Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” 13:44 - Apr 16 with 20109 viewsNov77

You heard it, I expect Ollie to be held fully accountable if he fails in this meticulous and explicit cunning plan.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 2664 viewsMick_S

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:29 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Christ that article is nearly as cringe as Holloway's comments in the first place!

He doesn't like us, does he?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:36 - Apr 17 with 2639 viewsNorthernr

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:31 - Apr 17 by Mick_S

He doesn't like us, does he?

Yeh I was on their podcast last year and they were all really nice and it was a good show but yeh, that guy really, really, really doesn't like us or Holloway.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:37 - Apr 17 with 2635 viewsJAPRANGERS

Is this game likely to be on the internet somewhere? It'll be at a stupid time here but I have to see this game if I can.

You RRRRSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 2620 viewsNov77

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:29 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Christ that article is nearly as cringe as Holloway's comments in the first place!

The trouble is to Holloway this would be some kind of ‘scalp’.

I never, until this season, thought I’d see a QPR manger dancing up and down the touch line in ecstasy at getting a DRAW at home to Brentford.

Clint Hill should win the quote of the season award when he said the biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 2598 viewssimmo

Absolutely cringe.

"at the end of another disappointing campaign at Loftus Road" - based on whose measurement of success?

So many pompous twáts over there, and for all the times that saw "Brentford finishing above QPR in the league table", they've stayed in the same fckin league as us and probably will again.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:50 - Apr 17 with 2603 viewsswitchingcode

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:45 - Apr 17 by AgedR

I'll be in the Hibernian club after the game, doing some deep, deep undercover heavy drinking reconnaissance.

However, if we resort to lumping it up the posh Matt, I may be there before the final whistle.

Hibernian?dont you mean Inverness club ?
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:25 - Apr 17 with 2555 viewsisawqpratwcity

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:45 - Apr 17 by Nov77

The trouble is to Holloway this would be some kind of ‘scalp’.

I never, until this season, thought I’d see a QPR manger dancing up and down the touch line in ecstasy at getting a DRAW at home to Brentford.

Clint Hill should win the quote of the season award when he said the biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations.

I really hope that he can win that scalp.

Those f*cking caps he wears are awful.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:33 - Apr 17 with 2544 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I don't remember the likes of Venables having to say this sort of tosh before a game.

Holloway is limited.
Positive for Holloway is it appears all the poor characters (apart from Lynch) have left the club.
However I doubt he has worked out our best 11 players yet which is annoying as we should be playing our best team and formation wherever possible.

Keep it simple Ian Holloway.
Play our best team
Play 4 at the back

We can beat anyone
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 15:36]
Login to get fewer ads

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 16:46 - Apr 17 with 2450 viewsJuzzie

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:36 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Yeh I was on their podcast last year and they were all really nice and it was a good show but yeh, that guy really, really, really doesn't like us or Holloway.

People need a rival, someone/something to hate. The fact no one really hates them means they have to go find one. As well as being geographically closest, what didn't happen 50 years ago gives them something to cling onto and go on about it to the point of boredom.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:09 - Apr 17 with 2413 viewsJuzzie

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:33 - Apr 17 by superhoopdownunder

I don't remember the likes of Venables having to say this sort of tosh before a game.

Holloway is limited.
Positive for Holloway is it appears all the poor characters (apart from Lynch) have left the club.
However I doubt he has worked out our best 11 players yet which is annoying as we should be playing our best team and formation wherever possible.

Keep it simple Ian Holloway.
Play our best team
Play 4 at the back

We can beat anyone
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 15:36]

"I don't remember the likes of Venables having to say this sort of tosh before a game." - true, but the 24/7 online, media hungry to fill space, social networking world didn't exist then.

In the early PL days players being interviewed looked like rabbits in the headlights but players (and managers too I guess) today are all media savvy/trained to deal with it such is the demand for everything & anything.

I always like watching the body language.... "was that a penalty?" "oh, yeah, definitley" whilst tugging his ear or scratching his nose which is a sign for not actually meaning what they say.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:32 - Apr 17 with 2380 viewsstowmarketrange

And they keep spouting that crap about pride of west London when they’re in Middlesex.
They can by all means call themselves the pride of to the west of London,but they ain’t and never will be in West London.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:51 - Apr 17 with 2350 viewsJuzzie

I always felt the same especilaly if you go by pure postcode but I did a bit of googling and came across this on Wikipedia;

"West London is an official sub-region of Greater London; consisting of the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond upon Thames"

plus these from elsewhere;

"With a population of 1.6 million, West London is made up of the boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow. Owing to the affluent inner city areas of West London, the sub region often has a haughty reputation when compared to the grittier East London area. Football teams in West London include Chelsea, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and Brentford, while the world famous Wembley Stadium, the national stadium of England, is in the area. West London is also the location of London Heathrow Airport."

That's bolloxed our theory then as it encompass us, Fulham, Brentford and Fulham MkII.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:56 - Apr 17 with 2343 viewsstowmarketrange

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:51 - Apr 17 by Juzzie

I always felt the same especilaly if you go by pure postcode but I did a bit of googling and came across this on Wikipedia;

"West London is an official sub-region of Greater London; consisting of the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond upon Thames"

plus these from elsewhere;

"With a population of 1.6 million, West London is made up of the boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow. Owing to the affluent inner city areas of West London, the sub region often has a haughty reputation when compared to the grittier East London area. Football teams in West London include Chelsea, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and Brentford, while the world famous Wembley Stadium, the national stadium of England, is in the area. West London is also the location of London Heathrow Airport."

That's bolloxed our theory then as it encompass us, Fulham, Brentford and Fulham MkII.

Only if you go by that map.As a former postman I know Brentford hasn’t got a W London postcode because it’s in Middlesex.It might be only 100 yards outside of W London,but outside it is.
If it’s good enough for the people who pay my pension it’s certainly good enough for me.
There is only one team in West London.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:05 - Apr 17 with 2334 viewsJuzzie

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:56 - Apr 17 by stowmarketrange

Only if you go by that map.As a former postman I know Brentford hasn’t got a W London postcode because it’s in Middlesex.It might be only 100 yards outside of W London,but outside it is.
If it’s good enough for the people who pay my pension it’s certainly good enough for me.
There is only one team in West London.

I guess it depends on what the true definition of West London is? Brentford is TW8, Fulham & Fulham MKII are both SW6 and we are W12 so that covers the postcode angle.

Though 'West London' in a broad sense covers the boroughs mentioned above.

I'm with you though, I do consider us to be be 'west London' rather than 'west of London' or 'south west of London' but it will always be open to debate.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:10 - Apr 17 with 2324 viewsstowmarketrange

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:05 - Apr 17 by Juzzie

I guess it depends on what the true definition of West London is? Brentford is TW8, Fulham & Fulham MKII are both SW6 and we are W12 so that covers the postcode angle.

Though 'West London' in a broad sense covers the boroughs mentioned above.

I'm with you though, I do consider us to be be 'west London' rather than 'west of London' or 'south west of London' but it will always be open to debate.

Let the others think what they want.To me West London is W1 to W14.Everything else is either to the west of London or SW London for the other 2.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:56 - Apr 17 with 2278 viewsterryb

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 09:59 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Mrs Smithies is due to drop a sprog this Saturday so he'll likely be unavailable - that's why they gave Ingram a go last week, didn't want him going into this game cold.

This is something that I've never understood.

If you know that player x has to miss one game so be it.

Why punish yourself & choose to be without him for two games? And he went into the Preston game cold, so what did we benefit from that?
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 19:10 - Apr 17 with 2257 viewsWatford_Ranger

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:56 - Apr 17 by terryb

This is something that I've never understood.

If you know that player x has to miss one game so be it.

Why punish yourself & choose to be without him for two games? And he went into the Preston game cold, so what did we benefit from that?

Made sense in a relatively meaningless home game rather than throw him into the “lion’s den” (lol).

You’d expect us to be under a lot of pressure at Brentford. Ingram should be better for his fairly mediocre and hopefully just rusty appearance.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 20:18 - Apr 17 with 2213 viewsAgedR

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:50 - Apr 17 by switchingcode

Hibernian?dont you mean Inverness club ?

Sssh, you’ll blow my cover

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 20:47 - Apr 17 with 2179 viewsswitchingcode

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 20:18 - Apr 17 by AgedR

Sssh, you’ll blow my cover

Don’t worry Dave safe with me 😉
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 22:20 - Apr 17 with 2085 viewsDorse

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:10 - Apr 17 by stowmarketrange

Let the others think what they want.To me West London is W1 to W14.Everything else is either to the west of London or SW London for the other 2.

As the self-appointed authority on what is West of London, I can confirm that Brentford is miles away.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 01:35 - Apr 18 with 2006 viewskensalriser

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 22:20 - Apr 17 by Dorse

As the self-appointed authority on what is West of London, I can confirm that Brentford is miles away.

Correct. Even if you're at the Chiswick roundabout, which is in itself miles away.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 02:25 - Apr 18 with 1989 viewstimcocking

Is there anybody who doesn't fear we're about to be thrashed? Imo, Ollie has actually slightly increased the chance of it happening with another ill-advised press release.

Him and Tony together. Man, our life would be easier if they'd both be quiet.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 09:22 - Apr 18 with 1897 viewsswitchingcode

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 02:25 - Apr 18 by timcocking

Is there anybody who doesn't fear we're about to be thrashed? Imo, Ollie has actually slightly increased the chance of it happening with another ill-advised press release.

Him and Tony together. Man, our life would be easier if they'd both be quiet.

Don’t think it will make the slightest difference what Olli says these derbys mean more to the fans than the players imho and it’s the skill on the pitch that matters.Olli asked his players for a big effort when you played at Hull after poor old Butch died and look what happened.Hope you are right but think this will be tight in a game we have to win to keep out micro chances of play offs alive.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 10:04 - Apr 18 with 1851 viewskingo

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 16:46 - Apr 17 by Juzzie

People need a rival, someone/something to hate. The fact no one really hates them means they have to go find one. As well as being geographically closest, what didn't happen 50 years ago gives them something to cling onto and go on about it to the point of boredom.

Well said Juzzie, and when presented with the actual facts and events of 50 years ago they go all silent. I used to go to Brentford with my mates in the 70s, there were loads of QPR supporters there and there was none of this rubbish. Their big rival was Watford, it has all been manufactured by that idiot they used to have with the microphone on the pitch at half time.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 10:27 - Apr 18 with 1827 viewsswitchingcode

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 10:04 - Apr 18 by kingo

Well said Juzzie, and when presented with the actual facts and events of 50 years ago they go all silent. I used to go to Brentford with my mates in the 70s, there were loads of QPR supporters there and there was none of this rubbish. Their big rival was Watford, it has all been manufactured by that idiot they used to have with the microphone on the pitch at half time.

Correct Watford were our big rivals in the 70s and far worse went on between us and their fans than has ever gone on if anything with yours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024