Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? 14:04 - Apr 14 with 3125 viewsSimonJames

...now that we are inevitably going to finish somewhere between 12th and 15th.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:16 - Apr 14 with 3067 viewsdanehoop

Nope

Never knowingly understood

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:22 - Apr 14 with 3037 viewssuperhoopdownunder

No
I expect we'll concede a few with Ingram between the sticks

In my humble opinion Lumley is much better than Ingram and should be our second choice keeper not Ingram - we should move Ingram on during the summer

We should be playing our best team and finish the season strongly rather than making 5 or 6 changes every game
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 14:24]
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:23 - Apr 14 with 3031 viewsMatch82

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:22 - Apr 14 by superhoopdownunder

No
I expect we'll concede a few with Ingram between the sticks

In my humble opinion Lumley is much better than Ingram and should be our second choice keeper not Ingram - we should move Ingram on during the summer

We should be playing our best team and finish the season strongly rather than making 5 or 6 changes every game
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 14:24]

He's on loan though isn't he?
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:24 - Apr 14 with 3024 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes and doing a great job

I was thinking play strongest team every game
Move on Ingram during summer
Promote Lumley to reserve keeper with a view he'll build up to taking over from Smithies one day
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 14:26]
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:46 - Apr 14 with 2985 viewsMedwayR

Yes.

I don't know how people can say Lumley is better than Ingram or vice versa as we've hardly seen anything of either of them. Playing Ingram for the rest of the season will give us a chance to have a better look at him but at the moment I'd say he's ahead of Lumley purely based on the number of games he has compared to Lumley.

I think we have 3 good goalkeepers and I kind of expect us to receive a decent offer for Smithies in the summer so next season could well be Ingram & Lumley as our 2 GK's, let's get Ingram a few more games at this level ahead of next season just in case.

Poll: Who’s better?

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 15:04 - Apr 14 with 2952 viewseghamranger

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:24 - Apr 14 by superhoopdownunder

Yes and doing a great job

I was thinking play strongest team every game
Move on Ingram during summer
Promote Lumley to reserve keeper with a view he'll build up to taking over from Smithies one day
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 14:26]

I agree . Ingram never fills me with confidence and would maybe fancy a move rather than warm the bench for another season.
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 15:58 - Apr 14 with 2883 viewsSimonJames

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:46 - Apr 14 by MedwayR

Yes.

I don't know how people can say Lumley is better than Ingram or vice versa as we've hardly seen anything of either of them. Playing Ingram for the rest of the season will give us a chance to have a better look at him but at the moment I'd say he's ahead of Lumley purely based on the number of games he has compared to Lumley.

I think we have 3 good goalkeepers and I kind of expect us to receive a decent offer for Smithies in the summer so next season could well be Ingram & Lumley as our 2 GK's, let's get Ingram a few more games at this level ahead of next season just in case.

Yes I think you're right. There probably will be an offer for Smithies in the summer and we will have very little choice but to accept it.

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 17:10 - Apr 14 with 2815 viewsMatch82

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 15:04 - Apr 14 by eghamranger

I agree . Ingram never fills me with confidence and would maybe fancy a move rather than warm the bench for another season.

Don't think he helped himself today to be honest, couple of decent saves but also a couple of real Rob Green moments, especially that fumble towards the end that he just got away with
Login to get fewer ads

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 17:17 - Apr 14 with 2803 viewsSimonJames

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 17:10 - Apr 14 by Match82

Don't think he helped himself today to be honest, couple of decent saves but also a couple of real Rob Green moments, especially that fumble towards the end that he just got away with

That's a pity for him. But it's like any player that only gets a chance once in a blue moon... very difficult to give flawless performance.

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 17:57 - Apr 14 with 2708 viewsBoston

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 17:17 - Apr 14 by SimonJames

That's a pity for him. But it's like any player that only gets a chance once in a blue moon... very difficult to give flawless performance.

Flawless performances are few and far between at Loftus Rd at any time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 18:35 - Apr 14 with 2619 viewsWatford_Ranger

I try and stick up for goalkeepers as a once upon a time ok one myself. He dealt with some crosses very well under heavy pressure.

However his distribution is poor though he played one great ball out to the left wing. That’s just lack of ability rather than rustiness. Awful first touch when he got booked. Also not sure what he was doing for the goal or the one ruled out for offside which would have been a goal had Robinson left it.
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 09:56 - Apr 15 with 2266 viewsMedwayR

We also need to remember that some people were criticising Smithies when he first started getting games for us so let's give Ingram a bit more time before judging him.

Poll: Who’s better?

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 10:08 - Apr 15 with 2246 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Think the comments reflect how good Smithies is rather than detracting from Ingram.

All too evident yesterday that Smithies distribution, both kicking and for playing out from the back is important to us.
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 10:32 - Apr 15 with 2203 viewssmegma

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 14:46 - Apr 14 by MedwayR

Yes.

Good point.

However, having seen Ingram about a dozen times and Lumley about 25 times, Lumley is my preference in goal. Lumley distribution is far superior and his biggest asset in my opinion is his talking. He organises the back four superbly and is a non stop chatterbox during a game. I think he would be like for like replacement for Smithies if/when he leaves.
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 16:28 - Apr 15 with 2026 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good to hear that Lumley is vocal. I can't fathom how a keeper could be quiet as so many of them are.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 16:38 - Apr 15 with 2010 viewsNorthernr

Mrs Smithies is due to drop next Saturday I think, so the inclusion of Ingram yesterday was with that in mind - wouldn't want him coming in at the eleventh hour for Brentford away having not played for several months.

I haven't been that impressed with him when he's played for us so far, but then his appearances have always been one offs here and there, often in a mixed up team, and often after months of inaction. I reckon goalkeeper is the absolute worst position to try and pick up and hit the ground running when you've been on the bench for a while - Smithies didn't look great his first few games either.

Overall with Ingram I think we have to bite the bullet soon. If we're not going to get a bid for Smithies then we need to invite one for him. If you were upper end League One with some cash to spend you'd go for him surely. We don't want to be obstructing Lumley's progress because he looks some keeper to me.
Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 16:48 - Apr 15 with 1994 viewsPunteR

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 16:38 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Mrs Smithies is due to drop next Saturday I think, so the inclusion of Ingram yesterday was with that in mind - wouldn't want him coming in at the eleventh hour for Brentford away having not played for several months.

I haven't been that impressed with him when he's played for us so far, but then his appearances have always been one offs here and there, often in a mixed up team, and often after months of inaction. I reckon goalkeeper is the absolute worst position to try and pick up and hit the ground running when you've been on the bench for a while - Smithies didn't look great his first few games either.

Overall with Ingram I think we have to bite the bullet soon. If we're not going to get a bid for Smithies then we need to invite one for him. If you were upper end League One with some cash to spend you'd go for him surely. We don't want to be obstructing Lumley's progress because he looks some keeper to me.

Smithies was bigging him up on the podcast a couple of months ago as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 18:38 - Apr 15 with 1860 viewsbosh67

Should Ingram start for the remaining 4 games? on 16:38 - Apr 15 by Northernr

The other thing was that Smithies got flattened in the last ten minutes against Weds so I wasn't surprised Ingram played. Difficult to really gage if he's got it but he needs to command his are better. Have seen Lumley play a few times at Blackpool and his style is very similar to Smithies. If we lose Smithies Lumley would be my choice as a potential like for like. But given that Ingram wasn't the reason we lost so...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024