Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! 15:54 - Mar 19 with 8337 viewsTeddRanger

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 15:59 - Mar 19 with 5883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good God...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:00 - Mar 19 with 5885 viewsEsox_Lucius

Probably the reason their support was so much better than ours on Saturday and nothing to do with having six times as many fans in the ground.

The grass is always greener.

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:15 - Mar 19 with 5832 viewsJuzzie

SW6 has many landmarks (Putney Bridge, Hammersmith Bridge [ok, just outside of SW6], Hammersmith Odeon, the Riverside Walk etc) and they chose to present it outside Borough Market??
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:37 - Mar 19 with 5779 viewsDWQPR

It sums them up! They are so posh that they have to have a third party to do the clapping on their behalf! So a section for singing, a section for clappers so what about the rest, three whole stands set aside for gin qwaffing?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:48 - Mar 19 with 5749 viewsngbqpr

If you'd asked a bunch of Rs fans to do a video spoofing FFC...that could've been it. Self-parody at its finest? Truth stranger than fiction?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:49 - Mar 19 with 5747 viewsRs_Holy

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:37 - Mar 19 by DWQPR

It sums them up! They are so posh that they have to have a third party to do the clapping on their behalf! So a section for singing, a section for clappers so what about the rest, three whole stands set aside for gin qwaffing?

Ah Bless!... their fans are sooooo sweet
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:52 - Mar 19 with 5738 viewssmegma

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:15 - Mar 19 by Juzzie

SW6 has many landmarks (Putney Bridge, Hammersmith Bridge [ok, just outside of SW6], Hammersmith Odeon, the Riverside Walk etc) and they chose to present it outside Borough Market??

The Odeon is not in SW6 either.

As for that video, everything that is wrong about modern football and supporters in a nutshell. Most of those speaking on it probably starting going 5 years ago including the grandads.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 17:00]
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:12 - Mar 19 with 5669 viewsBoston

If you get the opportunity to vote, then do so in the affirmative. The more up votes the more likely they are to keep them and the longer they retain a certain jokiness!
These clappers, along with Jackson and that poxy Waffen SS inspired badge (gods name Konk, can no-one at your club see how much better a simple intertwined black FFC looks on one of those shirts in the vid), conjure up an image of an marketing division headed by a fourteen year old.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:22 - Mar 19 with 5647 viewsstevec

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:49 - Mar 19 by Rs_Holy

Ah Bless!... their fans are sooooo sweet

Ha Ha, it's hard dislike them but they give us a good laugh.

Cannot imagine clappers at LR, they don't even trust us with bottle tops.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:29 - Mar 19 with 5615 viewssmegma

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:22 - Mar 19 by stevec

Ha Ha, it's hard dislike them but they give us a good laugh.

Cannot imagine clappers at LR, they don't even trust us with bottle tops.

We did it at home to Leicester live on tv about 8 years ago ??? I thought it was shite then and still do.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:57 - Mar 19 with 5578 viewsCiderwithRsie

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:37 - Mar 19 by DWQPR

"a third party to do the clapping on their behalf":

Curtain rises.

Scene: Craven Cottage. The Hammersmith End. Konk is revealed centre stage. In the background the referee is seen, missing a blatant home penalty. Konk pulls out small hand-bell and rings.

Enter Jeeves, stage left.

Konk: I say Jeeves, would you mind just c*nting off the referee for me?

Jeeves: Certainly sir. (Turns to pitch) ARE YOU F***ING BLIND REF, THAT WAS A F***ING PEN ALL DAY YOU DOZY F***ING C*NT! W***ER! (Turns back to Konk): Will there be anything else sir?

Konk: No, that'll be all. Oh, and second thoughts, how about a whisky and splash? Not too heavy on the splash?

Jeeves: Very good, sir.

And so the day wore on.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 18:00 - Mar 19 with 5571 viewsJuzzie

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 16:52 - Mar 19 by smegma

The Odeon is not in SW6 either.

As for that video, everything that is wrong about modern football and supporters in a nutshell. Most of those speaking on it probably starting going 5 years ago including the grandads.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 17:00]

I know, but it's closer than Borough Market!
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 18:25 - Mar 19 with 5510 viewsDannyPaddox

The debate that's raging through the cottage. Should there be a section just for the clappers and what to call it? How about the Clap Clinic.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 18:59 - Mar 19 with 5436 views2Thomas2Bowles

Get that kannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt off my manor

Oh hang on Burgers burgers £8 each or £10 with cheese for the yids

Also doing toasted cheese sandwich £6 each
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 19:05]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:21 - Mar 19 with 5381 viewsaston_hoop

The way the bloke at the beginning pronounced Craven Cottage reminded me of Ed Milliband when he was trying to sound more common to appeal to working class voters. Also, I only watched the first 20 seconds...assume I didnt miss much.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:28 - Mar 19 with 5359 viewslondonscottish

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:21 - Mar 19 by aston_hoop

The way the bloke at the beginning pronounced Craven Cottage reminded me of Ed Milliband when he was trying to sound more common to appeal to working class voters. Also, I only watched the first 20 seconds...assume I didnt miss much.

You missed the clappers.

Better than vuvuzelas, apparently.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:36 - Mar 19 with 5338 viewskensalriser

As the spiritual home of young, urban middle class Londoners, I think Borough Market is a great choice.

Sourdough pancetta and roasted artichoke wrap, anyone?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:44 - Mar 19 with 5315 viewsKonk

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:57 - Mar 19 by CiderwithRsie

"a third party to do the clapping on their behalf":

Curtain rises.

Scene: Craven Cottage. The Hammersmith End. Konk is revealed centre stage. In the background the referee is seen, missing a blatant home penalty. Konk pulls out small hand-bell and rings.

Enter Jeeves, stage left.

Konk: I say Jeeves, would you mind just c*nting off the referee for me?

Jeeves: Certainly sir. (Turns to pitch) ARE YOU F***ING BLIND REF, THAT WAS A F***ING PEN ALL DAY YOU DOZY F***ING C*NT! W***ER! (Turns back to Konk): Will there be anything else sir?

Konk: No, that'll be all. Oh, and second thoughts, how about a whisky and splash? Not too heavy on the splash?

Jeeves: Very good, sir.

And so the day wore on.

Not a million miles away from the truth, although unless Ollie Norwood's playing, you'll never find me appealing for a penalty. I hate the fu cking things.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:46 - Mar 19 with 5302 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 19:36 - Mar 19 by kensalriser

As the spiritual home of young, urban middle class Londoners, I think Borough Market is a great choice.

Sourdough pancetta and roasted artichoke wrap, anyone?

The word you are looking for is pretentious, Borough Market and Fulham fans.

*and a few rangers ones*
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 19:47]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:36 - Mar 19 with 5182 viewsLblock

I hope they don't ask the Chinese tourists what their views on these bit's of cardboard tatt are.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:42 - Mar 19 with 5173 viewsKonk

That video actually made me chuckle. Some great quotes on there and I am all in favour of a separate section for the Happy Clappers. They could watch the game on a big screen in Bishops Park or something. The people interviewed certainly represent a significant element of our support and I'm sure they're all lovely people, but I don't think they're necessarily typical of your average Fulham fan. If your man had spoken to anyone I know, for instance, the unanimous verdict would have been that clappers are a bag of wan k.

As for the clappers themselves, I can see the attraction if you're six years old, but other than that..., I suppose it doesn't really matter - they're harmless, after all, but I do find it all a bit strange; grown-ups bashing a cardboard clapper against their palm rather than just clapping with their hands like a normal person; as people had managed to do at Fulham games for the best part of 130 years before they appeared tucked into our seats. People needing a prop before they'll commit to making some noise to back the team with encouragement seems a bit tragic.

So, I'm not a fan, but then I've always found you lot playing and singing along to Pigbag when you score a bit shi t. Not sure what's wrong with the roar of the crowd and noise that follows. Music after goals is all a bit big foam hands, face paint and live recordings of Gladiators at the NEC, isn't it, and yet you lot lap it up...

EDIT: Boston: Our badge is bloody awful and you're right in that if they wanted to get rid of the Borough's coat of arms, and replace it with something that doesn't even mention the club's name, they could at least have gone with the FFC badge as seen on the '75 cup final shirt. As it is, the current badge has been around for 17 years now, so for a lot of our younger (and newer) fans, it's all they've known, so they don't seem to have an issue with it.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:48]

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:51 - Mar 19 with 5134 viewssmegma

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:42 - Mar 19 by Konk

That video actually made me chuckle. Some great quotes on there and I am all in favour of a separate section for the Happy Clappers. They could watch the game on a big screen in Bishops Park or something. The people interviewed certainly represent a significant element of our support and I'm sure they're all lovely people, but I don't think they're necessarily typical of your average Fulham fan. If your man had spoken to anyone I know, for instance, the unanimous verdict would have been that clappers are a bag of wan k.

As for the clappers themselves, I can see the attraction if you're six years old, but other than that..., I suppose it doesn't really matter - they're harmless, after all, but I do find it all a bit strange; grown-ups bashing a cardboard clapper against their palm rather than just clapping with their hands like a normal person; as people had managed to do at Fulham games for the best part of 130 years before they appeared tucked into our seats. People needing a prop before they'll commit to making some noise to back the team with encouragement seems a bit tragic.

So, I'm not a fan, but then I've always found you lot playing and singing along to Pigbag when you score a bit shi t. Not sure what's wrong with the roar of the crowd and noise that follows. Music after goals is all a bit big foam hands, face paint and live recordings of Gladiators at the NEC, isn't it, and yet you lot lap it up...

EDIT: Boston: Our badge is bloody awful and you're right in that if they wanted to get rid of the Borough's coat of arms, and replace it with something that doesn't even mention the club's name, they could at least have gone with the FFC badge as seen on the '75 cup final shirt. As it is, the current badge has been around for 17 years now, so for a lot of our younger (and newer) fans, it's all they've known, so they don't seem to have an issue with it.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:48]

Do they come with instructions printed on them or do they announce them over the p.a??
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 21:00 - Mar 19 with 5105 viewsKonk

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:51 - Mar 19 by smegma

Do they come with instructions printed on them or do they announce them over the p.a??

The clappers? The club run training seminars during the summer and go into schools and talk to kids about not just the mechanics of the clapping action, but also the responsibilities from a Health and Safety perspective. And each block of seats has a volunteer on hand to help out anyone who's struggling on the clapper front. It's a proper commitment from the club.

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 21:49 - Mar 19 with 5010 viewsRs_Holy

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 21:00 - Mar 19 by Konk

The clappers? The club run training seminars during the summer and go into schools and talk to kids about not just the mechanics of the clapping action, but also the responsibilities from a Health and Safety perspective. And each block of seats has a volunteer on hand to help out anyone who's struggling on the clapper front. It's a proper commitment from the club.

The video from 20 seconds to 28 seconds looks like a pre-match practice session, complete with Bontempi preset music and accompanying metronome.... some folks are really getting into it, whilst others are struggling a bit... it’s obviously not as easy as it looks?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 21:52]
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 21:54 - Mar 19 with 5001 viewsW12SG2

Fair point from Konk, Pigbag has to go. A bit non league and sh1t in general
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024