Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground before South Africa Stand was Built 09:19 - Apr 16 with 7246 viewsurrrrssss

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216037433634556&set=a.1021001458874719
Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 00:49 - Apr 17 with 2233 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 19:21 - Apr 16 by Esox_Lucius

Bobby Keetch once scored a goal at Loftus Road with the back of his head... an OG caused by a clearance from Mike Kelly which knocked him unconcious and, IIRC, it was an FAC game at home to CFC and we lost 4-0 :-(
The worrying thing about this post is that most of the time I can't remember where I left my glasses 10 minutes ago.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 19:22]

We lost 4-2. I was one of the kids sitting against the hoardings at the School End for Bridges' failed header.

[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 0:50]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 18:40 - Apr 17 with 2079 viewseastside_r

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 00:49 - Apr 17 by isawqpratwcity

We lost 4-2. I was one of the kids sitting against the hoardings at the School End for Bridges' failed header.

[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 0:50]

My god that kit was beautiful.

No crest but everyone knows this team.
Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 19:03 - Apr 17 with 2067 viewsShotKneesHoop

What a ground that was for atmosphere in those days. Just wonderful.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 19:44 - Apr 17 with 2047 viewsBoston

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 19:03 - Apr 17 by ShotKneesHoop

What a ground that was for atmosphere in those days. Just wonderful.

....and ladies mud wrestling in the centre circle on Friday nights.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 19:52 - Apr 17 with 2041 viewsBoston

Doing my best to impersonate Konk....Bobby Keetch
http://192.168.0.1/webpages/upgrade.html?url= http://fulhamish.blogspot.com/2007/06/nostalgia-bobby-keetch.html
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 19:52]

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 23:32 - Apr 17 with 1988 viewsDannyPaddox

Thanks for all the Keetch anecdotes and links. Fantastic stuff. The man deserved his own Kink's song. I've read that he was a bit miffed to be let go by Fulham and was considering going full Lovejoy around 1967 but Rangers talked him into carrrying on.

I could be wrong but it seems his last game was the 8-1 drubbing on a March evening in 1969 at Old Trafford. Our worst ever defeat. I wonder whether the beasting from Best, Law, Willie Morgan, and Brian Kidd et al. made him think fcuk this for a game of soldiers I'd rather be collecting antiques.

Ps: The goal times in the Man U game are nuts. We were still in it at 2-1 with 25 mins to play. Then Best scored on 67, Morgan on 75, and the last four goals were scored on 85, 86, 88, and 89 minutes. Okay it was nearly 50 years ago but WTF happened there!?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 23:35]
Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 01:22 - Apr 18 with 1960 viewsBoston

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 23:32 - Apr 17 by DannyPaddox

Thanks for all the Keetch anecdotes and links. Fantastic stuff. The man deserved his own Kink's song. I've read that he was a bit miffed to be let go by Fulham and was considering going full Lovejoy around 1967 but Rangers talked him into carrrying on.

I could be wrong but it seems his last game was the 8-1 drubbing on a March evening in 1969 at Old Trafford. Our worst ever defeat. I wonder whether the beasting from Best, Law, Willie Morgan, and Brian Kidd et al. made him think fcuk this for a game of soldiers I'd rather be collecting antiques.

Ps: The goal times in the Man U game are nuts. We were still in it at 2-1 with 25 mins to play. Then Best scored on 67, Morgan on 75, and the last four goals were scored on 85, 86, 88, and 89 minutes. Okay it was nearly 50 years ago but WTF happened there!?

Diane Abbot took over the scoreboard.

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 03:49 - Apr 18 with 1942 viewsisawqpratwcity

Credit to you for remembering the bloke.

That last spell at OT reads like our current penchant for goal concessions at 'half-time ± 10m'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 11:50 - Apr 18 with 1865 viewsEsox_Lucius

I bet Holloway was in charge! Holloway out!!! Evil Les and Hoos were behind it all. [mindless rant].... [/mindless rant]

The grass is always greener.

Ground before South Africa Stand was Built on 12:08 - Apr 18 with 1852 viewsCamberleyR

And they didn't even need Bobby Charlton that night either. Not much of a crowd that night, just 36, 638.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024