Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report 19:56 - Mar 18 with 3894 viewsNorthernr

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report 18th Mar 2018 19:41
QPR continued their March resurgence with a 2-2 draw that could easily have been a win at in-form Fulham on Saturday, despite trailing 2-0 just before half time. 16

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 21:58 - Mar 18 with 3563 viewscolinallcars

Great write-up, thanks.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 00:53 - Mar 19 with 3329 viewsTacticalR

'Bettinelli rushed from his line and saved a poor finish with the end of his penis.' It looked like his nuts from where I was sitting.

Air hostess clique

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 11:00 - Mar 19 with 2901 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Last years end of season collapse was partially due to an awful lot of mixing up team selection and trying out marginal squad members.

I would like to think that this season the vision for next seasons squad is a lot clearer and the team selections not as unsettling to form.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 11:18 - Mar 19 with 2864 viewsqprphil

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 11:00 - Mar 19 by WrightUp5hit___

Last years end of season collapse was partially due to an awful lot of mixing up team selection and trying out marginal squad members.

I would like to think that this season the vision for next seasons squad is a lot clearer and the team selections not as unsettling to form.

I hope your right, but if I'm not wrong, there are a few up for contract renewals, so he may yet fiddle about with it.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:14 - Mar 19 with 2604 viewsqprd

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 11:00 - Mar 19 by WrightUp5hit___

exactly. last year, we had a lot of deadweight on the squad that we had to figure out what to do with: yeni, gladwin, doughty, ravel m, lualua, ariel b, karl henry, goss to name just a few

we've done a lot to lean down the squad, which removes a lot of the selection issues and concerns about keeping senior players happy

last year, Ollie's tinkering related to playing senior players... this year, if he does it, it'll be related to testing out the young kids....at this stage, itd be great to see the likes BOS, tilt, oteh, and chair get some minutes, in addition to those that smyth, eze furlong and manning are getting
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 18:47 - Mar 19 with 2442 viewsPinnerPaul

Having watched the 90' back now, a few refereeing notes (Its easy refereeing a game, 2 days later from your armchair!)

1) Added time 1st half - Fulham scored 44' 55" but we didn't kick off until 46' 00" so ref played the added 2 mins from then

2) Thought all yellows fair enough including the tackle on Smyth

3) HOWEVER after that yellow was issued, ref insisted PS leave fop after treatment. For a few seasons now new law is that injured player does not have to leave fop if the challenge that caused the injury results in a yellow or red card. Pretty poor to get something wrong in law at this level. Not a game changer I know, but he will lose marks for that one.

Cheers all
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 08:03 - Mar 20 with 2125 viewsNorthernr

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 18:47 - Mar 19 by PinnerPaul

Having watched the 90' back now, a few refereeing notes (Its easy refereeing a game, 2 days later from your armchair!)

1) Added time 1st half - Fulham scored 44' 55" but we didn't kick off until 46' 00" so ref played the added 2 mins from then

2) Thought all yellows fair enough including the tackle on Smyth

3) HOWEVER after that yellow was issued, ref insisted PS leave fop after treatment. For a few seasons now new law is that injured player does not have to leave fop if the challenge that caused the injury results in a yellow or red card. Pretty poor to get something wrong in law at this level. Not a game changer I know, but he will lose marks for that one.

Cheers all

Yeh on point three, Smyth and the physio were both making that point to him, and then the linesman on the side who appeared to agree with them but then shrug it off.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 09:07 - Mar 20 with 2091 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 08:03 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Yeh on point three, Smyth and the physio were both making that point to him, and then the linesman on the side who appeared to agree with them but then shrug it off.

With 4 officials, all miked up - really is no excuse to get anything like that wrong.

I'm guessing, as in the Keith Stroud penalty incident, the other 3 officials, didn't want to overrule the man in charge.

Makes a mockery of the idea of a refereeing 'team'!
Login to get fewer ads

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 09:52 - Mar 20 with 2061 viewsNorthernr

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 09:07 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

With 4 officials, all miked up - really is no excuse to get anything like that wrong.

I'm guessing, as in the Keith Stroud penalty incident, the other 3 officials, didn't want to overrule the man in charge.

Makes a mockery of the idea of a refereeing 'team'!

Yeh physio wasn't happy, making the card gesture at the referee and the lino and then arms outstretched. Like you say, not often they're wrong 'in law' as they say - unless it's Stroud of course, he just makes the laws up as he goes along.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:53 - Mar 20 with 1933 viewsLblock

I wasn't aware of that law change - interesting.

Related to the subject of rule changes and so called experts not knowing I had cause to think back to the stick a ref got on here for correct use a few weeks back when watching the box last night.
Donny v Bradford and ref awards free kick fora Donny player coming back into his half from an offside position
Free kick awarded 12 yards inside the Donny half
Don Goodman goes mad in the commentary box as did 75% of the home crowd with DG saying "thank goodness nothing came of that, the ref has got that wrong there, it was actually offside which as we all know needs to be in the attacking half.. blah, blah, blah"

Surely these rule changes should be known by so called pro's?!?!?!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:56 - Mar 20 with 1932 viewsNorthernr

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:53 - Mar 20 by Lblock

Related to the subject of rule changes and so called experts not knowing I had cause to think back to the stick a ref got on here for correct use a few weeks back when watching the box last night.
Donny v Bradford and ref awards free kick fora Donny player coming back into his half from an offside position
Don Goodman goes mad in the commentary box as did 75% of the home crowd with DG saying "thank goodness nothing came of that, the ref has got that wrong there, it was actually offside which as we all know needs to be in the attacking half.. blah, blah, blah"

And the Forest home game where everybody was giving the linesman abuse for not awarding Smith's goal - and there were threads on the Facepaint afterwards with people posting photographs about how it was definitely in... when we have goal line technology at LR this season.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 16:34 - Mar 20 with 1884 viewsRBlock

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:56 - Mar 20 by Northernr

And the Forest home game where everybody was giving the linesman abuse for not awarding Smith's goal - and there were threads on the Facepaint afterwards with people posting photographs about how it was definitely in... when we have goal line technology at LR this season.

That was particularly amusing as not only was it clearly nowhere near over the line, the ref also spent a few seconds staring at his hawkeye watch after as well.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 17:25 - Mar 20 with 1832 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:53 - Mar 20 by Lblock

Of course they should L Block - been banging that drum for years now - makes watching football on the TV with me great fun - as Mrs PP will testify!!!!!!

Offside - could write a whole novel on it, but the thing everyone forgets is this " It is NOT an offence to be in an offside position"

So the logic here is that the player only commits an offence when he touches the ball, so as all other fks are taken where then offence occurs, so it is in these cases now as well.
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1828 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 15:56 - Mar 20 by Northernr

I've had a row with someone at LR who told me 'Don't be ridiculous, of course you can' when I pointed out that shouting for offside from a GK was wrong as you can't be offside from a GK!
QPR fightback floors Fulham - Report on 17:32 - Mar 20 with 1823 viewsPinnerPaul

Update for the 2 1/2 people interested on Smyth going off.

My friends on RefChat have reminded me that treatment has to be 'completed quickly' for the player to stay on the pitch.

Many agree with me when I say that is nonsense in this instance because by the time the ref had consulted with AR, dealt with Fulham players telling him it wasn't even a foul, QPR players telling him it was a red & issued the yellow card - Smyth was ready to go and we were waiting to take the FK!

Can't blame people for not understanding this nuance as I don't get it myself!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024