Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te 12:21 - Apr 18 with 3110 viewsBlackCrowe

Travesty.

The BBC has lost the rights to cover England's upcoming cricket tours of Sri Lanka and the West Indies on radio to commercial broadcaster TalkSport.

It is the first time since 2005 that the BBC's Test Match Special has lost the rights to an England overseas tour.

"I know our loyal @bbctms listeners will be very disappointed," wrote commentator Jonathan Agnew on Twitter.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 12:50 - Apr 18 with 3030 viewssmegma

And knowing talk$hite, they won't be at the games but will just commentate on the tv images.
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 12:58 - Apr 18 with 2996 viewskingsburyR

Sponsored by Selco obviously!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:07 - Apr 18 with 2968 viewsBlackCrowe

Betting adverts with latest prices in perpetuity.

Along with fake outraged heated debvates with 'Goughy' et al on who was better WG Grace or Joe Root.

Oh god, it's all too depressing.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:28 - Apr 18 with 2924 viewsR_from_afar

Do you think Tuffers and Aggers would fancy a stint commentating on QPR Player?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:35 - Apr 18 with 2896 viewsDavieQPR

Always seems players only get picked regularly for England if you can add the prefix of ...ie' As in Rootie,Cookie ,Broadie. Commentators it's ...ers. Athers, Aggers etc.
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:37 - Apr 18 with 2891 viewsLunarJetman

"the first time since 2005"

Who had it before then?
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:40 - Apr 18 with 2877 viewsBoston

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:37 - Apr 18 by LunarJetman

"the first time since 2005"

Who had it before then?

Disney

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 14:03 - Apr 18 with 2838 viewsToast_R

What no Jack Bannister?
Login to get fewer ads

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 14:42 - Apr 18 with 2787 viewsbosh67

The only up side is that they may put Andy Jacobs on to commentate and although he is a scum fan he is actually a pretty good cricket commentator. That said they'll probably stick Porky Parry on it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 12:57 - Apr 19 with 2437 viewspaulparker

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 14:03 - Apr 18 by Toast_R

What no Jack Bannister?

He is Hovis

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 13:35 - Apr 19 with 2394 viewsMrSheen

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 12:57 - Apr 19 by paulparker

He is Hovis

As is Blue Square, who he had to mention every two minutes. They’ll probably get Ray Winstone to replace him.
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 18:47 - Apr 19 with 2241 viewsCiderwithRsie

A piece in the Grauniad went all Devil's Advocate and said it'd be good to try something different, that while most of us cricket fans loved Blowers some of the people who don't watch cricket now found him off-putting - which I sort of get. But why can't there be a choice? Like tabloids and broadsheet papers, BBC4 and Channel 5 - why can't there be one broadcaster maybe going all gritty and urban yoof if they want, while someone else sticks with tradition (and no ******** adverts by some shouty **** for ******** **** I don't want)?

If they're a different audience then you don't need a monopoly anyway and you could get two (maybe reduced) fees which should be more than one big one. Typical ECB, total contempt for the cricket fan.
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 19:07 - Apr 19 with 2224 viewsCamberleyR

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 18:47 - Apr 19 by CiderwithRsie

A piece in the Grauniad went all Devil's Advocate and said it'd be good to try something different, that while most of us cricket fans loved Blowers some of the people who don't watch cricket now found him off-putting - which I sort of get. But why can't there be a choice? Like tabloids and broadsheet papers, BBC4 and Channel 5 - why can't there be one broadcaster maybe going all gritty and urban yoof if they want, while someone else sticks with tradition (and no ******** adverts by some shouty **** for ******** **** I don't want)?

If they're a different audience then you don't need a monopoly anyway and you could get two (maybe reduced) fees which should be more than one big one. Typical ECB, total contempt for the cricket fan.

It's not the ECB (for once) this time. They don't have any jurisdiction over foreign broadcast rights. The deals were done with the Sri Lankan and West Indian cricket boards.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 2195 viewsDiscodroids

Stopped listening to talksport around 10 years ago. It's unbearable.

If i had to listen to it all day and its mouldering presenters talking into the abyss about paul pogba's itchy piles, sergio aguero's mild athletes foot and the pubis structural integrity of andy carrolls latest Towie sloshpot, all interspersed with adverts for ginsters steak pepper slices, i would fall into the white light void of insanity. fu ck that.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 19:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 21:05 - Apr 19 with 2121 viewsCiderwithRsie

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 19:07 - Apr 19 by CamberleyR

It's not the ECB (for once) this time. They don't have any jurisdiction over foreign broadcast rights. The deals were done with the Sri Lankan and West Indian cricket boards.

Ah, thanks, I should have thought of that. Makes a change, I suppose.
TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 22:04 - Apr 19 with 2070 viewsKonk

Talksport is a radio station for the type of person that’s prepared to get into a full blown row about whether or not Ronaldo is better than Messi, whether Chelsea can go all the way in the Champions League, and whether Wenger has absolutely got to go because he’s killing the club. Thankfully, the station’s presenters manage to come across exactly like the punters; shouty, dim fuc kers watching Champions League football in a shi t pub, in a shit town and telling you all about it. With some daft tw at trying to sell you carpet/a car/insurance every five minutes. Talk sport is for silly cu nts who clap subs on/off when they’re watching Liverpool v Basle on the telly in a bland Town centre pub. It’s for people who have top footy bantz at work and get suicidal when their team draw with Burnley, despite only ever having done the stadium tour at Anfield/Old Trafford/Stamford fu cking Bridge. And yes, I am a fuc king snob (obvs - coyw)
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:14]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 22:31 - Apr 19 with 2029 viewsted_hendrix

What about the superb Bumble and the magnificent Henry Blofeld, now I could listen to those two nutcases talking about cricket on just about any radio station going, but I'd probably have to draw the line if they were on Talkcompleteandutterboloxinanendlessstreamofnothingless.

Incidentally Selco isn't where the trade goes.

'Blowers' LOL brilliant
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 23:20]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 22:42 - Apr 19 with 2012 viewsPunteR

TMS lost rights to Talksh*te on 22:31 - Apr 19 by ted_hendrix

What about the superb Bumble and the magnificent Henry Blofeld, now I could listen to those two nutcases talking about cricket on just about any radio station going, but I'd probably have to draw the line if they were on Talkcompleteandutterboloxinanendlessstreamofnothingless.

Incidentally Selco isn't where the trade goes.

'Blowers' LOL brilliant
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 23:20]

Selcos timber makes great fire wood and that's about it.

Stopped listening to talksport about 4 years ago when my van radio broke and i couldnt listen on the AM frequency. Tape player still works though..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024