Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Screen Issues 09:44 - Mar 29 with 2944 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When I open threads these last few days the screen has pushed away out to the right and the text over there is very hard to read.

This has happened before but I can't remember if there is a fix or if Clive's techy overlords fix it.

Anyone remember?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

LFW Screen Issues on 10:17 - Mar 29 with 2272 viewsNorthernr

That'll be an ad problem I would think, I'll flag it.
LFW Screen Issues on 10:26 - Mar 29 with 2254 viewsPunteR

On that note,whats the latest on the site refurb making it more phone friendly. I went on WATRB site the other week and a few of their posters where complaining about the blue bar that hides a lot of the screen. It has been putting people off this site which is a shame.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

LFW Screen Issues on 10:31 - Mar 29 with 2245 viewsNorthernr

Not sure which blue bar you're referring to but would like to sort it out if it's putting people off. Site is meant to be redesigned during close season.
LFW Screen Issues on 10:39 - Mar 29 with 2229 viewsPunteR

LFW Screen Issues on 10:31 - Mar 29 by Northernr

Not sure which blue bar you're referring to but would like to sort it out if it's putting people off. Site is meant to be redesigned during close season.

It only happens on a few threads not all. Possibly to do with the ads(which are essential). There is a thread about it on here but not sure of the thread title. It was a few months ago.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

LFW Screen Issues on 10:50 - Mar 29 with 2210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

LFW Screen Issues on 10:17 - Mar 29 by Northernr

That'll be an ad problem I would think, I'll flag it.

Thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

LFW Screen Issues on 10:51 - Mar 29 with 2206 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I saw that thread on WATRBs and I know what those posters mean as I experience the same.

When I go on this site on my phone quite often (but not now typically as I am trying to describe it!) the right hand side of the screen (about 25% of it) is dark blue and hard to see that portion of the posts.

I could presumably take a screen shot of my phone and PM you if it helps Clive?
LFW Screen Issues on 11:09 - Mar 29 with 2180 viewsNorthernr

LFW Screen Issues on 10:51 - Mar 29 by CroydonCaptJack

I saw that thread on WATRBs and I know what those posters mean as I experience the same.

When I go on this site on my phone quite often (but not now typically as I am trying to describe it!) the right hand side of the screen (about 25% of it) is dark blue and hard to see that portion of the posts.

I could presumably take a screen shot of my phone and PM you if it helps Clive?

That would help a lot actually!
LFW Screen Issues on 11:13 - Mar 29 with 2166 viewsCroydonCaptJack

LFW Screen Issues on 11:09 - Mar 29 by Northernr

That would help a lot actually!

Ok, next time it happens I will do that.
Login to get fewer ads

LFW Screen Issues on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 2143 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Just to say that there are user settings which may help.

Go to the forum home page and click on the 'Settings' icon towards the top of the screen.

You'll be able to make minor tweaks there about screen width - I've used it to make the display better/wider on my iMac.
LFW Screen Issues on 11:27 - Mar 29 with 2128 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I get the blue bar quite a lot. It makes those threads basically unreadable. I'm not expert on this kind of thing but I don't think it's about ads (It could be to do with links being posted to videos?). I've never really spotted a common factor tbh.

It seems to be a problem with margins. The text seems to be exceeding the margin for some reason. I think the text also often gets very small on the problem threads.

*Edit - it only happens on my phone.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 11:28]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

LFW Screen Issues on 13:54 - Mar 29 with 2028 viewsMatch82

LFW Screen Issues on 11:27 - Mar 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

I get the blue bar quite a lot. It makes those threads basically unreadable. I'm not expert on this kind of thing but I don't think it's about ads (It could be to do with links being posted to videos?). I've never really spotted a common factor tbh.

It seems to be a problem with margins. The text seems to be exceeding the margin for some reason. I think the text also often gets very small on the problem threads.

*Edit - it only happens on my phone.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 11:28]

For my phone, if I switch to landscape instead of portrait and then refresh, that sorts it out. Annoying that you have to do that but at least it's a solve (for me anyway!)
LFW Screen Issues on 13:56 - Mar 29 with 2016 viewsDevonWhite

It's an occasional problem for me too but only on Chrome on Android. Firefox on Android is fine and it's always fine on desktop.
LFW Screen Issues on 14:23 - Mar 29 with 1983 viewsMoonshineSteve

I get that too on my phone.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

LFW Screen Issues on 14:37 - Mar 29 with 1967 viewssupahoopsa

Pretty certain the text overflows into the blue bar on the right hand side IF someone posts a very long link or a long word without any character breaks such as

Let's see if that pushes the text over the blue bar. If it does I will edit the post and remove the long word :-)

Edit: Yep as I thought, a very long word without any spaces in it causes the text to overflow from the white background into the blue bar on the right hand side. I think this needs a change to the CSS style sheet they use, something like "white-space: pre-wrap"
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 14:49]

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

LFW Screen Issues on 14:39 - Mar 29 with 1965 viewsizlingtonhoop

On Android it happens.

I've said it before on here; turn phone landscape pull down refresh. Problem solved.

Obviously, it'd be better if it didn't happen...
LFW Screen Issues on 14:43 - Mar 29 with 1952 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

LFW Screen Issues on 13:54 - Mar 29 by Match82

For my phone, if I switch to landscape instead of portrait and then refresh, that sorts it out. Annoying that you have to do that but at least it's a solve (for me anyway!)

Solves it for me too. Thanks!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

LFW Screen Issues on 14:45 - Mar 29 with 1944 viewsizlingtonhoop

LFW Screen Issues on 13:54 - Mar 29 by Match82

Oops.

Missed that, sorry.
LFW Screen Issues on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 1905 viewsBoston

This site works perfectly, there is never an issue when accessing by phone, lap top or desk top. I think it’s time some of the posters admitted they are silly old people and should sit back and relax in their retirement homes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

LFW Screen Issues on 16:44 - Mar 29 with 1836 viewskingsburyR

LFW Screen Issues on 10:26 - Mar 29 by PunteR

On that note,whats the latest on the site refurb making it more phone friendly. I went on WATRB site the other week and a few of their posters where complaining about the blue bar that hides a lot of the screen. It has been putting people off this site which is a shame.

It's been happening for ages on my phone.

Samsung Galaxy 8 if interested.

Text doesn't break to next line and falls into blue area to the right. Makes reading that thread impossible.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

LFW Screen Issues on 18:24 - Mar 29 with 1765 viewsFDC

This was raised with Support yonks ago, in fact I emailed him screenshots back then. I think I chased it up about 6 months ago and he said it would be resolved with a pending site update. Maybe this hasn't happened yet.
LFW Screen Issues on 18:25 - Mar 29 with 1763 viewsFDC

LFW Screen Issues on 14:39 - Mar 29 by izlingtonhoop

On Android it happens.

I've said it before on here; turn phone landscape pull down refresh. Problem solved.

Obviously, it'd be better if it didn't happen...

That's handy ta. My work around has been to 'select all' and the highlighting makes the text more readable...
LFW Screen Issues on 19:10 - Mar 29 with 1742 viewsGloryHunter

LFW Screen Issues on 11:20 - Mar 29 by Ashdown_Ranger

Just to say that there are user settings which may help.

Go to the forum home page and click on the 'Settings' icon towards the top of the screen.

You'll be able to make minor tweaks there about screen width - I've used it to make the display better/wider on my iMac.

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Apparently I'm viewing in Table Mode (as opposed to Simple Mode or Thread Mode). Is that good?
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:14 - Mar 29 with 1740 viewsozranger

The problem is purely to do with long links and using a phone as stated above. Nothing else. If that can be fixed it would be great.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 19:18]
LFW Screen Issues on 19:19 - Mar 29 with 1730 viewsGloryHunter

LFW Screen Issues on 15:09 - Mar 29 by Boston

This site works perfectly, there is never an issue when accessing by phone, lap top or desk top. I think it’s time some of the posters admitted they are silly old people and should sit back and relax in their retirement homes.

I'm a silly old retired person. Can one of you clever young men explain to me how to refresh on my android phone - I've always wondered.
LFW Screen Issues on 20:08 - Mar 29 with 1690 viewsBoston

LFW Screen Issues on 19:19 - Mar 29 by GloryHunter

I'm a silly old retired person. Can one of you clever young men explain to me how to refresh on my android phone - I've always wondered.

Android advice! Do I look like Dr Who?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024