Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Billy Franks / Faith Brothers 21:01 - Apr 15 with 1716 viewseastside_r

Any other fans on here. Billy was from the Fulham Court estate which I am guessing (not being from the area) is a bit of a scum pit. By which I mean a genuinely working-class area where most people support the scum, rather than being scum per se.

Always preferred his stuff to Billy Bragg's which would have been the obvious choice for this east Londoner, but I have always have had exotic tastes.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 6:24]
Billy Franks / Faith Brothers on 22:00 - Apr 15 with 1651 viewsdanehoop

Saw the Faith Brothers quite a few times i my youth, excellent band who should have been a lot bigger than they were. Country of the Blind and Stranger on Home Ground where great tracks.

Remember they played as support to U2 at the Longest Day concert in Milton Keynes, in a line up which was REM, The Ramones, Spear of Destiny, Billy Bragg and they smashed it (REM were anonymous in comparison and almost bottled off stage).

Never knowingly understood

Billy Franks / Faith Brothers on 23:59 - Apr 15 with 1583 viewswombat

Billy Franks / Faith Brothers on 22:00 - Apr 15 by danehoop

Saw the Faith Brothers quite a few times i my youth, excellent band who should have been a lot bigger than they were. Country of the Blind and Stranger on Home Ground where great tracks.

Remember they played as support to U2 at the Longest Day concert in Milton Keynes, in a line up which was REM, The Ramones, Spear of Destiny, Billy Bragg and they smashed it (REM were anonymous in comparison and almost bottled off stage).

Billy sadly passed away last year , great band love to watch and with some luck could have made it big

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Billy Franks / Faith Brothers on 07:32 - Apr 16 with 1510 viewsRs_Holy

wow that is a blast from the past! I saw them supporting OMD at the Hammersmith Odean in 1985.
My only memory of them was they were very loud.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 7:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024