Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Ray – RIP 14:18 - Apr 4 with 21773 viewskingo

Very sad news

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Super Ray – RIP on 16:25 - Apr 4 with 2909 viewskensalriser

Much too young.

Makes me realise I took it for granted back then that my team had players of his quality. Such is the naivete of youth.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Super Ray – RIP on 16:27 - Apr 4 with 2902 viewsStreathamRanger

What a player he was. Found this on Youtube

Scored some absolute belters and was the heartbeat of that great team
RIP Super Ray
Super Ray – RIP on 16:28 - Apr 4 with 2894 viewsPinnerPaul

Very sad
Super Ray – RIP on 16:40 - Apr 4 with 2829 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

What a terrible shame.

Rest in peace, Ray and thank you and your magic wand of a left foot for the memories.
Super Ray – RIP on 16:42 - Apr 4 with 2814 viewsElHoop

RIP Super Ray Wilkins - as much our player as anyone else's but for once we should be united with the enemy in our grief. My dad always said that he played his best football for us. I took him along to see us play his beloved Liverpool one day and Super Ray blasted one in and he couldn't believe it was him.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 17:00]
Super Ray – RIP on 16:52 - Apr 4 with 2776 viewsMyke

The word 'legend' is completely overused nowadays and consequently has lost it's value. But in the traditional, old-fashioned sense of the word Ray Wilkins was a true legend. I was raised on the 70's team and all the passion an excitement of that. By the time the nineties came along, life had certainly got in the way of my full-time commitment to QPR. Consequently,it was only years later that I really appreciated just how good that team that contained Ray, was. Rest in Peace
Super Ray – RIP on 16:55 - Apr 4 with 2760 viewsted_hendrix

Dreadfully sad news, I thought somehow he'd get through this and he'd be back in a few Months talking on the radio about football in his own special way, he was passionate about the game and worked hard at it but most of he could play the game on the pitch.
I last saw him in a packed Crown & Sceptre sat a table with a glass of red wine willing to talk to anyone about the game he loved, I can't remember what I asked him but he did call me 'young Man' in response, I can still see him now sat there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RIP Ray you'll be sorely missed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Super Ray – RIP on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 2734 viewsjohncharles

Time on the ball. How did he do it ? With the ball at his feet it was like time stood still. Sheer class.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Super Ray – RIP on 17:15 - Apr 4 with 2706 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Super Ray – RIP on 16:27 - Apr 4 by StreathamRanger

RIP Super Ray

I've thought this before but saw it again in this video. Similarities between Wilkins and Manning. Obviously Manning nowhere near the levels Wilkins achieved with us yet but definite similarities.

One of my favourite ever QPR players. RIP Super Ray!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 17:16]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Super Ray – RIP on 17:25 - Apr 4 with 2677 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Being born in 84, he, Sir Les and Macca were my heroes growing up. I used to play in midfield as a kid and used to try and play like Ray (failing obviously, but copied his mannerisms at least!) My few interactions with him proved him to be a pure gentleman.

I so badly wish I knew then what I know now so I could have appreciated that team and players like Ray more than I did at the time.

Thanks for inspiring my younger self, Ray. And for making this club so easy to fall hopelessly in love with. May you rest in peace.
Super Ray – RIP on 17:26 - Apr 4 with 2673 viewsPunteR

RIP Super Ray. Sad news. Wonderful player and seemed to be a lovely genuine bloke as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Super Ray – RIP on 17:27 - Apr 4 with 2670 viewskomradkirk

Sad news,he did well here.Gentleman
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 17:27]
Super Ray – RIP on 17:33 - Apr 4 with 2628 viewskingo

Ray was just a model footballer. He played at the very highest level but never lost his love of the game. I feel privileged to have watched him in the Hoops and was lucky enough to go to the game at Palace, where him and Reidy were simply awesome. Plus his lovely clipped shots into the net, that always seemed so measured . Thanks for the memories Super Ray.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 17:57]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Super Ray – RIP on 18:10 - Apr 4 with 2535 viewsA40Bosh

RIP Ray - A legend of a player and a real gent.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Super Ray – RIP on 18:10 - Apr 4 with 2535 viewsdistortR

RIP Ray. What a player he was, I always felt we got to see him at his creative peak. And a genuinely good, well mannered bloke.

spoke to him twice - once on the pitch during a protest, where he was understandably pissed off with the game being disrupted (And me having the corner flag), he asked what was going on, i told him my position and he didn't feel the need to wrestle me to the ground or any of that shit.

Second time, out in sweden (And Brian Mc will remember this), end of a pre-season tour where there had been a lack of unity between fans and players, Don Howe asked if one of the players would go out and chat to us, and it was Ray who volunteered and happily came out for a word.

Cheers, Ray
Super Ray – RIP on 18:17 - Apr 4 with 2506 viewsSimonJames

RIP Ray. So sad.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Super Ray – RIP on 18:22 - Apr 4 with 2492 viewsmylot50years

Super Ray – RIP on 18:17 - Apr 4 by SimonJames

RIP Ray. So sad.

Thanks for the memories. RIP Ray.
Super Ray – RIP on 18:34 - Apr 4 with 2459 viewseastside_r

OP has it spot on. Super, Super Ray. A Rolls Royce of a footballer.
Super Ray – RIP on 18:37 - Apr 4 with 2452 viewsHendonHoop

Very sad news. A true gent and a great player.
Super Ray – RIP on 18:44 - Apr 4 with 2435 viewsEsox_Lucius

If memory serves me, it was Ray among the players who joined us on the terraces at the City Ground in 1996 after we lost 3-0 in our final game, and our position in the inaugural Premier League.

The grass is always greener.

Super Ray – RIP on 19:03 - Apr 4 with 2393 viewsLongsufferingR

Super Ray – RIP on 16:27 - Apr 4 by StreathamRanger

RIP Super Ray

I could watch those delicate chipped goals from outside the area for weeks on end.

An unrivalled talent and an unrivalled gentleman.
Super Ray – RIP on 19:49 - Apr 4 with 2317 viewsAgedR

Magnificent footballer.

Kind, modest and generous man.

RIP Butch x

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Super Ray – RIP on 19:50 - Apr 4 with 2314 viewsaston_hoop

One of my first footballing heroes as a kid growing up with that early 90s team. I thought every year would be as good as those years. We haven't had a classier player or classier human being involved at QPR since.

RIP Ray

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Super Ray – RIP on 20:27 - Apr 4 with 2252 viewsbosh67

Lovely piece on Talksport by Ollie

https://talksport.com/football/he-was-very-special-unique-person-ian-holloway-of

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Super Ray – RIP on 20:55 - Apr 4 with 2213 viewsToast_R

RIP Ray Wilkins. Sorry you've gone too soon. You were magnificent, an inspiration and a gentleman who made us all proud. Sweet dreams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024