Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throw ins and who should take them 14:56 - Apr 17 with 1320 viewsenfieldargh

long throws, Darnell seems to be getting the nod with his looping throw to the corner of the 6 yard box whereas Robinson's Exocets which could go out the other side of the pitch seems to be ignored lately.

I dont think we scored many from these long throws but they can cause panic with some deferences .

I think Furlong on the end of a robinson throw could be effective. Guess while Neds out we need Robbos speed to hang back as last line of defence.

I dont think Robinsons throw ins have been utuilsed that much. i'm sure if he played against us he'd be bombing them in at every opportunity.

As for general throrwins we are of more danger to ourselves than the opposition

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Throw ins and who should take them on 15:21 - Apr 17 with 1300 viewsNorthernr

Maybe they're thinking Furlong will be around next season and Robinson won't...
Throw ins and who should take them on 18:44 - Apr 17 with 1183 viewsterryb

Is it not that Furlong takes them on the right & Robinson on the left? As we play down our right side far more that could explain why Furlong takes more.

As a concept a long throw can be effective, but God help us if we become a team that is reliant on them!
Throw ins and who should take them on 22:20 - Apr 17 with 1131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm pretty sure that I commented on a couple of recent freds that Robinson wasn't being called up to take the left-sided ones of late, which we've been taking short, I think.

I would say it's a case of keeping his pace at the back as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Throw ins and who should take them on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 1118 viewsLblock

Now here’s a thing I’ve been moaning about (who me?!?!) about the game in general at the moment

Why don’t the defending team ever pick up the thrower anymore?

The rule on foul throws is very rarely used anymore, players regularly dolly the ball into play. Why?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Throw ins and who should take them on 02:19 - Apr 18 with 1070 viewstimcocking

That was yet another attribute of Jack Robinson which i forgot to include alongside his pace, agility, cost, salary, creativity, composure, excellent on and off pitch attitude (uh, captain), versatility, good left foot etc. His long throws genuinely are a useful asset.

Ps If anybodies interested, i used to take our throws in my last eleven-a-side team, because we had a competition and i could throw it pretty much twice as far as everybody else. Well, two of us could. It's as if most people just can't manage it for some reason.
Throw ins and who should take them on 03:20 - Apr 18 with 1064 viewsSydneyRs

Definitely not my son. He got penalised for two foul throws in last weekend's under 12s game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024