Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 21:56 - Apr 5 with 8406 viewsheadhoops

another massive sports character leaves us far too early. Loved the old time darts (pre the sky superhype) Bristow vs Jocky Wilson, fags, booze and a different era. RIP.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 6395 viewsdaveB

bloody hell, that is sad news, what a shit week
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:03 - Apr 5 with 6348 viewskingsburyR

Nooooooo.

Another legend gone.

Helped nurture Phil the power Taylor also.

R.I.P. Crafty Cockney

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:11 - Apr 5 with 6305 viewskomradkirk

One of the first darts superstars,loved him when he came on the scene,Bristow and Butch both my age.shocking.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:12 - Apr 5 with 6298 viewsStanisgod

More of a Johnny Lowe man myself but RIP Eric. No age again.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:32 - Apr 5 with 6207 viewseastside_r

My mum a genuine Cockney always bristled (pun intended) against his moniker,but I always loved this guy. RIP Eric.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:34 - Apr 5 with 6192 viewseghamranger

Was a real character in the darts world.

Him, jocky Wilson, John Lowe, Leighton Rees and cliff Lazarenko .

Loved watching the darts in those day and of course bullseye.

RIP
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:43 - Apr 5 with 6152 viewszicoshoops

He would have loved going out on a Treble Twenty .

Rest in Peace Eric.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:46 - Apr 5 with 6142 viewseastside_r

Did not mean disrespect, it is just that Mum did not consider Stoke Newington as a Cockney area. He might have had good hearing though.
Login to get fewer ads

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:57 - Apr 5 with 6094 viewscolinallcars

RIP he was a great character. I've always found it to be stretching credulity to call darts a sport though. Game, more like.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 23:05 - Apr 5 with 6068 viewsBoston

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:11 - Apr 5 by komradkirk

One of the first darts superstars,loved him when he came on the scene,Bristow and Butch both my age.shocking.

Honestly mate, I understand the temptation of a trifecta, but call the Samaritans, it’s just not worth it!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 6069 viewsSimonJames

Being a John Lowe fan, Bristow was the man you loved to hate. But darts wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining without him. Hell of a darts player!
RIP Eric.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 00:07 - Apr 6 with 5980 viewsRebalhoop

Everybody has a doppelgänger Eric was mine, and as such loved to watch him..first Super Ray now The Crafty Cockney..what a week.R I P Eric
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 02:26 - Apr 6 with 5895 viewstimcocking

Damn. Shame.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 05:50 - Apr 6 with 5839 viewsSydneyRs

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 23:08 - Apr 5 by SimonJames

Being a John Lowe fan, Bristow was the man you loved to hate. But darts wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining without him. Hell of a darts player!
RIP Eric.

His rivalry with Lowe was brilliant. His cheeky wind up antics were the perfect opposite to Lowe's stony faced determination. Great entertainment.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 07:25 - Apr 6 with 5760 viewsCamberleyR

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:46 - Apr 5 by eastside_r

Did not mean disrespect, it is just that Mum did not consider Stoke Newington as a Cockney area. He might have had good hearing though.

Born in Hackney wasn't he?

Absolutely no age again. RIP.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 07:31 - Apr 6 with 5747 viewsRangersDave

Met Eric 2 years ago, on a ferry coming back from Dublin,where I believe he was in some darts show.

Anyway, perfect gentleman, another one to keep dad company this year.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 08:19 - Apr 6 with 5684 viewspaulparker

Loved Bristow, I loved his attitude that "im the best" "you cannot beat me"
we have a thing in this country where we love a loser but Bristow was a winner and put himself on the line to back up his attitude
people like Bristow, Faldo, Ovett, Eubank are never given the respect they deserve they are seen as obxnious and aloof when in fact they have self confident and are winners
Bristow was also a brilliant analyst if you were crap he would say it and wasn't a cliché man like 99.9% pundits are, he never treated the watching public like idiots
RIP Eric another one of my childhood hero's gone

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 08:51 - Apr 6 with 5644 views2Thomas2Bowles

Very sad RIP Eric

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 09:20 - Apr 6 with 5613 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What the geezer before me said!

Characters in sport are a dying breed. Overly hyped, micro-controlled and too-image and marketing conscious; you get the impression they'd wet themselves if they ever actually said what they felt.

The Erics, Bothams of later years are the people that get you out of your seats, not the robots we have today trotting out the same ol' pony week in week out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 09:22 - Apr 6 with 5608 viewsLunarJetman

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:32 - Apr 5 by eastside_r

My mum a genuine Cockney always bristled (pun intended) against his moniker,but I always loved this guy. RIP Eric.

When you say your mum always bristled (pun intended) do you mean she had a beard?
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 10:01 - Apr 6 with 5565 viewsMetallica_Hoop

One of my childhood memories. I had an 'Eric Bristow 9 dart challenge' Dartboard that was reversible.

Could never f'kin do it.

RIP Eric

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 10:16 - Apr 6 with 5545 viewsEsox_Lucius

Aaron Ramsey scored last night. Just saying.

The grass is always greener.

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 13:35 - Apr 6 with 5426 viewsheadhoops

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 22:34 - Apr 5 by eghamranger

Was a real character in the darts world.

Him, jocky Wilson, John Lowe, Leighton Rees and cliff Lazarenko .

Loved watching the darts in those day and of course bullseye.

RIP

if you love Bullseye - have you heard Jim Bowen talk about the episode that was never screened?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 19:55 - Apr 6 with 5274 viewseastside_r

Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 09:22 - Apr 6 by LunarJetman

When you say your mum always bristled (pun intended) do you mean she had a beard?

You cheeky scamp, you. You well know what I was saying.

But strangely you're right my mum was quite whiskery towards the end.
Crafty Cockney checks out at just 60 on 23:02 - Apr 6 with 5166 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Massively important in the growth of the sport and a great showman, unfortunately a bigot and horrible racist, not a pleasant human being whatsoever.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024