Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-devloping Loftus Road 13:06 - Apr 16 with 10237 viewsBAWHoops

Just saw the rendering for the new stand at Crystal Palace

Is there no way we could ever do this at LR? Could we not knock down the SA Road stand and start again?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 2647 viewsenfieldargh

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:12 - Apr 16 by Northernr

They're going for Linford Christie in a big way.

High End you say. Will they ask Donald Trump for a blue print of the Mexican wall so the oiks on the WCE dont spoil things

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 2647 viewsBostonR

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:27 - Apr 16 by Benny_the_Ball

"LR will be sold and developed into high-end residential similar to the BBC development."

High-end opposite White City Estate? No amount of clever marketing could convince me of that. London property really is bonkers.

It's simple. Use clever landscaping and lighting to deliniate the boundary line of any development along SAR.
Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:41 - Apr 16 with 2640 viewsRs_Holy

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:23 - Apr 16 by CamberleyR

"Clever architecture could easily get it to 25,000"

That wouldn't just be clever architecture Bosh, that would be genius architecture in squeezing nearly another 7000 seats onto basically the same footprint. As a general rule of thumb template you're talking of 2 x 7,500 capacity stands along the sides of the pitch and 2 x 5,000 capacity stands behind the goals.

As somebody else pointed out, H & S regs would mean larger concourses, exits etc. It's not physically possible. Had Wright bought the land behind the School End where the Jack Tizard school is 20 years ago, we'd have had a bit of wiggle room to expand but not now.

Football has changed so much in the last 20 years. We are simply not going to attract new fans even if they live in a 3 mile radius of Loftus Road in the near future.
If you are a young footy fan and you visit Scumford Bridge, Craven Cottage, Brentfords new stadium, White Hart Lane (when complete) and the Emirates you are going to be pretty impressed with all of those for different reasons.
Then if you visit Loftus Road you might get wet (sitting in the Paddocks/Front of the Loft), have a restricted view seat, have to wait 15 minutes for a waz at 1/2 time, take 15 minutes to get out of the ground, not see the big screen from your vantage point, not hear the PA announcements... Loftus Road is old and tired and although us olden's love it I think younger fans might think its a bit of dump .... (maybe?).
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 15:01]
Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 2632 viewsCamberleyR

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:22 - Apr 16 by Northernr

That's one of several reasons.

By 'money off other events' he doesn't mean the big one off stuff on the pitch. He means that most stadiums have conference areas, restaurants, space that's used seven days a week. We don't even have anywhere to host our own POTY dinner. FFP makes it even more vital for a stadium to be producing some money for you and ours does the opposite, it costs more to run/police/upkeep than it brings in in ticket money.

The dreaded Green Code and health and safety regulations are changing and tightening all the time. Pinch points like the entrance to the Upper Loft from SAR mean that even if we could somehow increase capacity (with safe standing) we wouldn't be allowed to do it. We're putting 18,000 on a four and a half acre site. They'd consider double that a "tight site" for a stadium of that size if it was built now.

Do you know what the size of the LCS site is Clive?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:57 - Apr 16 with 2599 viewsDWQPR

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:12 - Apr 16 by Northernr

They're going for Linford Christie in a big way.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Briatore also looked at this site but for some reason was put off. But the site is very much big enough for the club, the only issue being access. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the hospital close and additional development at Charing Cross instead, or indeed at Ealing. It also means that the club can fully develop and maximise the profits of their land bank on OOC.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:04 - Apr 16 with 2584 viewsNorthernr

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:30 - Apr 16 by BostonR

It's a very obvious option. I assume the Council own the site and enough of the adjacent space to make it a viable negotiation rather than working through multiple stakeholders? I would also assume that the Council will be looking for major investments (Section 106) from the Board in return for a deal.

Council also keen to offload the expense of maintaining the LC Stadium, which is an embarrassment in its current state.
Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:10 - Apr 16 with 2547 viewsCamberleyR

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:41 - Apr 16 by Rs_Holy

Football has changed so much in the last 20 years. We are simply not going to attract new fans even if they live in a 3 mile radius of Loftus Road in the near future.
If you are a young footy fan and you visit Scumford Bridge, Craven Cottage, Brentfords new stadium, White Hart Lane (when complete) and the Emirates you are going to be pretty impressed with all of those for different reasons.
Then if you visit Loftus Road you might get wet (sitting in the Paddocks/Front of the Loft), have a restricted view seat, have to wait 15 minutes for a waz at 1/2 time, take 15 minutes to get out of the ground, not see the big screen from your vantage point, not hear the PA announcements... Loftus Road is old and tired and although us olden's love it I think younger fans might think its a bit of dump .... (maybe?).
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 15:01]

I know mate, 100% agree with you. As much as us old'uns love it, it's is not fit for purpose for 21st century football for all the reasons you give and more. For me being 6"4' it's never been the most comfortable of grounds since it's been all seater, even in the Paddocks which is the newest seated area and you get slightly more room, it's still not that comfortable plus as you say you are open to the elements.

If we could build on the LCS site a 25-30000 capacity replica of Boavista or maybe even a smaller version of RC Lens' 38K capacity gaff (below), I'd be pretty happy.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:11 - Apr 16 with 2537 viewsisawqpratwcity

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:49 - Apr 16 by CamberleyR

Do you know what the size of the LCS site is Clive?

I just did a rough measurement on Google Maps and it's something like five or six hectares (12-15 acres), so it's a decent size depending on what you want to put there.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:19 - Apr 16 with 2518 viewsBostonR

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:04 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Council also keen to offload the expense of maintaining the LC Stadium, which is an embarrassment in its current state.

Sounds like a deal is there to be made.
I know the site very well and apart from some challenges on traffic/highway management, I cannot imagine many objections would be made. The only caveat I have, is whether the site is part of the OOC re-generation plan. That could stall any development, if the Mayor steps in.
However, if we own substantial parcels of the site, we have a seat at that table and the game would definitely be on from a development perspective. It would be a case of "show me the money" and a scheme.
Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:23 - Apr 16 with 2510 viewsBoston

If we do move, then I'm a reluctant LC supporter. Builders not only construct upwards, but the expense of digging down then rebuilding every stand would probably kill us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:24 - Apr 16 with 2505 viewsBoston

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:19 - Apr 16 by BostonR

Sounds like a deal is there to be made.
I know the site very well and apart from some challenges on traffic/highway management, I cannot imagine many objections would be made. The only caveat I have, is whether the site is part of the OOC re-generation plan. That could stall any development, if the Mayor steps in.
However, if we own substantial parcels of the site, we have a seat at that table and the game would definitely be on from a development perspective. It would be a case of "show me the money" and a scheme.

Rangers / Tone owns a couple of OOC parcels, good bargaining chips methinks.

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:40 - Apr 16 with 2467 viewshopphoops

I used to run at LCS at the same time as Linford Christie and the Thames Valley Harrier lads. They'd whoosh past you like low flying Tornadoes. Saw Linford do a 60m high hurdles entirely on one foot.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 2441 viewsted_hendrix

Currently the Company I work for have a tender bid submitted to a football club for a brand new state of the art Academy, If you knew the cost you'd shit yourself, I have also worked on football stadiums that have had extensions built in not so built up areas (absolutely nothing like LR) and again they were certainly not cheap.
If I could be arsed I could give you something like 25 good reasons why LR would never get re-developed.
Nothing is impossible in the construction industry believe you me, but It all depends on financing and time.
Our Company 'if' instructed would and could design and build a new football stadium anywhere in the world, that's not the problem the problem is the cost, no major construction Company would take the financial risk nowadays's unless the client (QPR) placed a financial bond with a bank.
There'll be no 360 diggers on site anywhere soon,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:13 - Apr 16 with 2401 viewsBAWHoops

Pleased that Ruben is involved with the new LAFC stadium which wouldn't be too bad

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 2399 viewssmegma

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:27 - Apr 16 by Benny_the_Ball

"LR will be sold and developed into high-end residential similar to the BBC development."

High-end opposite White City Estate? No amount of clever marketing could convince me of that. London property really is bonkers.

The flats in the old BBC TV centre started at a mere £750k and they're opposite White City estate.
Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:15 - Apr 16 with 2393 viewskensalriser

Hard to imagine that there is a better site in the borough than LC, now that we've missed out on all the Wood Lane/White City redevelopment.

Has a lot going for it, including the possibility of a matchday-only new stop on the overground - the line there is on an embankment and there's not much around it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:38 - Apr 16 with 2373 viewsEsgaroth

Best stadium i have seen in a long time is Juventus.
Two words......Steep Stands!

Everyone gets a good view and because its so steep you feel closer to the action unlike Wembley or The Emirates bottom tier which are so shallow that if one person at the front stands up....everyone has to

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:56 - Apr 16 with 2338 viewsMedwayR

I can't believe we're actually having this conversation again, when will people realise it's not possible.

I think we'll end up at LC stadium. It's nearby, buying/leasing the land should be straight forward and the community aspect is there too (similar to Warren Farm) which is consistent with our identity.

OOC was a great opportunity as getting land in London is near impossible but the club's approach back then screwed that up so now we have to use the land we own there to fund elsewhere. I just hope any new stadium is designed with fans views at the forefront of all considerations as I fear if Hoos has too much say we'll get an identikit bowl as it'll be the cheapest option.

Poll: Who’s better?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 23:18 - Apr 16 with 2208 viewswombat

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:56 - Apr 16 by MedwayR

I can't believe we're actually having this conversation again, when will people realise it's not possible.

I think we'll end up at LC stadium. It's nearby, buying/leasing the land should be straight forward and the community aspect is there too (similar to Warren Farm) which is consistent with our identity.

OOC was a great opportunity as getting land in London is near impossible but the club's approach back then screwed that up so now we have to use the land we own there to fund elsewhere. I just hope any new stadium is designed with fans views at the forefront of all considerations as I fear if Hoos has too much say we'll get an identikit bowl as it'll be the cheapest option.

Decent walk back to white city after the game , the bridge over the central lin would have to be changed to allow for more than 5 people using it at the same time .
The one thing which has helped LC is the hospital dosnt know have an A&E dept it does however house lots of patients whim I’m sure will enjoy the noise of 25k+ fans , gigs fights you name on it on there door steps . Needs to happen but don’t think it will be happening for many years to come

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:13 - Apr 17 with 1992 viewsBoston

Couple of points from the above posts....

Station....Used to be one there, bombed out during the war.

Steep Stands....why not? I attend many a hockey game at the TD Garden in Boston. 17,565, balcony’s bloody steep, but never seen any problems.

A chum of mine built a stadium a couple of years ago, the big headaches(as per usual), were the bollocks he had to put up with prior to green light. So the quicker the club start making noises the better.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 15:19]

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:18 - Apr 17 with 1976 viewsloftboy

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 14:01 - Apr 16 by BostonR

The value of the real-estate at LR is why they will not re-develop.
LR will be sold and developed into high-end residential similar to the BBC development. I imagine the Board will have some interest in such a development. Only a matter of time before that happens and very dependent on finding a new location.
Not sure the current Board have the patience to wait on an option in W10 or 12, so do not be surprised if options along the M40 corridor towards Ruislip are being considered.

When I walked past the BBC centre Saturday there were banners saying “live at the BBC” my first thought was oooh who’s on, then the penny dropped😂

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:47 - Apr 17 with 1930 viewsisawqpratwcity

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:13 - Apr 17 by Boston

Couple of points from the above posts....

Station....Used to be one there, bombed out during the war.

Steep Stands....why not? I attend many a hockey game at the TD Garden in Boston. 17,565, balcony’s bloody steep, but never seen any problems.

A chum of mine built a stadium a couple of years ago, the big headaches(as per usual), were the bollocks he had to put up with prior to green light. So the quicker the club start making noises the better.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 15:19]

That station was by Little Wormwood Scrubs, wasn't it? Would be handy for match days.

There's also the Central Line East Acton station west of the prison.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 1882 viewshopphoops

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 15:47 - Apr 17 by isawqpratwcity

That station was by Little Wormwood Scrubs, wasn't it? Would be handy for match days.

There's also the Central Line East Acton station west of the prison.

Looking on Google Maps I see Hammersmith Hospital includes the Robert Steiner MRI Unit. I never knew he was so crocked that he needed his own machine.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:46 - Apr 17 with 1841 viewsNov77

If the football stays the same (not very good) and the prices are the same, do you think crowds at a new stadium will go up, down or remain roughly the same?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 17:06 - Apr 17 with 1812 viewsNorthernr

Re-devloping Loftus Road on 16:46 - Apr 17 by Nov77

If the football stays the same (not very good) and the prices are the same, do you think crowds at a new stadium will go up, down or remain roughly the same?

Fernandes has always said he's a "low cost guy" and would charge less for tickets if we had more seats to sell. We'll see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024