Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze over Freeman 15:34 - Mar 18 with 6967 viewsGeorgiebrowne

I personally now feel is the time to offload some of our midfielders. We have chair and eze coming through and I feel we could most likely get 4-5 million for Freeman which could fund our striker problem. Eze provided an outlet in the first half yesterday against Fulham - which freeman simply didn't he constantly gave the ball away or hung on to it for too long. I also feel it would also be better for the team if Holloway did not feel obligated to shoe horn him in on the wings - where he clearly is not suited. Surely Oyasi - Samuel should be given a chance on the left or right wing of the front three.
Eze over Freeman on 09:03 - Mar 19 with 1973 viewssmegma

Eze over Freeman on 08:39 - Mar 19 by TW_R

Well when you look at our bench he was probably the best option at the time. It was either him or Baptiste and I'm not sure you can argue it was the wrong decision.

Totally agree BUT to say he was rested for the yellow card scenario seems a bit of a contradiction when you look at it.
Eze over Freeman on 11:18 - Mar 19 with 1907 views00calben

As everyone has pretty much said, we'd be mad to go in to next season relying on a guy who has made 3 starts at this level.

For these young players it is all about year-on-year progression.

Eze's target for 2018-19 should be to try and match the number of first team starts, overall appearances, and goals he has this season (across League 2 and the Championship combined) during a full season in the Championship.

The target for most of the others (Smyth, BOS) should be to beat the number of starts, overall appearances and goals from this season.

Furlong is at the stage where his aim for 2018-19 should be to establish himself as the first-choice RB throughout the entire season.

Kakay, Chair and possibly Oteh are probably where Eze was at the beginning of this season and a loan move to get some genuine, competitive first-team football is probably their best avenue of progress next season. The Club have shown with Furlong and now Eze that that is a genuine path in to the first team.

The hope would then be that this time next year Eze, Smyth and BOS are where Furlong is now and that their target for 2019/20 is to establish themselves as the out-and-out first-choice in their respective positions. It's all about small steps and ensuring progression and currently it seems the Club are getting this right.
Eze over Freeman on 11:41 - Mar 19 with 1881 viewsqprphil

Freeman and every player has a price, and every player has ambitions. If the opportunity arose to better himself at the next level, then why not.? Personally I don't think he's good enough for the next level. Better to be an important player in the Championship and playing regular, than sitting on the bench in the league above.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 11:42]
Eze over Freeman on 11:56 - Mar 19 with 1861 viewsbrad

i like freeman...hes a good player...why would we sell him?we wanted to get rid of the wasters.....they are gone...now we want rid of our good players who play for the badge...is it that we have to pick on some player all the time no matter what?....we have nice little team emerging and nice players comming through.....let get behind them!
Eze over Freeman on 11:57 - Mar 19 with 1861 viewssimmo

Eze over Freeman on 16:13 - Mar 18 by RANGERS4EVER

Fans are being really blind-sighted by the past week, I don't know how dropping Freeman is even a question. A little blip in form, but without him I actually think we'd be getting relegated. Him in our midfield three have been the past part of the team and he has arguably been best player. Eze is a great little player but still young, too many fans putting all the weight on him. If I was Freeman and had carried my team throughout the whole season only to be dropped because of one or two bad games I'd be fuming

Basically this. Whilst the sentiment from the OP is right - that we should sell when there's good offers on the table, especially when we have in-house alternatives and deficiencies in other areas - the recent murmurings of discontent against Freeman after the emergence of Eze is amazingly short sighted.

FFS this guy has been phenomenal since he walked through the door. Yes Eze has started well, but he's got so much to do to even be mentioned in the same breath as someone like Freeman who so far this season has been both skillful and creative as well as doing all the pressing and defending that has served us so well. We're also taking for granted his set pieces, we've scored from so many corner/free kick situations this season because of how great Freeman is at delivering from dead balls, don't think that won't be missed if he moves on.

It's good to have options and there's no reason why we shouldn't rotate where necessary, but other than that Freeman should be one of the first names on the team sheet and barring a great offer, retained for next season and beyond.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Eze over Freeman on 12:27 - Mar 19 with 1841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze over Freeman on 09:03 - Mar 19 by smegma

Totally agree BUT to say he was rested for the yellow card scenario seems a bit of a contradiction when you look at it.

Maybe, but I'm sure they wouldn't have said it if they hadn't it on good authority. One of the comms team is Sinton, after all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze over Freeman on 17:12 - Mar 19 with 1752 viewsTW_R

Eze over Freeman on 09:03 - Mar 19 by smegma

Not really - I think it was a decision based on risk. Eze looked knackered and with only 10 mins left of the game quite a low risk that Freeman would get a card. Certainly still a risk, but significantly reduced by the fact the game was 90% complete.
Eze over Freeman on 17:45 - Mar 19 with 1741 viewsNoelmc

Eze over Freeman on 11:57 - Mar 19 by simmo

Basically this. Whilst the sentiment from the OP is right - that we should sell when there's good offers on the table, especially when we have in-house alternatives and deficiencies in other areas - the recent murmurings of discontent against Freeman after the emergence of Eze is amazingly short sighted.

FFS this guy has been phenomenal since he walked through the door. Yes Eze has started well, but he's got so much to do to even be mentioned in the same breath as someone like Freeman who so far this season has been both skillful and creative as well as doing all the pressing and defending that has served us so well. We're also taking for granted his set pieces, we've scored from so many corner/free kick situations this season because of how great Freeman is at delivering from dead balls, don't think that won't be missed if he moves on.

It's good to have options and there's no reason why we shouldn't rotate where necessary, but other than that Freeman should be one of the first names on the team sheet and barring a great offer, retained for next season and beyond.

Spot on mentioning Freeman's set pieces, Simmo. For the first time in years we are a threat at set pieces thanks to his delivery. In the days of Barton as taker-in-chief, the biggest threat at our attacking set pieces were the opposition scoring on the counter-attack.

I'd love to know the stats on the % of goals we score (or attempts on target) from set pieces since Freeman joined, compared to figures over previous seasons. My impression though is we have improved dramatically in this respect since he joined.

Everyone has their price but it would have to £5m plus for me to think it might be a good option to let him go. Just on set piece delivery alone he would be very hard/expensive to replace.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze over Freeman on 23:05 - Mar 19 with 1669 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze over Freeman on 17:45 - Mar 19 by Noelmc

Spot on mentioning Freeman's set pieces, Simmo. For the first time in years we are a threat at set pieces thanks to his delivery. In the days of Barton as taker-in-chief, the biggest threat at our attacking set pieces were the opposition scoring on the counter-attack.

I'd love to know the stats on the % of goals we score (or attempts on target) from set pieces since Freeman joined, compared to figures over previous seasons. My impression though is we have improved dramatically in this respect since he joined.

Everyone has their price but it would have to £5m plus for me to think it might be a good option to let him go. Just on set piece delivery alone he would be very hard/expensive to replace.

Dead right, Noel, about the set pieces. It's a huge factor. As much as we'd like to be Ajax of the 70's there are practicalities. Keeping Freeman at the club until we have a replacement for set pieces is one of them. Sometimes, keeping Smith on the field to clear corners and frees is another - the man is deadly at it. I have noticed these last few games that we have changed our throw-ins, we longer automatically bomb them in to the opposing box, we often take them short. True, Robinson is injured but even Furlong is taking them short. I suppose we have more ballplayers in the team...maybe that's the calculation. Again, we would have to wonder if Ramsey's integration has affected this change in tactics.

Either way, we're inventive and creative from set-pieces, more so than often before. Gerry Francis' reign, for instance, saw us being inept at attacking corners. Utterly inept.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze over Freeman on 15:11 - Mar 20 with 1546 viewsPhilmyRs

End of season not much to play for, best player (or at least most creative) whose busted a gut for months is unsurprisingly not setting the world on fire. Added to this, young flavour of the month shows it is possible to look elegant on the ball while wearing a QPR shirt and you get the inevitable calls for change.

I don't mind Freeman not playing much now there's nothing happening with our season and I do like the look of Eze so only right he gets some game time but thinking ahead to the start of next season, how you could consider overlooking our best player in favour of an unknown talent is beyond me. Obviously if a good offer comes in we'll have to deal but if Freeman's still our player come the start of next season, he has to play, surely?
Eze over Freeman on 19:17 - Mar 20 with 1461 viewsdavman

Of course the REALLY challenge on its way is can Freeman do it as one of a two in centre mid?
3-5-2 yep, but this means wing backs
4-3-3 jury's out as we tend to end up lopsided with the full backs providing the width
4-4-2 jury's out, but on Saturdays showing, it's a no. Maybe further forward in the position Eze played on Saturday, but not as one of a central 2...
4-5-1 would appear to be our best bet, or this without the ball and 4-3-3 with it maybe, but then we're left with a lone striker, which also seems unpopular! !

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze over Freeman on 23:00 - Mar 20 with 1372 viewsCamberleyR

Eze over Freeman on 18:47 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly. I think many of us think that was generous to him and that he was possibly a beneficiary of name-recognition. I remember one game up in Goodison when Clive Wilson put on the greatest full-back masterpiece both in defence and attack that any of us had ever seen. The journos gave the MOTM to Ray Wilkins. He had played very well, but Wilson was on another level altogether.

(Note for Stattos - was that game the 3-0 win in 91-92 or the 5-3 win in 92-93? If it was the 3-0 it means that Wilkins got MOTM over Wilson and also Bradley Allen who scored a hat-trick!)

Either way, I thought that Freeman had a poor first half, but a decent second half, especially when Holloway switched him into the centre. It was probably 'round about then that the journos took their elbows from the corporate bar and started watching.

Pawel and Furlong were far more deserving on this occasion.

The yellow card amnesty was the second Sunday in March Bri, so Freeman was safe from suspension by the Villa game.

Also the Bradley Allen hattrick game at Everton was 93/94, immediately preceding us giving Swindon their first win that season. Can't remember for sure if it was the Clive Wilson masterclass that game or the Les hattrick game the season before.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Eze over Freeman on 00:10 - Mar 21 with 1335 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst I understand the possibility of having to offload players to free up funds for a striker, this can be achieved in other ways instead of selling Freeman. There are still a few players at the club earning big wages; offloading the big earners would free up more funds than any fee we're likely to command for Luke.
Eze over Freeman on 00:27 - Mar 21 with 1318 viewsoldmisery

Eze over Freeman on 15:11 - Mar 20 by PhilmyRs

End of season not much to play for, best player (or at least most creative) whose busted a gut for months is unsurprisingly not setting the world on fire. Added to this, young flavour of the month shows it is possible to look elegant on the ball while wearing a QPR shirt and you get the inevitable calls for change.

I don't mind Freeman not playing much now there's nothing happening with our season and I do like the look of Eze so only right he gets some game time but thinking ahead to the start of next season, how you could consider overlooking our best player in favour of an unknown talent is beyond me. Obviously if a good offer comes in we'll have to deal but if Freeman's still our player come the start of next season, he has to play, surely?

I think you'll find it was Scowen who busted a gut!
Eze over Freeman on 01:33 - Mar 21 with 1299 viewstimcocking

It surprises me, but seems a few on here don't seem to fully appreciate how important (and excellent) Luke Freeman has been for us. Without him, we'd be going down this year.

I'd suggest it's a bit premature to be relying on said youngsters really. Championship is unforgiving. Get rid of Freeman, start badly next season and it could be a slippery slope.
If he insists on leaving, or we get a great offer, fair enough, but i don't have an urge to be rid of our best player.

That said, Eze and Freeman clearly seem best suited to the same position. And Eze would probably be thrilled to be playing for us, whereas Freeman does sometimes give out the body language of a player who'd rather be playing with better players. It's my only gripe with Freeman, that negativity he gives out. I always hated playing with players like that.
Eze over Freeman on 10:43 - Mar 21 with 1228 viewsTHEBUSH

We need more quality players like Freeman, not less.

Eze is an excellent young prospect, no more than that, and not ready for 40 odd games a season.

Were´re gonna lose at least a couple of out of contract first team players next season, so players like Freeman are so important for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024