't expect too much and decent be disappointed if it turns out he's not the next Messiah.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Eze over Freeman on 21:28 - Mar 18 with 3944 viewsloneranger1

Eze over Freeman on 19:53 - Mar 18 by LongsufferingR

1) Freeman has been arguably our best player this season, creating a huge proportion of our goals
2) Eze looks a great prospect but has much to learn and is in the right place to learn it
3) Has anybody actually offered £5m for Freeman? I must have missed that.

Nice summary, that
Eze over Freeman on 21:31 - Mar 18 with 3931 viewsloneranger1

Eze over Freeman on 20:10 - Mar 18 by qprd

5 goals and 11 assists (and imagine how many more he'd have if our strikers weren't so crap)..

but forget the attacking stats- his defensive contributions are grossly underrated by the fans.... he's been part of midfield 3 in a 3-5-2 that has been totally and consistently outnumbered in midfield...his tackle and interception stats are impressive, and id imagine his miles covered is also up there

he's been vitally involved in defending and ball-winning, while also asked to be our creative spark...how many midfielders are there in the football league that plays as a creative, goal creating number 10 in attack and a central midfielder in defence?

eze has a long way to go before he's anywhere near freeman... for starters, he needs to get more involved in defense and figure out how to get on the ball better.... plus, he's still young and can't be relied on yet to consistently have good performances.... and on top of that, he hasn't proven he has the stamina and physicality to do it over a long gruelling 46 match campaign

im ok with selling freeman for the right price, but relying on eze as his replacement is a possible recipe for disaster

And that too, I agree and think the tenacious side of Freeman's game is under-appreciated. It does mean he picks up a lot of yellows and on the one or two occasions where I've thought he's heading for a red, he seems to know how far to push his luck before reigning it in
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 21:31]
Eze over Freeman on 07:42 - Mar 19 with 3652 viewssmegma

Eze over Freeman on 18:27 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, but I suppose that was a calculated risk.

We were cruising at 2-0 so no need to risk it.
Eze over Freeman on 07:49 - Mar 19 with 3644 viewssmegma

Eze over Freeman on 19:39 - Mar 18 by daveB

It's what some 'fans' do though. One bad game and they are Gus Caesars relative, one good game and Barca should snap him up.
Eze over Freeman on 08:39 - Mar 19 with 3572 viewsTW_R

Eze over Freeman on 07:42 - Mar 19 by smegma

We were cruising at 2-0 so no need to risk it.

Well when you look at our bench he was probably the best option at the time. It was either him or Baptiste and I'm not sure you can argue it was the wrong decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024