Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone up watching the cricket?! 02:13 - Mar 22 with 15211 viewsKiwi76

First day/night test in NZ and she's been quite the start.
Boult with a 5for off 8 overs and England 27/9!!
Bloody hell
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 05:40 - Mar 22 with 7554 viewsdanehoop

Think that England again got their preparations wrong for this series.

Well bowled by the kiwis, but there was some rubbish shot selection in places and quite a few of those players simply didn’t look ready for playing in NZ conditions.

Never knowingly understood

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 08:53 - Mar 22 with 7459 viewsElHoop

I think that the one and only problem is that we're absolute shite.

Losing in Oz was bad enough but a proper thumping in NZ is almost inevitable now, as are home thumpings from Pakistan and India.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 09:01 - Mar 22 with 7447 viewstoboboly

Why is Stokes above Bairstow in the order? Seems like a total lack of preperation and belief by an inconsistant England team and some decent cricket from NZ who have already won the series.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:14 - Mar 22 with 7379 viewsstevec

Not another test, do England ever stop playing?

What is the purpose, it just goes round and round and round.

Practically everyone wins at home because nobody in their right mind can perform when going from hotel to hotel in a foreign country for six fckin months. Pakistan and India will come here and lose, for exactly the same reasons, England cricket fans will rejoice and then we'll go off on another 6 month tour and lose and on it goes.

Go back to County cricket, have a knockout test series for an entire year but only once every four years, have it in a neutral country and then at least someone can actually hold up a cup and add some meaningfulness to this whole sorry sport.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:39 - Mar 22 with 7346 viewsElHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:14 - Mar 22 by stevec

Not another test, do England ever stop playing?

What is the purpose, it just goes round and round and round.

Practically everyone wins at home because nobody in their right mind can perform when going from hotel to hotel in a foreign country for six fckin months. Pakistan and India will come here and lose, for exactly the same reasons, England cricket fans will rejoice and then we'll go off on another 6 month tour and lose and on it goes.

Go back to County cricket, have a knockout test series for an entire year but only once every four years, have it in a neutral country and then at least someone can actually hold up a cup and add some meaningfulness to this whole sorry sport.

You've got to be kidding mate.

Pakistan won here last year (Champions Trophy) and have a great bowling line up. They never play at home.

India are the best side in the world in my view. Another great bowling attack - probably their best ever. We are heading for an 'annus horribilis' - there's not too much doubt about that unfortunately.

Yes there's far too much cricket of all sorts, but that doesn't mean that you should be losing it. 27-9 ffs. That's about as abysmal as it gets.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:34 - Mar 22 with 7287 viewsAntti_Heinola

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:39 - Mar 22 by ElHoop

You've got to be kidding mate.

Pakistan won here last year (Champions Trophy) and have a great bowling line up. They never play at home.

India are the best side in the world in my view. Another great bowling attack - probably their best ever. We are heading for an 'annus horribilis' - there's not too much doubt about that unfortunately.

Yes there's far too much cricket of all sorts, but that doesn't mean that you should be losing it. 27-9 ffs. That's about as abysmal as it gets.

Abysmal.
But we'll win both series Test this summer.

Bare bones.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:37 - Mar 22 with 7286 viewsElHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:34 - Mar 22 by Antti_Heinola

Abysmal.

There's 0.0000000000% chance of that!
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 7274 viewstoboboly

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:34 - Mar 22 by Antti_Heinola

Abysmal.

Really don't think we will unless we can start batting and our bowlers pull a Trent Bridge 2015 out of their rses every innings.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 12:13 - Mar 22 with 7254 viewsElHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:50 - Mar 22 by toboboly

Really don't think we will unless we can start batting and our bowlers pull a Trent Bridge 2015 out of their rses every innings.

We simply don't have the players to beat good sides anywhere at all now. Our old men are worn out, and the young batsmen in particular aren't good enough. We struggled to beat the Windies at home last year and they were lucky to beat Scotland yesterday.

We've fallen behind the rest of the top sides and they don't even need to be at their best to beat us at the moment. I would love to be wrong about this, but I can't see it happening.

When i said all this earlier in the year somebody said that New Zealand conditions would be more like they are at home, so they would suit us. So what happened there? Would we need too much more preparation to play at home? 27-9 in supposedly familiar conditions suggests that something more is wrong surely?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 12:35 - Mar 22 with 7225 viewstoboboly

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 12:13 - Mar 22 by ElHoop

We simply don't have the players to beat good sides anywhere at all now. Our old men are worn out, and the young batsmen in particular aren't good enough. We struggled to beat the Windies at home last year and they were lucky to beat Scotland yesterday.

We've fallen behind the rest of the top sides and they don't even need to be at their best to beat us at the moment. I would love to be wrong about this, but I can't see it happening.

When i said all this earlier in the year somebody said that New Zealand conditions would be more like they are at home, so they would suit us. So what happened there? Would we need too much more preparation to play at home? 27-9 in supposedly familiar conditions suggests that something more is wrong surely?

Seems like a lot of the older guys don't have the drive/bodies left anymore - Cook/Ali/Broad.

Andererson and Root are first class and Bairstow/Woakes/Stokes are getting there.

Every one else seems overawed at Test level.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 13:00 - Mar 22 with 7198 viewsjohnhoop

I think a big part of the problem is the way the batsmen approach Test cricket-the positive outlook/fearless approach mantra that Bayliss appears to have drummed into them, regardless of the situation. I don’t believe everybody should play like Boycott but there is a happy medium and at the moment our batsmen are playing far too many loose shots for this format of the game. Really class batsmen like Steve Smith and Kane Williamson have shown us this winter that it’s ok to grind it out for a while if that’s going to put you in a winning position or help to avoid defeat.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 15:38 - Mar 23 with 7043 viewsHayesender

There's obviously a reason Root was known as craptain by his team mates at yorkshire

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 18:52 - Mar 23 with 6986 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 13:00 - Mar 22 by johnhoop

I think a big part of the problem is the way the batsmen approach Test cricket-the positive outlook/fearless approach mantra that Bayliss appears to have drummed into them, regardless of the situation. I don’t believe everybody should play like Boycott but there is a happy medium and at the moment our batsmen are playing far too many loose shots for this format of the game. Really class batsmen like Steve Smith and Kane Williamson have shown us this winter that it’s ok to grind it out for a while if that’s going to put you in a winning position or help to avoid defeat.

I got sick of seeing batsmen giving their wickets away in Australia during the winter.Especially Moeen Ali.The convicts knew that they had to play their way in while we tried to get a quick 30 or 40 runs and then leave it to the next man to rescue the situation.I know it was hard to bat under those circumstances at times but we didn’t help ourselves by playing a one day innings in a 5 day test match.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:16 - Mar 23 with 6936 viewsKiwi76

Auckland’s bloody weather will win the test unfortunately.
Lot of rain overnight & storms forecast today - been great summer here as well.
Not sure if we can get big enough lead & leave enough time to get another 10 wickets.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:23 - Mar 23 with 6927 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:16 - Mar 23 by Kiwi76

Not sure if we can get big enough lead & leave enough time to get another 10 wickets.

Surely it clear up for the 20 minutes you’ll need to get us out again?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:48 - Mar 23 with 6905 viewsRangersw12

We lost the Ashes 5-0 4 years gonand what do the ECB focus on...whiteball cricket

Nobody seems to be able to bat in a test anymore especially when the ball is moving around . 5 days is a long time and if it's swinging/seaming them you need to be on the defensive until the ball goes softer

Future doesn't look great either with the Lions getting skittled in the Windies a few weeks ago

We will probably do ok in the summer as we still have Jimmy and India are poor travellers but it will only paper over the cracks again
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 20:48]
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:49 - Mar 23 with 6900 viewsRangersw12

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:16 - Mar 23 by Kiwi76

You will easily have enough time to knock us over again mate so don't worry about that

I would even declare now if the rain is that bad
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 21:58 - Mar 23 with 6871 viewsqpr1976

I was at Eden Park for day 1, Boult bowled very well, add to that some poor shots & a brilliant catch & all out. Good fight back for the 10th wicket though. Lovely day otherwise. 6k England fans & about 4k Kiwis. Nice stadium for rugby & football, but not for cricket.
Gave day 2 a swerve due to rainy forecast and went to Waiheke Island instead. Beautiful.
Praying for more rain & armageddon then start again in Christchurch, an old school village cricket ground.

Root should not bat at 3
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:28 - Mar 24 with 6746 viewsRoller

I see that the Aussies have been caught ball tampering. How can Smith possibly stay on as captain after admitting that the team's "leadership group" had spoken about it and "thought it was a way to get an advantage"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43526870
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 21:38 - Mar 24 with 6724 viewsKiwi76

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 21:58 - Mar 23 by qpr1976

I was at Eden Park for day 1, Boult bowled very well, add to that some poor shots & a brilliant catch & all out. Good fight back for the 10th wicket though. Lovely day otherwise. 6k England fans & about 4k Kiwis. Nice stadium for rugby & football, but not for cricket.
Gave day 2 a swerve due to rainy forecast and went to Waiheke Island instead. Beautiful.
Praying for more rain & armageddon then start again in Christchurch, an old school village cricket ground.

Root should not bat at 3

Well done getting to Waiheke despite weather - fine today so should get some cricket at last.
Everyone agrees on Eden Park - fine for short form where 6’s keep crowd on their toes but not for tests. The #2 ground could’ve been developed into nice oval with 8-10k crowd for tests but not enough $$ in it.
Christchurch is beautiful cricket ground but weather there has been pretty damn cold - April too late in season for these tests.

& what about cheating Aussies - shocker after all their whining & trying to take moral high ground. Clearly SA has them a bit scared
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 21:59 - Mar 24 with 6687 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:28 - Mar 24 by Roller

I see that the Aussies have been caught ball tampering. How can Smith possibly stay on as captain after admitting that the team's "leadership group" had spoken about it and "thought it was a way to get an advantage"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43526870

Because they’re aussies and the result is more important to them than how the game is played.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 05:07 - Mar 25 with 6611 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:49 - Mar 23 by Rangersw12

You will easily have enough time to knock us over again mate so don't worry about that

I would even declare now if the rain is that bad

NZ currently lead by 337. FFS, declare NOW and bowl 'em out!

The Aussie ball-tampering is hilarious. Steve Smith has nowhere to go except resign as captain.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 05:46 - Mar 25 with 6608 viewsisawqpratwcity

England 14 for 1. Cook out for 2. Trail by 355.

(NZ 427-8 dec)
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 5:49]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 06:18 - Mar 25 with 6594 viewsHooparoo

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 21:59 - Mar 24 by stowmarketrange

Because they’re aussies and the result is more important to them than how the game is played.

Sorry, but you couldn’t be more wrong.

That’s not how the game is played in Australia. Most of us are ashamed of what has happened and Smith is getting slammed in the Oz media and rightly so. We are a nation that believes in fairness and most of us are disgusted that these selfish tossers have singlehandedly brought us all into disrepute. Smith should stay in South Africa because he will get strung up by his balls as soon as he gets off the plane here.

No one is defending any of them and they will cop it for the rest of their lives for what they’ve done to our reputation in international sport.

I have never before been ashamed to be an Aussie but I am today thanks to Smith and his cronies.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 07:53 - Mar 25 with 6544 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 06:18 - Mar 25 by Hooparoo

Sorry, but you couldn’t be more wrong.

That’s not how the game is played in Australia. Most of us are ashamed of what has happened and Smith is getting slammed in the Oz media and rightly so. We are a nation that believes in fairness and most of us are disgusted that these selfish tossers have singlehandedly brought us all into disrepute. Smith should stay in South Africa because he will get strung up by his balls as soon as he gets off the plane here.

No one is defending any of them and they will cop it for the rest of their lives for what they’ve done to our reputation in international sport.

I have never before been ashamed to be an Aussie but I am today thanks to Smith and his cronies.

I was talking about the players and not necessarily the cricket fans in Australia.
There were a couple of debatable decisions during the Ashes series that proved that sportsmanship means nothing to this current Aussie team.
The kwhaja catch(?) and the leaf blowers in Perth are the 2 that immediately spring to mind.

As for Lehman moaning about the crowds behaviour.Has he ever stood listening to drunk Aussie fans in the home tests at the mcg?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024