Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR 16:25 - Apr 3 with 62944 viewsbosh67

http://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/default.asp?section=info&page=qpr1804.htm
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 16:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:51 - Apr 3 with 12993 viewsJuzzie

Almost there.... let's wait until the 28 days are up.

Then, in the near future I want to see a photo of the diggers in place with TF in an Air Asia red hard-hat with a spade in hand turning the first sod with similarly bedecked Air Asia hostesses either side.

Then I'll believe.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:52 - Apr 3 with 12984 views18StoneOfHoop

At last? Is this really true? No More NIMBY appeals?

https://nickbruzonslastword.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/dsc01132.jpg?w=490

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 16:57 - Apr 3 with 12952 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rehash of this being on here a week or so ago, still have to let the 28 days expire

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:21 - Apr 3 with 12841 viewsrsonist

Can't wait til Tone digs that first shovel in and hits the ruins of an ancient tribal civilisation and future UNESCO world heritage preservation site.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 17:27 - Apr 3 with 12802 viewsWrightUp5hit___

15 days and counting........tick tock
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 17:29]
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:18 - Apr 3 with 12620 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Around 2 weeks to go - In the meantime, I checked out just how much space the new development will be taking...

I nabbed the plans of the council website and Photoshopped the plans into Google maps. Open image in new tab or window for a larger version.

Plenty of free green space left around the training ground, and a fabulous resource for the community.

Although the nimby element are moaning the council 'gave it away', the club is paying for the development, including staffing and maintenance. Wonder how pleased the nimbies would be to get that piled onto their council tax bills in perpetuity...?

If anyone's interested, the planning documents can be seen here:

https://pam.ealing.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=do

The site plan is the very bottom document - 22 May 2015 Drawings/Site plan 13_4558-POP-EW-SE-MP-A-XX-1202.pdf

[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 18:19]
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 12574 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Close-up view of the plot as it is now, and with the training ground plans overlaid. Again, open images in new tab or window for a larger version.

Have to say, it looks great use of a scrubby patch of muddy ground which will benefit the community for decades.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 18:32]
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:47 - Apr 3 with 12520 viewsBoston

Can we have a competition for a new name, Warren Farm sounds like that odd kid who set fire to things behind the bike shed?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:55 - Apr 3 with 12499 viewsRs_Holy

Great news for QPR, fantastic news for the community! I’d love to have a facility like that on my doorstep.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 19:02 - Apr 3 with 12470 viewssmegma

I could cycle there in 15 minutes !!! It took over an hour on the bus to get to the Academy Ground in Heston the other day.

And we won't be renting TWO training facilities.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 20:19 - Apr 3 with 12301 viewsdaveB

comments from the Green Party are bizarre suggesting we are going to build houses on it or link it with a railway line
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 21:41 - Apr 3 with 12143 viewsBoston

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 18:55 - Apr 3 by Rs_Holy

Great news for QPR, fantastic news for the community! I’d love to have a facility like that on my doorstep.

erm, Chelsea's training quarters?

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 22:36 - Apr 3 with 12052 viewsGloryHunter

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 20:19 - Apr 3 by daveB

comments from the Green Party are bizarre suggesting we are going to build houses on it or link it with a railway line

Maybe they're confusing it with the Old Oak Common proposals. Green Party evangelists love a good scare story and are often not good at facts.

And don't forget we haven't heard from the Great Crested Newts yet.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 22:54 - Apr 3 with 12013 viewsted_hendrix

Not good news I'm afraid, apparently a family of Peruvian Giant monkey frogs have moved in and are currently living under a log and are refusing to move.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 02:24 - Apr 4 with 11817 viewsBoston

When do the itinerant travelling families make an appearance?

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:10 - Apr 4 with 11652 viewsLazyFan

Once built it will probably increase the house value of the local nimbies. Who will then turn into our biggest supporters!

Especially as we shall be back in the Prem and all our big earners will buy up local properties so, they can never be late for training and then rent out to the future stars when they move on.

Obvious really.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:13 - Apr 4 with 11643 viewsNorthernr

That comment from the Green party is a really disappointing. Complete fabrication and scaremongering, published and now out there completely unchecked.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 11595 viewskensalriser

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:13 - Apr 4 by Northernr

That comment from the Green party is a really disappointing. Complete fabrication and scaremongering, published and now out there completely unchecked.

Link?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:35 - Apr 4 with 11578 viewsMaggsinho

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:29 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

Link?

It's in the link at the top of the page:

Key bit:

Candidates from the Green Party are disappointed by the news from the courts. Darren Moore, who will be standing to represent the Northfield ward said: "' Over the last 4 years, the Labour Ealing Council have systematically sold off, given away and eroded a significant amount of our green spaces in Ealing. Bits and pieces here, pockets there, and boundary changes on the edges all add up, but losing Warren Farm's 60 acres is a real blow to the community.

"Even worse, it's being given away to a multi-million-pound organisation which will use it for profit or may even have plans to link it up with the railway line and ultimately build homes on it. This means Ealing's dog walkers, runners, wildlife lovers and walkers, our children and the precious nature that lives there will no longer have this space.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:49 - Apr 4 with 11533 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:35 - Apr 4 by Maggsinho

Key bit:

Candidates from the Green Party are disappointed by the news from the courts. Darren Moore, who will be standing to represent the Northfield ward said: "' Over the last 4 years, the Labour Ealing Council have systematically sold off, given away and eroded a significant amount of our green spaces in Ealing. Bits and pieces here, pockets there, and boundary changes on the edges all add up, but losing Warren Farm's 60 acres is a real blow to the community.

"Even worse, it's being given away to a multi-million-pound organisation which will use it for profit or may even have plans to link it up with the railway line and ultimately build homes on it. This means Ealing's dog walkers, runners, wildlife lovers and walkers, our children and the precious nature that lives there will no longer have this space.

Why didnt the Journo ask how this property development would be achieved given that the lease only provides for specific use. Or at least point this out in the piece

I like the Green party and generally a supporter but this chaps comments are a nonsensical disgrace
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:54 - Apr 4 with 11521 views2Thomas2Bowles

Key bit:

The Green party won't win control of Ealing Council so I would not be worried about what Darren Moore has to say, if he had his way we would be living in huts or caves and eating grass, if you can find any without dog shite on it.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 12:30 - Apr 4 with 11449 viewsphilc

He was very clever in his words as he say's "may" lead to future development. Therefore a good way putting out fake news which can also be denied if challenged in the future.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 11433 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 11:54 - Apr 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The Green party won't win control of Ealing Council so I would not be worried about what Darren Moore has to say, if he had his way we would be living in huts or caves and eating grass, if you can find any without dog shite on it.

I'm not worried, but it is annoying because people may read it and oppose the development as a result, and it's bolox.
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 14:56 - Apr 4 with 11292 viewsMatch82

Key bit:

"it's being given away to a multi-million-pound organisation which will use it for profit"

Doesn't know much about football does he?
Warren Farm gets go ahead for QPR on 14:58 - Apr 4 with 11281 viewsWrightUp5hit___

14 days and counting........tick tock
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024