Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just writing a review on the ref 20:56 - Apr 14 with 3373 viewsbosh67

Is his surname pronounced C*NT?

If Clive gives him more the 0 for today's laughable effort at refereeing I may have to hide my rage in a deep hole.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just writing a review on the ref on 21:15 - Apr 14 with 3296 viewsStanisgod

PP will no doubt give him a 9

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just writing a review on the ref on 21:16 - Apr 14 with 3294 viewscolinallcars

A big, barrel-chested man but allowed himself to be cowed and bullied by Preston. A contender for worst of the season. Why do so many refs fail to deal with time wasting and ref harrying ?
Just writing a review on the ref on 01:01 - Apr 15 with 3098 viewsdixiedean

Just writing a review on the ref on 21:16 - Apr 14 by colinallcars

A big, barrel-chested man but allowed himself to be cowed and bullied by Preston. A contender for worst of the season. Why do so many refs fail to deal with time wasting and ref harrying ?

Had the same ref earlier (Sunderland ?) and he was superb , so very surprised at how weak he was today. Don't often think or say this but I almost felt he was on a bung . How their RB wasn't booked for time wasting is one of life's mysteries. And as to the body check on Eze......
Just writing a review on the ref on 01:18 - Apr 15 with 3083 viewstimcocking

That one decision in particular when that bloke attacked Eze miles off the ball with what looked like a left-right-left to the face and we didnt even get a free-kick has had me unbelievably agitated for the whole night. That's as bad a decision as i've ever seen.
Just writing a review on the ref on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 2979 viewskingo

Just writing a review on the ref on 01:18 - Apr 15 by timcocking

That one decision in particular when that bloke attacked Eze miles off the ball with what looked like a left-right-left to the face and we didnt even get a free-kick has had me unbelievably agitated for the whole night. That's as bad a decision as i've ever seen.

It wasn’t just one or even two bad decisions, it was a whole half of not giving really blatant fouls on our players, while giving them any and everything. At the end of the first half I saw them surround him as they went off and then 3 separate players, the worst offenders, went up to him before kick off to have another word. His second half display, including their drinks breaks and time wasting was so one sided, it can only be described as cheating. Incompetent refs tend to make bad decisions for both teams, his were 100% one way and blatant.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Just writing a review on the ref on 09:42 - Apr 15 with 2897 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Worst reffing display of the season by a country mile. I nearly misspelt country to describe him in fact.
Just writing a review on the ref on 09:44 - Apr 15 with 2894 viewsOakR

How did he compare to Gunham Singh from the QPR v Spurs game in the 90s which remains as the worst display I think I have ever seen live?

Poll: Will we stay up?

Just writing a review on the ref on 09:48 - Apr 15 with 2885 viewskingo

Just writing a review on the ref on 09:44 - Apr 15 by OakR

How did he compare to Gunham Singh from the QPR v Spurs game in the 90s which remains as the worst display I think I have ever seen live?

I have had the pleasure of watching both and in my opinion this bloke was worse. The Spurs game was obviously more important but this was just blatant and dangerous for players like Ezy.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

Just writing a review on the ref on 10:51 - Apr 15 with 2807 viewsloftboy

The player subbed at the end should have been booked as he walked off, biggest piss take I’ve ever seen, slowly walking clapping the away end then running slower than he was walking when challenged.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just writing a review on the ref on 16:07 - Apr 17 with 2546 viewsNorthernr

Only just seen this back for the first time. Even worse than it looked at the time!

Just writing a review on the ref on 16:14 - Apr 17 with 2528 viewsbosh67

Just writing a review on the ref on 16:07 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Only just seen this back for the first time. Even worse than it looked at the time!

Good grief. It was so late it was in next year's fixture. He was right there looking at it. Joke of a ref.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just writing a review on the ref on 16:17 - Apr 17 with 2517 viewsNorthernr

At the time I thought it was fairly blatant, but I thought they were at least going in the same direction and he'd just shoved him over cos he knew he was beaten. He's actually heading completely the opposite direction and has deliberately taken him out with a forearm smash. It's a yellow bordering on a red.

You know the referee is bad when I give him 2/10 and Pinner agrees with me!
Just writing a review on the ref on 16:21 - Apr 17 with 2510 viewsDixie_CT

Just writing a review on the ref on 16:14 - Apr 17 by bosh67

Good grief. It was so late it was in next year's fixture. He was right there looking at it. Joke of a ref.

I'd love to hear his explanation as to why he didn't deem that a foul? That would be borderline in Rugby League!

Had a game abandoned this year because a ref didn't get a grip of the game and it escalated out of all proportion. I had a refs secretary blindly support the ref via email and demonise the players. Happy to protect refs as they are vital and receive unfair dogs abuse but it shouldn't be one way and when they are at fault, they are at fault. Bloody admit it and try to improve it.
Just writing a review on the ref on 16:23 - Apr 17 with 2504 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Dirty northern bastards - should have been a red
Just writing a review on the ref on 17:12 - Apr 17 with 2432 viewsbob566

he could get retrospective for that challenge. That's a cowards challenge. By all means step in front of a player and block him and as the commentators would say that its a good yellow to take for the team but that's despicable by the Preston player.
Just writing a review on the ref on 18:09 - Apr 17 with 2384 viewsBakes

Halsey agreed

[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 18:09]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Just writing a review on the ref on 18:33 - Apr 17 with 2355 viewsPinnerPaul

Just writing a review on the ref on 21:15 - Apr 14 by Stanisgod

PP will no doubt give him a 9

Copied from what I posted under Clive's match report

Have to agree about the referee. Actually thought 1st half he was OK, but the consistency of his decision making went to pot 2nd half. 1 caution for dissent, 1 caution for delaying restart would have stopped all that nonsense. The unpunished Eze body check was ridiculous, even the PNE player was expecting a yellow.
Can't agree Ingram was lucky to get a yellow - there are 7 red card offences, he wasn't close to committing any of them!
Time added on - he added 6 which I agreed with and then played 7 to allow for the slow sub - so got THAT right at least!
Just writing a review on the ref on 18:38 - Apr 17 with 2344 viewsPinnerPaul

Just writing a review on the ref on 16:17 - Apr 17 by Northernr

At the time I thought it was fairly blatant, but I thought they were at least going in the same direction and he'd just shoved him over cos he knew he was beaten. He's actually heading completely the opposite direction and has deliberately taken him out with a forearm smash. It's a yellow bordering on a red.

You know the referee is bad when I give him 2/10 and Pinner agrees with me!

Thanks - I think!

Just watched this again for the 1st time - as I thought in real time, its a yellow.

What REALLY bugs me about refs at this level, is the ridiculous pointing at the incident when they don't give something - fair enough when a player takes the ball, but what the hell does pointing at an incident like this achieve?

If you don't point you can pretend you haven't seen it, pointing out your own error is absurd!
Just writing a review on the ref on 15:41 - Apr 18 with 2179 viewsterryb

I'm not so certain he was OK in the first half. He gave us two goal kicks that were definitely corners for Preston.

He also allowed the Preston number 23 to manage all of his decisions. It was like Graham Alexander had come out of retirement!

I think that was the worst refereeing display I've seen this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024