Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where to sit: Leyton Orient 09:31 - Mar 23 with 6488 views1MoreBrightonR

as there is no football on Saturday, going to head to an Orient game as they are local to me. Anyone know where is best to sit atmosphere wise?
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 16:51 - Mar 23 with 6398 viewssmegma

At £5 a ticket I wouldn't care where I sat
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 16:58 - Mar 23 with 6388 viewseastside_r

Always used to be the South Stand but I haven't been for donkeys (barring the pre-season a few years back but was obviously in the Away Section.)

Another club destroyed by incompetent owners.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 6313 viewsWatford_Ranger

Going to watch Borehamwood away at Aldershot. Both sides chasing promotion. If Bwood do it they’d probably be the smallest club ever to enter the FL.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 20:06 - Mar 23 with 6301 viewsE17hoop

We've been a few times in the last couple of years and there isn't any real atmosphere anywhere. My son was there a few weeks ago and said it was pretty dire. The West Stand is the biggest and best view - the East is the old stand and has the best 'feel'.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 6258 viewskropotkin41

How do the National League Play offs work now?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 21:22 - Mar 23 with 6231 viewsNorthernr

Lovely little ground that, really enjoyed our friendly there last year (year before?). Last time I was there before that it was nearly derelict and we were on a terrace behind the goal for a pre-season friendly, think Dichio scored and we won 1-0, Peter Caldwell our perennial reserve was in goal for them, Clive Allen was on the terrace with us watching Bradley.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 22:49 - Mar 23 with 6162 viewsoldmisery

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 21:22 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Lovely little ground that, really enjoyed our friendly there last year (year before?). Last time I was there before that it was nearly derelict and we were on a terrace behind the goal for a pre-season friendly, think Dichio scored and we won 1-0, Peter Caldwell our perennial reserve was in goal for them, Clive Allen was on the terrace with us watching Bradley.

I remember that pre-season game. Ray Wilkins (who was also playing) spent much of the match slagging off all and sundry but particularly DJ Danny. Perhaps that was his usual M.O but given the venue/size of the crowd, everything the players said to each other was easily overheard by the paltry number of spectators in the stadium.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 23:06 - Mar 23 with 6151 viewsBoston

Quite like both the Orient and Brisbane Rd. Havn’t been there since the ice shield retreated but I had a couple of good mates from that neck of the woods so popped over for the occasional evening fixture. Was in attendance for the Rangers as well and it’s probably the only London stadium where we virtually took over the ground. That aggro incident a few years ago disappointed me as, barring a half hearted scuffle on the South Africa Rd,I never recall any real trouble between the fans, though a person known to many of you told me years ago that a Noddy Holder lookalike on Leyton High Rd had sliced his hand when trying out kitchenware he’d probably got as a Christmas present.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 23:09]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 23:40 - Mar 23 with 6126 viewsozranger

Went there earlier this season, when they weren't playing too well. Still quite a decent crowd. The away fans sit in the northern end of the Western side. I sat up high on the opposite side and my memory was that there was no specific area where the "hard core" fans were, although there were some singing the "not so" praises of the manager from behind us. So, my recommendation would be the Eastern side for any atmosphere. Oh, and the bar is below.

On my way back from a short trip to Oz. Looking forward to Norwich on Monday week.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 23:45 - Mar 23 with 6121 viewsBoston

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 23:40 - Mar 23 by ozranger

Went there earlier this season, when they weren't playing too well. Still quite a decent crowd. The away fans sit in the northern end of the Western side. I sat up high on the opposite side and my memory was that there was no specific area where the "hard core" fans were, although there were some singing the "not so" praises of the manager from behind us. So, my recommendation would be the Eastern side for any atmosphere. Oh, and the bar is below.

On my way back from a short trip to Oz. Looking forward to Norwich on Monday week.

Is it a yellow jersey thing?

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 00:09 - Mar 24 with 6109 viewsDannyPaddox

Always liked Orient. Only seen us play there once. Early 80s. For some reason the KO was stupid 'o' clock on a Sunday. I was nursing a teenage hangover and remember quite vividly looking over the back of the stand along a garden to a kitchen extension at the back of someone's house. I watched them prepare a fried breakfast. I could almost hear the eggs sizzling and bubbling in the pan. They looked really happy and content making that late breakfast chatting to someone out of view. I could've really done with a fried-egg sandwich with a spot of brown sauce at that moment. I had no interest in the football whatsoever. Which was a shame cos I believe Ian Gillard scored. Possibly his last goal for the club and what a trooper he was.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 00:21 - Mar 24 with 6101 viewsTacticalR

Last year Orient was bought from Becchetti by former Microsoft executive Kent Teague and Dunkin' Donuts executive Nigel Travis, so we'll see what happens.

Texas millionaire pours his fortune into lowly Leyton Orient
https://www.ft.com/content/adc57bb2-1d5c-11e8-956a-43db76e69936

Air hostess clique

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 00:45 - Mar 24 with 6094 viewsBoston

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 00:09 - Mar 24 by DannyPaddox

Always liked Orient. Only seen us play there once. Early 80s. For some reason the KO was stupid 'o' clock on a Sunday. I was nursing a teenage hangover and remember quite vividly looking over the back of the stand along a garden to a kitchen extension at the back of someone's house. I watched them prepare a fried breakfast. I could almost hear the eggs sizzling and bubbling in the pan. They looked really happy and content making that late breakfast chatting to someone out of view. I could've really done with a fried-egg sandwich with a spot of brown sauce at that moment. I had no interest in the football whatsoever. Which was a shame cos I believe Ian Gillard scored. Possibly his last goal for the club and what a trooper he was.

All match reports are better with a fried egg.

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 02:41 - Mar 24 with 6069 viewsSharpy36

"as there is no football on Saturday"

GRRRRRRR

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

where to sit: Leyton Orient on 05:07 - Mar 24 with 6042 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never met anyone, ever , who dislikes LO.
where to sit: Leyton Orient on 12:23 - Mar 24 with 5921 viewsDiscodroids

Used to go to Orient a lot in the late 70's as a kid when jimmy bloomfield was manager. I'm sure i saw us get beat 4-0, and i also saw a 7-3 orient home defeat to chelsea with a bloke called lee frost getting a hatrick for the scum.

Was there for our 3-2 ?defeat in the league cup and a friendly when ray wilkins lambasted Sieb Dykstra like a booming old testament god for his piss poor goal kicks.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024