Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the Year (so far) 12:59 - Mar 28 with 2610 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Player of the Year (so far)

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:00 - Mar 28 with 2035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Vote, and post a Top 3.

I'll add up all the votes afterwards (3 points for a first place, two for 2nd, 1 for 3rd).

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:00 - Mar 28 with 2034 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1) Smithies
2) Scowen
3) Onouha

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:03 - Mar 28 with 2026 viewsEsox_Lucius

1. Idrissa Sylla for keeping a smile on his face despite having to watch Washington & Smith get the nod over him.
2. Nedum Onuoha for (mostly) silencing his detractors.
3. Eberichi Eze for making me really look forward to getting to QPR games.

The grass is always greener.

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:24 - Mar 28 with 1972 viewsPunteR

1. Scowen
2. Freeman
3. Smithies

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:27 - Mar 28 with 1961 viewstimcocking

Very interesting this year.

Clearly, it should be comfortably Luke Freeman if you're simply judging on who has contributed most to the team.

For unexpected excellence and value from nowhere, Scowen has been superb in his admittedly limited role.

Ned, Mass and Smithies all deserve to be on the list. Decent seasons and excellent characters.

Pavel, no. Ollie's fcuked him right up this year.

Personally, i'd have likely voted for Jack Robinson because under the most pressure of all i think he's been magnificent at times and played with a superb swagger and been a real leader for us. Getting injured right when he did, though, might tip the balance. It depends if he returns this season or not. Oh, so far is it? Right, fcuk it, i'm voting JR even though it should be Luke Freeman. It's his (Freeman) negativity i don't care for.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 13:29]
Player of the Year (so far) on 13:29 - Mar 28 with 1955 viewsRBlock

1.Scowen
2.Freeman
3.Luongo
Player of the Year (so far) on 13:36 - Mar 28 with 1946 viewsNorthernr

I'm amazed people are saying anybody other than Freeman. His numbers are astonishing considering the quality of striker he has on the end of his stuff. We'd have been in big trouble without him. Did all the stats for the End of Term report over the weekend up to date and couldn't believe just how good he'd been.

Nice to have choices - Scowen and Robinson the other two for me - but Freeman has been brilliant.
Player of the Year (so far) on 13:40 - Mar 28 with 1939 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:36 - Mar 28 by Northernr

I'm amazed people are saying anybody other than Freeman. His numbers are astonishing considering the quality of striker he has on the end of his stuff. We'd have been in big trouble without him. Did all the stats for the End of Term report over the weekend up to date and couldn't believe just how good he'd been.

Nice to have choices - Scowen and Robinson the other two for me - but Freeman has been brilliant.

I've really enjoyed watching Freeman as well this year. Love him, being frank about it, and slightly worried by how much.

I just think that Smithies is constantly excellent, Ned has kept a constantly shifting defence together and Scowen makes everything else possible.

It's been a tough year to pick a POTY.

Login to get fewer ads

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 1926 viewsdaveB

Player of the Year (so far) on 13:36 - Mar 28 by Northernr

With that many assists and a few goals we'll probably give player of the year to the goalkeeper
Player of the Year (so far) on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 1924 viewscyprusmel

1. Freeman
2. Robinson
3. Scowen
Player of the Year (so far) on 13:46 - Mar 28 with 1915 viewsdaveB

Freeman should win it but will go for

1 - Mass Luongo
2 - Freeman
3 - Scowen
Player of the Year (so far) on 13:54 - Mar 28 with 1892 viewsLblock

Scowen- he’s allowed people to play and is also a great passer of the ball

Freeman- as said, great player since he joined

Matt Smith - am I really picking him as 3rd choice?! Needs so many chances BUT, he’s been pivotal for us in many games

I’d of had Robbo in there but as he’s about to do one on us I couldn’t

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Player of the Year (so far) on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 1880 viewsRANGERS4EVER

1)Freeman
2)Scowen
3)Robinson

Freeman deserves it purely for keeping us in this League. Scowen has done excellent by coming in and sorting out CDM problem which we just haven't seemed to have since Derry. Robinson has really grown into a good player, but will probably leave us this season

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Player of the Year (so far) on 14:24 - Mar 28 with 1850 viewsTheChef

1) Robinson - like having a new player and he's been a revelation at centre back
2) Scowen - a great signing and has been just what we needed to do the dirty work in midfield to let the likes of Freeman shine
3) Onuoha - always quietly gets on with the job with his strength and pace, a great example to the rest of the squad and the stats show we're much more likely to win games when he is in the team.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Player of the Year (so far) on 14:25 - Mar 28 with 1848 viewsBoston

1. Freeman.....by a country mile.
2. Luongo.....because I like him more than...
3. Scowen.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Player of the Year (so far) on 14:35 - Mar 28 with 1820 viewssimmo

1) Scowen
2) Freeman
3) Smithies

Appreciate the Freeman stats and although the assists are massively supplemented by his quality set piece delivery, that shouldn't detract from what a brilliant season he's had.

That being said, I think Scowen has been consistently better and gives us something nobody else can or has for a long time. Not that Freeman doesn't also, but it's not as easy to quantify Scowens contibution unless you watch him over the course of a game/season and see him fulfull his responsibility outside of just the highlights.

If crucial interceptions, key tackles, tracking of runners and snuffing out counter attacks were measured in the same way as assists and goals, Scowen would have just as strong stats as Freeman.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Player of the Year (so far) on 14:50 - Mar 28 with 1801 viewsDorse

1. Scowen - top ratting / moustache
2. Freeman
3. Onouha

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Player of the Year (so far) on 15:29 - Mar 28 with 1766 viewsBucksRanger

1. Scowen
2. Wszolek
3. Luongo
Player of the Year (so far) on 16:16 - Mar 28 with 1725 viewsmarky67

scowen- really missed this type of player since shaun derry left
freeman- great assists throughout the season chipping in with goals as well
robinson-been fantastic playing at centre back during an injury crises in defence,
Player of the Year (so far) on 16:24 - Mar 28 with 1711 viewsaston_hoop

1. Freeman
2. Scowen, Smithies, Robinson etc..

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Player of the Year (so far) on 16:40 - Mar 28 with 1667 viewscolinallcars

Robinson
Freeman
Smithies
Player of the Year (so far) on 16:41 - Mar 28 with 1666 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

1. Freeman
2. Robinson
3. Scowen

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Player of the Year (so far) on 16:48 - Mar 28 with 1653 viewsKensal_Ranger

1) Freeman
2) Luongo
3) Scowen
Ollie needs to think about rotating those three within a larger unit of 4 or even 5; they got a bit stale being used again & again all season.
Player of the Year (so far) on 17:11 - Mar 28 with 1635 viewsngbqpr

Let's just all just spend a few moments basking in the fact that for the first time in years, there are 5 or 6 genuine contenders

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Player of the Year (so far) on 17:15 - Mar 28 with 1624 viewsessextaxiboy

Smithies for me , when we had almost no defenders for months he kept us in games week after week and we kept the points ticking along .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024