Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” 13:44 - Apr 16 with 20106 viewsNov77

You heard it, I expect Ollie to be held fully accountable if he fails in this meticulous and explicit cunning plan.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:20 - Apr 18 with 3998 viewsdaveB

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:45 - Apr 17 by Nov77

The trouble is to Holloway this would be some kind of ‘scalp’.

I never, until this season, thought I’d see a QPR manger dancing up and down the touch line in ecstasy at getting a DRAW at home to Brentford.

Clint Hill should win the quote of the season award when he said the biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations.

to be fair we had just scored 2 goals in injury time, could have been against Exeter and would expect him to react like that
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:29 - Apr 18 with 3981 viewsdaveB

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:33 - Apr 17 by superhoopdownunder

I don't remember the likes of Venables having to say this sort of tosh before a game.

Holloway is limited.
Positive for Holloway is it appears all the poor characters (apart from Lynch) have left the club.
However I doubt he has worked out our best 11 players yet which is annoying as we should be playing our best team and formation wherever possible.

Keep it simple Ian Holloway.
Play our best team
Play 4 at the back

We can beat anyone
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 15:36]

Venables wouldn't have had a microphone put in his face after every match and asked about the next one and probably wouldn't have been getting stick on the street and on social media from Brentford fans for a couple of years so can see why he wants to beat them and why he says this sort of stuff.

i don't think it helps saying this sort of stuff and it's usually backfired every time he has gone into a game with heart over head but it gives his critics a new stick to beat him with this week so has at least kept them happy.

Brentford will never be the cup final or the big one for us but it's a London derby, they are giving it large over us at the moment so we should want to win this one and it will hurt if we don't, no different as to when Luton was a regular fixture.

Whatever he says or whatever team he picks hopefully we get a positive result, is a big game for him. Looks like he'll be here next season so this could either buy him some real credit on the back of the Fulham game and potentially this Brentford one or have him under pressure again from day 1.

I think f we start wth a back 4 then Pawel and Manning have to start wide and be prepared to defend, if not we'll get ripped apart out wide
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 12:30]
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:01 - Apr 18 with 3874 viewsJuzzie

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 10:04 - Apr 18 by kingo

Well said Juzzie, and when presented with the actual facts and events of 50 years ago they go all silent. I used to go to Brentford with my mates in the 70s, there were loads of QPR supporters there and there was none of this rubbish. Their big rival was Watford, it has all been manufactured by that idiot they used to have with the microphone on the pitch at half time.

From Brentford's own website there's a series of articles about it and it seems Brentford instigated the whole thing themselves. Despite the tone of the articles being very much against QPR, there's no hding from the facts that they approached QPR and QPR took up what seemed a good offer to make use of a then better ground that otherwise may get demolished. There's no mention at all on anything I've seen or read that shows QPR took the front foot in order to try and get the ground from an ailing club.

OK, QPR could probably have just said 'no' but that would have meant Brentford may have definitely folded and who knows what would have happened to the ground.

At a Griffin Park meeting "scriptwriter Alan Simpson proclaiming that “in a few years’ time we will be able to take over Fulham, Chelsea, AND Queens Park Rangers”."

OK, I taken two snapshots but what I can tell we actually helped SAVE Brentford as it got press coverage and mobilised the fans to take action and the comment from Alan Simpson is double-standards...... it's OK for them to take over three other clubs but not OK for anyone to take them over?

I know Brentford fans will never see it this way as they'll only want to see it the way that helps them fuel their irrational hatred of us, but maybe, just maybe, they should look at their own owners of the day who drove this proposal forward.

It's always portrayed as "QPR's bid to take over Brentford" when it very much seems it was "Brentford approach QPR to buy" which are hugely different courses of action for the same potential end result.

But of course, where's the controversy, hate fuelling, headline grabbing in that?

[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 16:03]
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:14 - Apr 18 with 3856 viewsEsox_Lucius

What is their postcode again?

The grass is always greener.

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:14 - Apr 18 with 3799 viewskingo

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:01 - Apr 18 by Juzzie

From Brentford's own website there's a series of articles about it and it seems Brentford instigated the whole thing themselves. Despite the tone of the articles being very much against QPR, there's no hding from the facts that they approached QPR and QPR took up what seemed a good offer to make use of a then better ground that otherwise may get demolished. There's no mention at all on anything I've seen or read that shows QPR took the front foot in order to try and get the ground from an ailing club.

OK, QPR could probably have just said 'no' but that would have meant Brentford may have definitely folded and who knows what would have happened to the ground.

At a Griffin Park meeting "scriptwriter Alan Simpson proclaiming that “in a few years’ time we will be able to take over Fulham, Chelsea, AND Queens Park Rangers”."

OK, I taken two snapshots but what I can tell we actually helped SAVE Brentford as it got press coverage and mobilised the fans to take action and the comment from Alan Simpson is double-standards...... it's OK for them to take over three other clubs but not OK for anyone to take them over?

I know Brentford fans will never see it this way as they'll only want to see it the way that helps them fuel their irrational hatred of us, but maybe, just maybe, they should look at their own owners of the day who drove this proposal forward.

It's always portrayed as "QPR's bid to take over Brentford" when it very much seems it was "Brentford approach QPR to buy" which are hugely different courses of action for the same potential end result.

But of course, where's the controversy, hate fuelling, headline grabbing in that?

[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 16:03]

I have pointed this very point out several times but as I said the wall of silence is deafening. They sent a delegation to our match at Loftus Road to seek out Jim Gregory and put their case and ask him to financially help them, as the tax man was literally doing to liquidate them in a matter of hours. As you say a headline in the papers then mobilised their fans to save their club. There was NO hostile takeover.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:37 - Apr 18 with 3760 viewsNov77

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:20 - Apr 18 by daveB

to be fair we had just scored 2 goals in injury time, could have been against Exeter and would expect him to react like that

to win maybe, not to draw though, and to then turn round and tell fans who left early not to come back was pathetic.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 3685 viewsDorse

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:14 - Apr 18 by kingo

I have pointed this very point out several times but as I said the wall of silence is deafening. They sent a delegation to our match at Loftus Road to seek out Jim Gregory and put their case and ask him to financially help them, as the tax man was literally doing to liquidate them in a matter of hours. As you say a headline in the papers then mobilised their fans to save their club. There was NO hostile takeover.

Sounds like the sort of thing that should be preceded by: 'CITIZENS OF EARTH...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 16:37 - Apr 18 with 3677 viewskingo

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 16:26 - Apr 18 by Dorse

Sounds like the sort of thing that should be preceded by: 'CITIZENS OF EARTH...'

That is Jim Gregory isn't it ??

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 19:52 - Apr 18 with 3575 viewsdaveB

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 15:37 - Apr 18 by Nov77

to win maybe, not to draw though, and to then turn round and tell fans who left early not to come back was pathetic.

I disagree, come from 2 down with a minute to go against anyone to get a draw and you are going to celebrate. he was right about the fans as well, loads left and gave up early then threw a hissy fit and still go on about it now when he pointed out they should have stayed.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 08:59 - Apr 19 with 3377 viewsR_from_afar

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 19:52 - Apr 18 by daveB

I disagree, come from 2 down with a minute to go against anyone to get a draw and you are going to celebrate. he was right about the fans as well, loads left and gave up early then threw a hissy fit and still go on about it now when he pointed out they should have stayed.

Telling the fans not to come back is going too far but come on, would you rather have someone who is fired up and passionate about Rangers or a Redknapp type who is aloof, takes no pride in managing us and who is just in it for the money? Ollie cares, is fully motivated and is desperate for us to do well.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 11:53 - Apr 19 with 3306 viewsNov77

I hope At the fans forum podcast they ask Clint hill to expand on what he meant when he said the biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations.

not enough fans recognise the importance of what he's saying

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:08 - Apr 19 with 3273 viewsDiscodroids

I'm just hanging some bumble bee farrow and ball wallpaper in suffield green and bespoke gold in the spare bedroom for when our guests take of rest after a day touring the lowlands of leigh on sea.

According to the supplicant notes within the wrapping, 'This wallpaper was originally found in Josephine Bonaparte’s bed chamber as a silk fabric. Featuring an enchanting myriad of bumble bees and sprinkled with cheeky polka dots, this is a hypnotic design that inspires a beguiling sense of childish innocence and playfulness'.. yet all i can think of when i look at the wallpaper is that maris piper medicine ball headed brentford fan with the ziggy stardust no eyebrow/eyelash combo shaking his lumpen pisshoof at clint hill.

I'm going to send it back.

[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:10]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:34 - Apr 19 with 3233 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 11:53 - Apr 19 by Nov77

I hope At the fans forum podcast they ask Clint hill to expand on what he meant when he said the biggest danger we face is the lowering of standards and expectations.

If you/fans don't understand the context of what he's saying then how is it important?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:36]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:42 - Apr 19 with 3204 viewsstevec

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 11:53 - Apr 19 by Nov77

Too right, been saying this for the last 3 barren years.

As a great philosopher once said 'we want the best, we won't settle for less'
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:59 - Apr 19 with 3172 viewsMick_S

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:42 - Apr 19 by stevec

Too right, been saying this for the last 3 barren years.

As a great philosopher once said 'we want the best, we won't settle for less'

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 13:45 - Apr 19 with 3091 viewsNov77

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:34 - Apr 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

If you/fans don't understand the context of what he's saying then how is it important?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:36]

I do understand its importance, thats why I mentioned it!

When a manger lowers fans expectations down to his level of competence that's when the mediocre is treated as triumph.

clint hill recognises this and I hope he expands on it at the forum as people
Might actually listen to him

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 13:58 - Apr 19 with 3078 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 13:45 - Apr 19 by Nov77

I do understand its importance, thats why I mentioned it!

When a manger lowers fans expectations down to his level of competence that's when the mediocre is treated as triumph.

clint hill recognises this and I hope he expands on it at the forum as people
Might actually listen to him

Fair enough, although I'd be surprised if that's the context of what he said.

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:04 - Apr 19 with 3066 viewsNov77

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 13:58 - Apr 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

Fair enough, although I'd be surprised if that's the context of what he said.

What do you think he meant?

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:15 - Apr 19 with 3042 viewsNov77

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 12:08 - Apr 19 by Discodroids

I'm just hanging some bumble bee farrow and ball wallpaper in suffield green and bespoke gold in the spare bedroom for when our guests take of rest after a day touring the lowlands of leigh on sea.

According to the supplicant notes within the wrapping, 'This wallpaper was originally found in Josephine Bonaparte’s bed chamber as a silk fabric. Featuring an enchanting myriad of bumble bees and sprinkled with cheeky polka dots, this is a hypnotic design that inspires a beguiling sense of childish innocence and playfulness'.. yet all i can think of when i look at the wallpaper is that maris piper medicine ball headed brentford fan with the ziggy stardust no eyebrow/eyelash combo shaking his lumpen pisshoof at clint hill.

I'm going to send it back.

[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:10]

Reminds me of oscar wildes last words on his deathbed 'either that wallpaper goes or i do'

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 18:14 - Apr 19 with 2884 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 14:04 - Apr 19 by Nov77

What do you think he meant?

I'm not sure. I've only read about it on here. I've never seen the actual interview. Perhaps I should. I'd be surprised if he's publicly criticising Holloway. Can't see any reason why he would.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 18:14]

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 2594 viewsNov77

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:52 - Apr 21 with 2554 viewsessextaxiboy

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 17:37 - Apr 21 by Nov77

FFS.....
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 19:14 - Apr 21 with 2424 viewsWatford_Ranger

We dragged them down to our level at times so guess we did do some stuff.
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 09:47 - Apr 22 with 2140 viewsRangersw12

So as expected Olly looks a but silly with his comments. We didn't do anything of the sort and Brentford had 2 or 3 gears to go through if they needed to.

Embarrassing performance , we really are the s##t of West London
We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 10:38 - Apr 22 with 2100 viewsDannyPaddox

We’re going to force Brentford “to do all sorts of stuff” on 16:26 - Apr 18 by Dorse

Peacock the merciless.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 12:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024