Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do me a favour 03:08 - Apr 8 with 3263 viewssimmo

And save me time trying to keep up with everyone loving/hating Holloway based on the last result. Just comment 'clueless' or 'building' depending what you all think game to game.

Thanks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Do me a favour on 03:24 - Apr 8 with 2711 viewsBoston

Not that easy mate, clueless builders are all over the place.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do me a favour on 03:36 - Apr 8 with 2700 viewstimcocking

The problem is, you have somebody like myself who always, always backs our managers. But then you've got some really, really poor managerial decisions being made quite regularly. One step forward, one step back. I mean, we can't really say hindsight was helpful yesterday, it was blindingly obvious from before kickoff. Hard not to moan. Ollie needs to stop over-thinking and start helping himself before people start thinking wtf.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 3:37]
Do me a favour on 07:58 - Apr 8 with 2630 viewsjonno

To be fair to Ollie, he has admitted playing Eze up front was a mistake. What concerns me is how any of the management team could have even thought Eze could play that position in the first place. And it's not as if it's the first time we have started with a team selection that clearly doesn't work; it happens with monotonous regularity, necessitating changes being made, sometimes even as early as before half time. We played some very good football yesterday in the first 20 minutes or so, and Hull looked what they are, a pretty poor side and low on confidence. However, and importantly, despite all our nice play we never looked like scoring a goal and as the half went on Hull realised we were actually no danger, which gave them the confidence to push forward more and put us under pressure. Not the first time that has happened this season either. In my view the game was lost by a poor team selection at the start of the game, and which wasn't changed until we were a couple of goals down with the opponents by then playing with far more confidence than when the game started. Starting games with the right team selection is vitally important.
Do me a favour on 09:13 - Apr 8 with 2473 viewsessextaxiboy

Building , league position and points total at the end will show that as fact not opinion.
Do me a favour on 09:23 - Apr 8 with 2442 viewsPunteR

whats your opinion simmo, in one word?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Do me a favour on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 2439 viewsPunteR

Building.

Do me a favour on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 2433 viewsPunteR

Do me a favour on 09:24 - Apr 8 by PunteR

Building.

But i have met some dodgy builders in my time..:)

Do me a favour on 09:26 - Apr 8 with 2428 viewsRoller

Building, but the foundations are in quicksand.
Login to get fewer ads

Do me a favour on 09:29 - Apr 8 with 2413 viewsGroveR

LUV LUV H8 LUV H8 in the last 5
Do me a favour on 09:39 - Apr 8 with 2376 viewsNW10Hoop

When everything clicks, Holloway’s teams play some nice stuff and show the grit that we all missed in the mercenary years. It’s just hard to tell what kind of form we’re in. We never really seem to go on a run, it feels entirely random as to what we’re gonna get each week.

We’ve probably already hit our points target for the season though, and I’d like him to have another season.
Do me a favour on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 2355 viewsted_hendrix

He's as good/bad as our league position at the end of the season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Do me a favour on 09:45 - Apr 8 with 2342 viewsTGRRRSSS

AT this time of year and given the situation we're in it's understandable for all manner of reasons, the problem is this goes through the year, and away we've been abysmal all season but have generally got the results when we really needed them and I think were not beaten by any of the sides below that we knew we had to get results against.
Do me a favour on 10:12 - Apr 8 with 2297 viewsnix

How we cannot be building when we’ve got one of the youngest squads in the Championship, I don’t really know. Once Mackie and Perch leave, we might well have the youngest squad. And they’re players that actually play, rather than warm the bench.

It’s going to be more of an art than a science how you try out younger players in new situations. Yes Ollie got it wrong starting with Eze. But he admitted it and took all the responsibility. The only people I feel for are the travelling fans, but really at this stage of the season, when we’re pretty much guaranteed to stay up, is probably the best time to start trying new things. And I think it’s a shame for away fans, our most die hard supporters as he tends to tinker away from home more than in home matches. If you don’t want to see one of Ollie’s experimental efforts, I really wouldn’t go to an away match atm,

I’d like to see him stay for another season.
Do me a favour on 10:28 - Apr 8 with 2250 viewsEsox_Lucius

Maybe Sol Campbell was one of those who succumbed to sickness and we missed his influence?

The grass is always greener.

Do me a favour on 10:45 - Apr 8 with 2209 viewsMyke

I would agree very much with Tim and can see where nix is coming from. I have several times acknowledged what Holloway has done this season, especially under the constraints in which he has worked. But a lack of money, FFP etc etc doesn't excuse bad decision making in the context of what he has available. Of course when you play lots of youngsters you are going to be inconsistent and as good as we were against Villa and Norwich/Fulham (2nd halves) we were as poor yesterday and that's par for the course. But he and his team work with these people every single day and if he seriously thought that Eze would out-muscle the likes of Dawson, then I think we have the right to question that. Especially since, as being pointed out elsewhere, this is not an isolated incident. It doesn't make me anti-Holloway, it's just outlining my concerns which is what the forum is for surely? We may well have lost the game anyway - like Reading, Hull needed the points more than we do and our away form has been poor all season - but his team selection just made it more difficult and that is what concerns me about the man.
Do me a favour on 10:51 - Apr 8 with 2194 viewsPunteR

We're coming up to our fourth season in the championship. We are seeing green shoots (of recovery). We've got some decent players which obviously shows in our winning results. The defeats however do seem to be down to tinkering with a winning team.
Surely you do the tinkering on the training pitch?
I'm just as guilty with lurching from one opinion to another whether Ollie should have another go next season.
Maybe its because im not quite sure what type of football Ollie wants to play? I'm not sure he does either.

Do me a favour on 11:07 - Apr 8 with 2153 viewsQPR_John

Do me a favour on 10:12 - Apr 8 by nix

How we cannot be building when we’ve got one of the youngest squads in the Championship, I don’t really know. Once Mackie and Perch leave, we might well have the youngest squad. And they’re players that actually play, rather than warm the bench.

It’s going to be more of an art than a science how you try out younger players in new situations. Yes Ollie got it wrong starting with Eze. But he admitted it and took all the responsibility. The only people I feel for are the travelling fans, but really at this stage of the season, when we’re pretty much guaranteed to stay up, is probably the best time to start trying new things. And I think it’s a shame for away fans, our most die hard supporters as he tends to tinker away from home more than in home matches. If you don’t want to see one of Ollie’s experimental efforts, I really wouldn’t go to an away match atm,

I’d like to see him stay for another season.

"Yes Ollie got it wrong starting with Eze. But he admitted it and took all the responsibility. "

Surely that is expected of any manager to accept responsibility for the team, it should not be used as a point in Holloways favour.
Do me a favour on 11:19 - Apr 8 with 2132 viewsnix

Do me a favour on 11:07 - Apr 8 by QPR_John

"Yes Ollie got it wrong starting with Eze. But he admitted it and took all the responsibility. "

Surely that is expected of any manager to accept responsibility for the team, it should not be used as a point in Holloways favour.

Yeah, cos Mourinho always says, yeah I got it wrong. Or Redknapp. Or Hughesless...
Do me a favour on 11:54 - Apr 8 with 2063 viewsQPR_John

Do me a favour on 11:19 - Apr 8 by nix

Yeah, cos Mourinho always says, yeah I got it wrong. Or Redknapp. Or Hughesless...

And your point is
Do me a favour on 12:01 - Apr 8 with 2039 viewsessextaxiboy

Do me a favour on 11:54 - Apr 8 by QPR_John

And your point is

The point is that there are hardly any managers who front up to their errors , unless of course the ones that would don't make any ...
The bloke is human ,he makes mistakes he owns up ...
Do me a favour on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 1970 viewsQPR_John

Do me a favour on 12:01 - Apr 8 by essextaxiboy

The point is that there are hardly any managers who front up to their errors , unless of course the ones that would don't make any ...

Of course all managers make mistakes my point is that admitting to them should not be seen as a positive. Will you accept any number of mistakes as long as they are admitted to and if not where do you draw the line
Do me a favour on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 1970 viewsSnipper

[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 12:26]
Do me a favour on 12:33 - Apr 8 with 1937 viewsessextaxiboy

Do me a favour on 12:25 - Apr 8 by QPR_John

Of course all managers make mistakes my point is that admitting to them should not be seen as a positive. Will you accept any number of mistakes as long as they are admitted to and if not where do you draw the line

Making a mistake , admitting it and doing exactly the same thing again .. there's the line .

He could have said " leading the line alone isn't easy and relies on support , It was a dead rubber for us so I gave Eze the chance so see how important it is for him to get around the striker and who knows ? He could have banged one in " .... bullsh#t.
Give me honesty every time
Do me a favour on 12:46 - Apr 8 with 1909 viewsnix

Do me a favour on 12:01 - Apr 8 by essextaxiboy

Exactly Essex. Said it better than I could.

If owning up to your mistakes is the least you can expect, then I’d say most managers are failing.
Do me a favour on 13:43 - Apr 8 with 1814 viewsessextaxiboy

Do me a favour on 12:46 - Apr 8 by nix

Exactly Essex. Said it better than I could.

If owning up to your mistakes is the least you can expect, then I’d say most managers are failing.

oops , sorry for jumping in before you had a chance to answer ............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024