Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cuba 10:36 - Apr 17 with 8101 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone been? Any recommendations?
Cuba on 22:40 - Apr 18 with 1580 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cuba on 16:41 - Apr 18 by BostonR

Shitehole.

Backward Govt keeping the majority of the people poor. Havana is derelict and falling down. Great beaches but the hotels are poor standard compared to elsewhere.

Yeah, must be the government and not the 60 year long embargo and trade blockade.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 22:42]
Cuba on 22:43 - Apr 18 with 1576 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I must confess this isn’t a jolly, as I’m going as part of a TU delegation so probably won’t get round to all the places you guys mentioned but cheers for the advice.
Cuba on 22:52 - Apr 18 with 1567 viewsFredManRave

Can you bring me back a big fat one...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Cuba on 07:28 - Apr 19 with 1517 viewsHanoi_r2017

Pretty much the same review as everyone else, albeit I went in 1997 and 2004.
Vinales in the west with huge limestone outcrops and jungle, home to Cuba's tobacco-growing is well worth a visit, as is Trinidad, and the beach at Varadero is amazing.
Found Havana a bit hard work due to touts, but the architecture and historical sites and museums make it ok for a few days.
Cuba on 11:16 - Apr 19 with 1479 viewskarl

Cuba on 22:43 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I must confess this isn’t a jolly, as I’m going as part of a TU delegation so probably won’t get round to all the places you guys mentioned but cheers for the advice.

You'll defo be going to the Che Guevara Mausoleum then!
Cuba on 11:36 - Apr 19 with 1473 viewsBushRanger82

Had the chance to go a few years ago. Regret that I didn't now. Go, before the yanks go and fornicate it up completely.
Cuba on 11:40 - Apr 19 with 1470 viewsBlackCrowe

Cuba on 16:41 - Apr 18 by BostonR

Shitehole.

Backward Govt keeping the majority of the people poor. Havana is derelict and falling down. Great beaches but the hotels are poor standard compared to elsewhere.

Couldn't disagree more. Tired and faded for sure, but amazing architecture, atmosphere and people. And great music everywhere you go and rum. Unlike anywhere I've ever been before or since.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cuba on 11:45 - Apr 19 with 1465 viewsolderR

Cuba on 22:52 - Apr 18 by FredManRave

Can you bring me back a big fat one...

Cigar or woman?
Login to get fewer ads

Cuba on 11:56 - Apr 19 with 1458 viewsolderR

Went a few years back, good holiday for all the reasons mentioned in other posts.
The thing that amazed me having watched TV progs of people keeping old american cars on the road with great ingenuity was the number of new cars.The place was crawling with Peugeots BMWs and Mercs. Still if you can't buy house you have to spend your money on something. Talking of money, do they still have the two currency thing, one for the locals and one for tourists? The trick they warn you about was that the local currency was worth a lot less than the tourist, so you give then a high value bill for a purchase and they give you the change in local. The numbers on the bill are the same but worth next to nothing.
Cuba on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 1355 viewsTacticalR

Never been but I don't think you can beat that classic Cuban sound:

( Great lyrics by the way https://lyricstranslate.com/en/amor-verdadero-true-love.html-0 )

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024