Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah... thanks for that......... 22:15 - Apr 14 with 3587 viewsLblock

So after a really hideous week I was on the fence about attending today but, I thought, I need to get my trip to Hull out of my system and seeing the result on Tuesday I thought we'd give PNE a go today.
And I decided to attend.

Now...

I don't do pre-season games anymore, be they £10.00 or £30.00
I wont do Cup games anymore, same criteria
I also don't attend reserve fixtures but may well do in the future if it's the choice between that and daytime TV

And now I am seriously questioning W.T.F I've yet again bought a season ticket for.
I mean what is the point?

Unless the club start basing their prices on 20 games a season there is simply no reason at all; and I'm not even inclusing b'stard midweek games that everyone could do without in the middle of February.

Today's team selection and "systems" they were put out into combind with the whole attitude from the 11 on the pitch and the wise heads in the dugout was an INSULT. It was an insult to fans paying their money, making the effort to come and an insult to other teams challenging those play off spots.
It would be awfully nice of the club to confirm that pre-season will begin on the "success" of racking up 53 points and/or April (whichever is sooner) and the last few games of the season will be treated as Try Out Shambles time.

The whole approach was a complete malaise. It was patently obvious that the 1st team regulars had adopted the "bowlarks to this it doesn't really matter" attitude due to the needless amounts of tinker, tinker, tinker that went on both in the initial selection and moving players around the pitch for the sheer give a fark of it.
BOS looked as confused as a new born puppy looking at his reflection in a mirror with the endless positions he was pointed into from the dugout. Manning swapped about.

Then my old mate Luongo. Looked like he wanted to be anywhere else than out on that hallowed turf and all summed up with his reaction when Cousins was taken off instead of him!!! I mean, come on, really?!

I'd love to know just what in the name of Christ the coaching staff think they get out of these changes. Name me a succesful side at this level that have done well by having an okey cokey attitude to line ups?
It certainly doesn't lend itself to season ticket renewals and I'm afraid in my network of 20 odd fans Ollie has now, after that shite, burned all his credit apart from one stalwart and a fraction of another (me).

Gutted, absolutely gutted I went today.

So, yeah...... thanks for that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 3545 viewsozexile

Good post it's getting totally ridiculous.
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 22:53 - Apr 14 with 3447 viewscolinallcars

I often feel the same but always renew. If you've got a good seat with unobstructed view and decent legroom then you want to hang on to it as they are rare as hens teeth. I usually miss a few games for various reasons and then there are Godawful games like today. However, I don't have all the hassle of buying individual tickets and nt knowing where I'll be sitting
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 23:03 - Apr 14 with 3427 viewsMyke

It's a really interesting point L Block. As a fan in exile, the club doesn't cost me any money. For that reason I would applaud the introduction of the likes of Ingram, Bright etc as a necessary and commendable part of our evolution. However, if like you and thousands of others, you are forking out serious amounts of hard earned dosh to watch your team, then are you not entitled to watch the very best players we have at our disposal, week in week out? It's a serious conundrum; value for money versus integrating new younger blood.
I don't know the answer except to fall back on the old maxim of 'everything in moderation' . In other words bring in Bright for Freeman for example but don't sacrifice Scowen in the same game especially in front of a rookie keeper. Indeed with that in mind, would Holloway not have been wiser to hold off on Ingram's introduction until Ned was finished his ban? It's impossible to judge, I suppose Holloway will feel he his damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Like I say, I'm not the one paying out good money , but surely if he set up any personnel to be competitive, know what their role is and play as attractively as possible, there would not be too many complaints from the fans attending the games?
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 00:25 - Apr 15 with 3323 viewsdigswellhoop

AT LAST some one who brings it to where we are love the idea of young talent maybe 2 /3 years in champion ship maybe time for a young hungry manager you tell me who?
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 01:39 - Apr 15 with 3260 viewstimcocking

It's very hard to understand how we didn't start with the front three that did so well in the last match.

I have to assume Ollie knows Sylla won't stay, that can be the only reason he's treated him so unfairly in his time here.
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 04:09 - Apr 15 with 3211 viewsmylot50years

It's not about the loyal supporters anymore, or under IH keeping the ever dwindling fans that still attend on board with continuity in team selection by means of putting out our best available side, it's about IH and the attention his selections attract media wise and the recognition of him he seems to think that creates. Sadly under him it will always be that way. The excuse at this stage of the season is the same as we got last end of season, except for the fact that it was not his side he told us last season, and that this one would be different. Unfortunately IH couldn't give a flying fck about us supporter's, it's always been about him and always will be about him. The only hope we have is that TF has the balls to admit Holloways appointment has run it's course and appoint someone with their sole purpose being, to take QPR forward and by doing so regain the respect and appreciation QPR have always shown too and received from their loyal supporters.
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 2977 viewssmegma

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 01:39 - Apr 15 by timcocking

It's very hard to understand how we didn't start with the front three that did so well in the last match.

I have to assume Ollie knows Sylla won't stay, that can be the only reason he's treated him so unfairly in his time here.

It does make you wonder. Best performance at home in years on Tuesday to one of the worse 4 days later. And the sole reason is down to tinkering.

Ollies admission he made too many changes and got it wrong??? He usually trots that out after our annual exit in both cups. So doing it in the league proves he hasn't learnt by his mistakes.
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 11:21 - Apr 15 with 2841 viewsBushRanger82

Couldn't agree more.
Pre-season is the time to experiment, not during a proper season, safe, or not.
It also ensures we never get any real momentum going.
And we get charged the full whack for these pre-season type of tinkering.
Login to get fewer ads

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:28 - Apr 15 with 2746 viewsRangersw12

Holloway is far from perfect but nobody has given an alternative
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:38 - Apr 15 with 2730 viewsEsox_Lucius

We win; that's championship winning form next season. We lose; the sky is caving in and we need to sack the manager and all his coaching staff. You'd never think that we have an ageing fan base and struggle to attract youngsters reading the post match responses after every game. We got beat, meh! Going to games isn't ALL about the result.

The grass is always greener.

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:46 - Apr 15 with 2714 viewssmegma

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 11:21 - Apr 15 by BushRanger82

Couldn't agree more.
Pre-season is the time to experiment, not during a proper season, safe, or not.
It also ensures we never get any real momentum going.
And we get charged the full whack for these pre-season type of tinkering.

We experimented on Tuesday against Wednesday.
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:59 - Apr 15 with 2683 viewsQPR_John

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:38 - Apr 15 by Esox_Lucius

We win; that's championship winning form next season. We lose; the sky is caving in and we need to sack the manager and all his coaching staff. You'd never think that we have an ageing fan base and struggle to attract youngsters reading the post match responses after every game. We got beat, meh! Going to games isn't ALL about the result.

It's not about being beaten is it. It is how we lose, score 4 against Norwich followed by conceding 4 against Hull followed by scoring 4 against Wednesday followed by aguably the worst 90 minutes this season. There is no consistency it does seem when Holloway finds a winning formula he cannot resist tinkering with it. I cannot be bothered to check back but when possible, that is barring injuries and suspensions, have we ever played the same starting 11 this season in consecutive matches.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 13:01]
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 14:04 - Apr 15 with 2609 viewsTacticalR

I spent most of the game discussing Danish football with the guy sitting next to me (he said he used to be a physio at SønderjyskE in the Danish Superliga). You really have to make your own entertainment at this point in the season.

Air hostess clique

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 23:59 - Apr 15 with 2348 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 14:04 - Apr 15 by TacticalR

I spent most of the game discussing Danish football with the guy sitting next to me (he said he used to be a physio at SønderjyskE in the Danish Superliga). You really have to make your own entertainment at this point in the season.

Did he have any interesting suggestions for 'Things To Do With Lurpak'?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 00:26 - Apr 16 with 2332 viewskensalriser

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 14:04 - Apr 15 by TacticalR

I can't help feeling that 'Superliga' might be overstating it slightly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 11:42 - Apr 16 with 2233 viewsTacticalR

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 00:26 - Apr 16 by kensalriser

I can't help feeling that 'Superliga' might be overstating it slightly.

From what he was saying it sounded a bit like Scotland with Brøndby and Copenhagen pretty dominant, although Matthew Benham's Midtjylland won the league a couple of years ago.

Air hostess clique

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 11:49 - Apr 16 with 2215 viewsTacticalR

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 23:59 - Apr 15 by isawqpratwcity

Did he have any interesting suggestions for 'Things To Do With Lurpak'?

We didn't get on to Lurpak or even Laudrup. Him and his mates were also going to watch the Spurs-Man City game in the evening (primarily to see Christian Eriksen in action). They seemed quite impressed with Luongo.

Air hostess clique

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:16 - Apr 16 with 2186 viewsDando

I personally think it was a mistake to play Ingram as well. I understand he needs a chance, but the defence is already all over the place with Ned and Lynch missing, and with the Brentford game coming up - you would think our star player would be playing to help prevent another away defeat. Ingram may be the future, but he understandably looked rusty to me, there were a number if mistakes which I am sure he will eliminate with time.

What worries me, is that we are again damaging the morale of players. E.g. Smyth - has a great game, yet is dropped the next. They must be thinking "whats the point of me playing so well" if they know it wont reward them with a start the next week. Just play your best bloody team, and use pre season to build for next year
Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:35 - Apr 16 with 2162 viewssimmo

You have to assume that for some players at least, IH has said that once we're safe and we have the opportunity, that they will get a chance to play. Be it Mackie/Perch for their farewells, for the likes of Ingram who wants games and has dutifully sat on the bench and (presumably) trained like a pro should. Younger players like Osayi-Samuel that have no doubt been chomping at the bit can go to Holloway now and ask to be given a chance to get some games and show they can be a part of our plans for next season without their rustiness leading to relegation.

I don't particularly have a problem with the rotation of certain players and positions, although the 'on the beach' performances do piss me off generally, I don't think that's the same thing as giving others in your squad a chance.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 13:11 - Apr 16 with 2114 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 12:16 - Apr 16 by Dando

I personally think it was a mistake to play Ingram as well. I understand he needs a chance, but the defence is already all over the place with Ned and Lynch missing, and with the Brentford game coming up - you would think our star player would be playing to help prevent another away defeat. Ingram may be the future, but he understandably looked rusty to me, there were a number if mistakes which I am sure he will eliminate with time.

What worries me, is that we are again damaging the morale of players. E.g. Smyth - has a great game, yet is dropped the next. They must be thinking "whats the point of me playing so well" if they know it wont reward them with a start the next week. Just play your best bloody team, and use pre season to build for next year

While I can understand your opinion even though I have already stated that I don't agree with it, may I point out that pre-season is a hopeless time to be making serious team selection decisions.

You play all levels of clubs (usually unrepresentative of the upcoming competition) on all manner of grounds, agricultural, even alien. Nobody really takes the games seriously: they are more about making friends and a bit of money, plus maybe alerting players of the need to get back in shape. Most of all, it doesn't allow the maximum time to do an audit of player options and to remedy squad and formation issues.

Given that we are currently not contesting anything in either direction of the league table, now is the time to ask 'what if...?' questions. We just need to do it sensibly.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 2054 viewsDando

Yeah... thanks for that......... on 13:11 - Apr 16 by isawqpratwcity

While I can understand your opinion even though I have already stated that I don't agree with it, may I point out that pre-season is a hopeless time to be making serious team selection decisions.

You play all levels of clubs (usually unrepresentative of the upcoming competition) on all manner of grounds, agricultural, even alien. Nobody really takes the games seriously: they are more about making friends and a bit of money, plus maybe alerting players of the need to get back in shape. Most of all, it doesn't allow the maximum time to do an audit of player options and to remedy squad and formation issues.

Given that we are currently not contesting anything in either direction of the league table, now is the time to ask 'what if...?' questions. We just need to do it sensibly.

I get that, but thats the point really, we arent doing it sensibly. Not only are the fans getting frustrated, but the players must be too if one week they have a blinder yet the next minute they are dropped. Not surprised if people will want to leave.

As others have said, I wouldnt have minded a bit of "tinkering" at this stage in the season if they rest of the season had a more stable a consistent side. Yet it has changed one week to the next for most of the season, and it has been bloody frustrating
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024