Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR 16:25 - Apr 3 with 62934 viewsbosh67

http://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/default.asp?section=info&page=qpr1804.htm
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 16:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:08 - Apr 4 with 4980 viewsphilc

Having read the planning application and looked at the pictures (thanks Ashdown) the people objecting to the development must have another agenda. The buildings are only a small percentage of the site, and the rest are football and sports pitches the majority of which are for community use.

I wonder how many of the objectors had read the application and how many believed the lies they are told from the likes of the Green party.

No wonder the Courts threw all of their objections out.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:29 - Apr 4 with 4932 viewsJuzzie

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:08 - Apr 4 by philc

Having read the planning application and looked at the pictures (thanks Ashdown) the people objecting to the development must have another agenda. The buildings are only a small percentage of the site, and the rest are football and sports pitches the majority of which are for community use.

I wonder how many of the objectors had read the application and how many believed the lies they are told from the likes of the Green party.

They do have another agenda, they're Brentford fans apparently.

I think they'd have much bigger issues the minute there's a Tesco built there plus housing etc and all the anti-social behaviour, car park races etc. Then they'd wish a training ground was there instead.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:01 - Apr 4 with 4864 viewsBoston

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:29 - Apr 4 by Juzzie

I think they'd have much bigger issues the minute there's a Tesco built there plus housing etc and all the anti-social behaviour, car park races etc. Then they'd wish a training ground was there instead.

One prominent objector is a Brentford S/T holder.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:08 - Apr 4 with 4862 viewsJAPRANGERS

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 22:54 - Apr 3 by ted_hendrix

Not good news I'm afraid, apparently a family of Peruvian Giant monkey frogs have moved in and are currently living under a log and are refusing to move.

love your posts Ted!
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 09:56 - Apr 8 with 4669 viewsTGRRRSSS

How many days to go???
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:08 - Apr 8 with 4560 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 09:56 - Apr 8 by TGRRRSSS

How many days to go???

10 more sleeps

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:14 - Apr 8 with 4552 viewsjohncharles

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:08 - Apr 4 by philc

Don't think it's fair to blame the Greens but you're dead right that there is another agenda here. Maybe the protesters wanted a retail park. Maybe they are financed by Tesco or whatever. They were certainly backed by some big bucks. I lived around there for 30 years and walked my varous dogs there and in Elthorne Park and up and down the canal. Met many other walking there but I don't recognise any of the protesters. A very dodgy lot.

Strong and stable my arse.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:25 - Apr 8 with 4534 viewsDavieQPR

Most of the Green Party will move on to another protest somewhere else and forget
about this No more publicity available.
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 14:51 - Apr 8 with 4366 viewsBoston

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:25 - Apr 8 by DavieQPR

Most of the Green Party will move on to another protest somewhere else and forget
about this No more publicity available.

I used to have a problem with the greens, but as one ages and health becomes an issue I became more positive, nowadays I can't eat enough of them.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:29 - Apr 8 with 4293 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 14:51 - Apr 8 by Boston

I used to have a problem with the greens, but as one ages and health becomes an issue I became more positive, nowadays I can't eat enough of them.

...and that's why you can't get anyone to sit next to you at Loftus Road...

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 4221 viewsLblock

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:14 - Apr 8 by johncharles

Don't think it's fair to blame the Greens but you're dead right that there is another agenda here. Maybe the protesters wanted a retail park. Maybe they are financed by Tesco or whatever. They were certainly backed by some big bucks. I lived around there for 30 years and walked my varous dogs there and in Elthorne Park and up and down the canal. Met many other walking there but I don't recognise any of the protesters. A very dodgy lot.

Whisper I heard this week was that they may be getting some funding from The sultan of Brunei

Expect them to take the next step

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:40 - Apr 8 with 4201 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:27 - Apr 8 by Lblock

Whisper I heard this week was that they may be getting some funding from The sultan of Brunei

Expect them to take the next step

I heard the Sultan of Brunei is a Brentford fan.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:48 - Apr 8 with 4187 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:29 - Apr 4 by Juzzie

Yeh every now and again after a few too many glasses of red the 'C'mon Brentford' stuff makes it onto their Twitter feed.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 19:24 - Apr 8 with 4012 viewsBoston

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:40 - Apr 8 by PunteR

I heard the Sultan of Brunei is a Brentford fan.

Odd name is Isambard Kingdom Brunei.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 14:43 - Apr 9 with 3750 viewsloftboy

Having refereed there hundreds of times in the 90’s I dread to thing the state of the place now, it was falling apart then, I really can’t believe that there are objections to bringing the place up to date.
Anyone know how long it’s going to take to build once the first spade goes in?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 14:53 - Apr 9 with 3723 viewsWrightUp5hit___

9 days and counting.........tick tock
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:16 - Apr 9 with 3663 viewsW7Ranger

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:18 - Apr 3 by Ashdown_Ranger

Around 2 weeks to go - In the meantime, I checked out just how much space the new development will be taking...

I nabbed the plans of the council website and Photoshopped the plans into Google maps. Open image in new tab or window for a larger version.

Plenty of free green space left around the training ground, and a fabulous resource for the community.

Although the nimby element are moaning the council 'gave it away', the club is paying for the development, including staffing and maintenance. Wonder how pleased the nimbies would be to get that piled onto their council tax bills in perpetuity...?

If anyone's interested, the planning documents can be seen here:

https://pam.ealing.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=do

The site plan is the very bottom document - 22 May 2015 Drawings/Site plan 13_4558-POP-EW-SE-MP-A-XX-1202.pdf

[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 18:19]

I can see my home in that pic!

I live literally an inch away from this development!!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 15:17]
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:15 - Apr 9 with 3561 viewsblacky200

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:16 - Apr 9 by W7Ranger

Bloody hope you haven't been protesting
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:50 - Apr 9 with 3496 viewsW7Ranger

Me??? Noooooooooooooooooooo...!!!

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:21 - Apr 9 with 3391 viewsBoston

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 15:16 - Apr 9 by W7Ranger

A close scrutiny of the photo reveals no swimming pool or pony stable, my conclusion therefore is W7 may not be telling the truth.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 3340 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:21 - Apr 9 by Boston

A close scrutiny of the photo reveals no swimming pool or pony stable, my conclusion therefore is W7 may not be telling the truth.

I use the' pro' grade of Google maps and have zoomed in a bit closer.

I've spotted W7...

Right-click 'open in new tab' for a bigger version.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:52 - Apr 10 with 3035 viewsBostonR

Rumours abound that the Hanwell brigade maybe having a final go on a point of law on environmental and sustainability impact.
Not sure this will fly unless someone has made a fatal error on a point of law, which I cannot see. I do work in real-estate investment and have seen this as a final delaying tactic, but it normally comes to nothing - unless the law applied is flawed or wrong. Over to any property lawyers on this board.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 13:06 - Apr 10 with 2949 viewsPinnerPaul

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:52 - Apr 10 by BostonR

Rumours abound that the Hanwell brigade maybe having a final go on a point of law on environmental and sustainability impact.
Not sure this will fly unless someone has made a fatal error on a point of law, which I cannot see. I do work in real-estate investment and have seen this as a final delaying tactic, but it normally comes to nothing - unless the law applied is flawed or wrong. Over to any property lawyers on this board.

but presume they still have to go to (and probably pay for) the supreme court to do that I guess?
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:14 - Apr 10 with 2814 viewsBlue_Castello

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:52 - Apr 10 by BostonR

Interesting that they may want to appeal on environmental issues, we are replacing green space with in the majority more green space in the form of pitches and community facilities.
Fair enough the construction will impact the environment but not massively and the finished product will be an asset to the local community, they really do want a Tescos or a housing estate.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:25 - Apr 10 with 2793 viewskingo

As has been pointed out by others, it must be an error on a point of law. Therefore unless all parties concerned have completely disregarded and not considered the environmental issues, then I would not think that they have grounds. It is not sufficient to say that they disagree with the conclusion, it must be that the point was never considered.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024