Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds away 13:29 - Apr 18 with 7398 viewsHayesender

£39 for a meaningless game on a Sunday with an early kick off. They can shove that up their hole

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Leeds away on 13:34 - Apr 18 with 5681 viewsqprxtc

Put that in a big barrel of f*cks and f*ck the f*ck off.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 18:59]
Leeds away on 13:58 - Apr 18 with 5633 viewsNoelmc

I’m sure it will be shown live on Leeds United TV (Sky Sports). Virtually all their other games are!
Leeds away on 14:33 - Apr 18 with 5564 viewsSydneyRs

A bargain for the chance to visit the home of the "Champions of Europe". Not only that but the local hospitality is second to none.
Leeds away on 14:47 - Apr 18 with 5529 viewsbosh67

£39 seems quite reasonable to me. By the time I have landed my helicopter there and had my lobster lunch £39 is a bit of steal really for a chance to see two teams womble around Elland Road looking at holiday brochures.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Leeds away on 14:53 - Apr 18 with 5520 viewsStanisgod

After the stupendous season we've had away from home perhaps Uncle Tony would lay on free coach travel as a thank you

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Leeds away on 10:32 - Apr 19 with 5135 viewssmegma

I will be watching it in my local pub.

Free to get in and £3.50 a pint. So £21 should cover the whole day. And I don't have to leave at 5.30am, I shall leave at about 12.15 and arrive at about 12.17
Leeds away on 11:24 - Apr 19 with 5082 viewsBushRanger82

£39.00?
I won't be giving Leeds that, not in a month of Sundays.
Leeds away on 12:28 - Apr 24 with 4736 viewsDannyPaddox

Wherever the Rs are playing, and wherever the Rs are in the league, a group of us always go to last away game and make a weekend of it. Been planning it for months. Was going to stay in York. Take in a bit of culture and a few beers, and of course the last chance for a superhoop away day for a few months. Not this season. Not at £39 a ticket. I'd advise anyone not to go. If you pay that amount for a ticket for that game you're saying: "Yeah fleece me all you want from here on in"

We're not Arsenal (thank god), we don't have a line of Piers Morgan's ready to shell out stupid money to be seen at the 'beautiful' game. You wouldn't pay £5 for a bowl of cereal so don't pay near on £40 for 90 minutes of mid-table meaninglessness. I know it's the home team that sets the prices but If the numbers are embarrassingly low the club (our club) will take note then maybe it won't happen again.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 12:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds away on 12:33 - Apr 24 with 4711 viewsMick_S

Leeds away on 12:28 - Apr 24 by DannyPaddox

Wherever the Rs are playing, and wherever the Rs are in the league, a group of us always go to last away game and make a weekend of it. Been planning it for months. Was going to stay in York. Take in a bit of culture and a few beers, and of course the last chance for a superhoop away day for a few months. Not this season. Not at £39 a ticket. I'd advise anyone not to go. If you pay that amount for a ticket for that game you're saying: "Yeah fleece me all you want from here on in"

We're not Arsenal (thank god), we don't have a line of Piers Morgan's ready to shell out stupid money to be seen at the 'beautiful' game. You wouldn't pay £5 for a bowl of cereal so don't pay near on £40 for 90 minutes of mid-table meaninglessness. I know it's the home team that sets the prices but If the numbers are embarrassingly low the club (our club) will take note then maybe it won't happen again.

Good for you.

If I took my son, I'd be looking at a £150.00 (ish) day for a game of football.

Absolute pony.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 12:39]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Leeds away on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 4655 viewsmikeygunn

I live in Wetherby, have an LS postcode but Leeds can do one at those prices. Set myself a £35 limit a few years ago (apart from exceptional circumstances) and I see no reason to break that now.
Leeds away on 13:09 - Apr 24 with 4595 viewsloftboy

The FA are charging £115 for a cup final ticket that cost £65 in the semis, I thought £65 was scandalous, the game is slowly driving away the heart of what it’s all about, once it’s no longer “ fashionable” for the “sky era” fans to attend games there will be no one left.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Leeds away on 17:27 - Apr 24 with 4415 viewsWesty75

They’ve just announced two post-season friendlies in Myanmar, no doubt a safe distance from where the Rohingya are being butchered. What a lovely club they are.
Leeds away on 17:55 - Apr 24 with 4381 viewssmegma

Leeds away on 13:09 - Apr 24 by loftboy

The FA are charging £115 for a cup final ticket that cost £65 in the semis, I thought £65 was scandalous, the game is slowly driving away the heart of what it’s all about, once it’s no longer “ fashionable” for the “sky era” fans to attend games there will be no one left.

You don't want to look at the prices for Russia 2018
Leeds away on 18:03 - Apr 24 with 4365 viewsstowmarketrange

Leeds away on 17:55 - Apr 24 by smegma

You don't want to look at the prices for Russia 2018

Does that include a suit of armour and a gas mask?
Leeds away on 04:10 - Apr 25 with 4224 viewstimcocking

Leeds away on 17:27 - Apr 24 by Westy75

They’ve just announced two post-season friendlies in Myanmar, no doubt a safe distance from where the Rohingya are being butchered. What a lovely club they are.

Yes, that struck me as unfcukingbelievable when i read it. The depths football will sink to seems to know no bounds.
Leeds away on 09:18 - Apr 25 with 4127 viewsqprxtc

Leeds away on 12:28 - Apr 24 by DannyPaddox

Amen Danny.

Rangers should have just sent the tickets back to Leeds with a note saying 'Stop taking the f***ing piss. Now f**k off'.

I hope not one Rangers fan turns up.
Leeds away on 14:55 - Apr 25 with 4042 viewspaesanu

To whoever attends this fixture, let me know what your job is cos you're getting paid too much and I want it!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Leeds away on 11:13 - May 2 with 3834 viewsBushRanger82

If what I'm told is true, the piss take gets worse.
Fans who turn up on the day and pay at the gate pay an extra £5.00.
£44.00.

First away game I've missed in a while, but I'm sorry, Leeds Utd can fornicate with themselves.
Leeds away on 11:43 - May 2 with 3736 viewsnix

In comparison, for Derby game for instance, we charge £33 for higher price and £28 for lower price adult tickets. Given that wages etc, (non footballer) and therefore costs are likely to be higher in London, it’s hard to see how they justify their higher charges.
Leeds away on 12:40 - May 2 with 3648 viewsHayesender

Leeds away on 11:13 - May 2 by BushRanger82

If what I'm told is true, the piss take gets worse.
Fans who turn up on the day and pay at the gate pay an extra £5.00.
£44.00.

First away game I've missed in a while, but I'm sorry, Leeds Utd can fornicate with themselves.

TBF our club charges an extra £5 for paying on the day. For people like me who work a lot of Saturday's and sometime don't know until the day of the game if I can make it or not, is very unfair

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Leeds away on 13:40 - May 2 with 3571 viewsLythamR

Leeds away on 12:40 - May 2 by Hayesender

TBF our club charges an extra £5 for paying on the day. For people like me who work a lot of Saturday's and sometime don't know until the day of the game if I can make it or not, is very unfair

They need to charge more for pay on the day otherwise they would miss out on some booking fees.

Realistically it should be cheaper to pay on the day, you risk not getting in if it sells out, there are no admin or postal fees etc
Leeds away on 13:46 - May 2 with 3558 viewsNorthernr

Leeds away on 12:40 - May 2 by Hayesender

Football's gone away from pay on the day more and more, another drawback of taking terraces away.

There's a multitude of reasons for it at QPR:
- They want to know how many people are coming for policing, stewarding, programmes, catering orders and costs.
- The ground isn't well set up for a load of ticket sales on the day - already big queue at the box office at 2.50 as it is. Wouldn't be able to cope with 3-4000 people turning up at 2.30 with cash expecting to get in.
- If you rely heavily on your walk up punters then you'd be very badly effected by unpredictable things like weather, crash on the westway etc. Wake up in the morning thinking you might go to QPR Preston only to find it heaving it down and you might not bother, but if you've already bought your ticket you'll probably still go and the club gets the money anyway.

But I agree with you it does seem counter intuitive, particularly in our new 'every penny counts' era, to be actively discouraging people who might be in your situation, or find themselves at a loose end on a Saturday, from coming.

Perhaps the solution to this is similar to the new cheap Y Block season tickets. Have an area of the ground, lower School End maybe, where the walk up cost is the same as the advance cost, but once they're gone they're gone.
Leeds away on 13:59 - May 2 with 3515 viewsHollowayHoop

By way of comparison, tickets in the away end at Man U v Arsenal last week were £30. FFS.
Leeds away on 15:44 - May 2 with 3428 viewsPinnerPaul

Leeds away on 13:59 - May 2 by HollowayHoop

By way of comparison, tickets in the away end at Man U v Arsenal last week were £30. FFS.

Very high price, but the fact there is nothing on the game is irrelevant.

We wouldn't have charged Birmingham fans any less if they had 2 more points and were therefore safe.
Leeds away on 15:45 - May 2 with 3423 viewsNorthernr

Leeds away on 13:59 - May 2 by HollowayHoop

Premier League have capped all away tickets at £30 this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024