Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town 15:46 - Apr 18 with 12534 viewsLunarJetman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43814308
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:04 - Apr 18 with 2608 viewsPeterHucker

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 22:51 - Apr 18 with 2554 viewsSimonJames

If you had to chose between having Joey as manager or 'Arry...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 22:59 - Apr 18 with 2536 viewsFDC

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 19:52 - Apr 18 by NoDiddley

Read his autobiography.

Got given it by my brother in law. Couldn't bring myself to read it even out of politeness, but did flick to the bits where QPR are mentioned. Just the most self-unaware, delusional, hubristric dross imaginable
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 23:45 - Apr 18 with 2497 viewsDannyPaddox

Joey Barton reveals his assistant at Fleetwood.

JB "Top guy. Similar football managerial experience"
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 03:44 - Apr 19 with 2422 viewstimcocking

He's done so many things i could dislike him for, but i'm not usually one for holding grudges too much and i can't help but find him likeable for all his faults. I guess it's the bit in me that automatically likes people who are brave enough to express their opinions in this day and age of fascists in the media and on social media trying to surpress people's opinions. I bet if i was in a team with Joey, we'd have got on well and i bet if we chatted in a pub i'd like him. Pleased to see he's had the guts to try it, he'll be well aware their are plenty of people eagerly waiting to put the boot in if it goes wrong. Good luck Joey.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 05:00 - Apr 19 with 2393 viewsisawqpratwcity

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 03:44 - Apr 19 by timcocking

He's done so many things i could dislike him for, but i'm not usually one for holding grudges too much and i can't help but find him likeable for all his faults. I guess it's the bit in me that automatically likes people who are brave enough to express their opinions in this day and age of fascists in the media and on social media trying to surpress people's opinions. I bet if i was in a team with Joey, we'd have got on well and i bet if we chatted in a pub i'd like him. Pleased to see he's had the guts to try it, he'll be well aware their are plenty of people eagerly waiting to put the boot in if it goes wrong. Good luck Joey.

I wish him well, too, though I can't say I like him.

The guy suffers from the fact that he is a prat: genuine, first class, A-grade prat. It's something that must cost him, in some way, every single day of his life. Everything from the bookings and suspensions that he gets because he lacks impulse control, to people picking on him because they think him to be a loud-mouth opinionated git (correctly) and they can't help but try to prove themselves a bigger LMOG than him, to alienating even supporters because who he thinks he is is too important to allow any concession of admitting to wrong-doing.

It's like he f*cked up in a previous life and wanted to redeem himself but was only given another chance on condition that he carry the cross of this god-awful personality through-out.

Somewhere in there, there is a reasonable footballer and maybe even a half-decent bloke (emphasis on maybe) still looking to do some good. I don't share the almost visceral hatred that most on this site have for the bloke, but it's not like I can't understand it.

Good luck, Joey. Remember that most of the battles you will face are still within yourself.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 07:20 - Apr 19 with 2342 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Takes control a few days before the World Cup. Putin must be sat in the Kremlin spitting feathers; now that his World Cup will be completely overshadowed by the global demand of news from Fleetwood. It’s as if Pirlo planned it that way himself.

Number 29: Queens Park Rangers, will play number 45, Fleet.....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 07:37 - Apr 19 with 2328 viewsstuabd

It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to the first player who gives him some negative feedback on his methods/tactics.

Could be another Big Jim Magilton moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 07:53 - Apr 19 with 2315 viewsPhildo

Didn't Roy Keane get the highest ever scores in his coaching badges at the time leading to people saying he was going to be a great manager- wind forward a few months and he was assaulting nobo-boards at Sunderland.

This will end badly. The player I have most disliked wearing the hoops in my 40 years supporting the club.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:01 - Apr 19 with 2302 viewsdistortR

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 07:20 - Apr 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Takes control a few days before the World Cup. Putin must be sat in the Kremlin spitting feathers; now that his World Cup will be completely overshadowed by the global demand of news from Fleetwood. It’s as if Pirlo planned it that way himself.

Number 29: Queens Park Rangers, will play number 45, Fleet.....

oh god no, that would be unbearable.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:14 - Apr 19 with 2284 viewspaulparker

I hate the cnt and I hate the fact he ever represented our club a bit like vinny jones , I cant stand his snivelling nasal tones on talksport either , he will be sacked by October and then end up playing for Blackpool or someone

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:33 - Apr 19 with 2267 viewsHooparoo

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:14 - Apr 19 by paulparker

I hate the cnt and I hate the fact he ever represented our club a bit like vinny jones , I cant stand his snivelling nasal tones on talksport either , he will be sacked by October and then end up playing for Blackpool or someone

Barton wouldn’t be the first manager who was a c@nt would he?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 8:35]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:41 - Apr 19 with 2257 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've thought long and hard about this and my considered opinion is:

I really don't care.

I am however very glad that I no longer have to care about Joey Barton.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:51 - Apr 19 with 2240 viewsHooparoo

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:41 - Apr 19 by CiderwithRsie

I've thought long and hard about this and my considered opinion is:

I really don't care.

I am however very glad that I no longer have to care about Joey Barton.

Amen

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:53 - Apr 19 with 2233 viewsNorthernr

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 03:44 - Apr 19 by timcocking

Or you might have said slightly the wrong thing to him and had a cigar stubbed out in your eye. Still, brilliant that he's such a bravely outspoken rebel isn't it?
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 09:06 - Apr 19 with 2206 viewsTacticalR

A rebel, but of what kind?
Granero the new Joey Barton by Antti_Heinola 13 Dec 2012 10:58
Uurghhh.

Air hostess clique

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 09:10 - Apr 19 with 2201 viewssimmo

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:14 - Apr 19 by paulparker

Fúckin A. The guy is a prize cnt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:02 - Apr 19 with 2119 viewsstevec

I've never fully grasped this requirement for coaching badges before you become a manager. Surely the one who needs coaching badges is the coach.

What part of the manual teaches charisma or reverence?

I'm sure Chris Ramsey is overloaded with coaching badges, I suspect he's a decent coach. But a manager? Don't think so.

Did Clough rely on them, doubt it. Ferguson? Shankly?

I suspect these days Dyche has got the lot but I can't help thinking it's the reverence of the man that makes him the manager he is, not the fckin coaching badges.

Barton is a different kettle of fish but if he can put the lid on his ego, can ball someone out without upsetting the rest of the team, then he might just have the charisma and gain the reverence over time to carry it out.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:13 - Apr 19 with 2108 viewssmegma

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 19:52 - Apr 18 by NoDiddley

Read his autobiography.

No thanks
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 2097 viewssmegma

When Barton was about to sign I was among about 6 posters on here who were against it. When he started playing for us, again I was among a group of about 6 posters who were against his selection.

Then as soon as he leaves us there's about 6 posters on here who still rate him.

Funny that.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:26 - Apr 19 with 2079 viewsqprxtc

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 23:45 - Apr 18 by DannyPaddox

Joey Barton reveals his assistant at Fleetwood.

JB "Top guy. Similar football managerial experience"

A picture from the very bowels of Satan.
Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:36 - Apr 19 with 2070 viewsEsox_Lucius

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:19 - Apr 19 by smegma

When Barton was about to sign I was among about 6 posters on here who were against it. When he started playing for us, again I was among a group of about 6 posters who were against his selection.

Then as soon as he leaves us there's about 6 posters on here who still rate him.

Funny that.

You can put me firmly in the first two categories but definitely not in the last one. I'd rather be reading his obituary.

The grass is always greener.

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:43 - Apr 19 with 2050 viewsMick_S

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:19 - Apr 19 by smegma

Funny that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:46 - Apr 19 with 2043 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:02 - Apr 19 by stevec

I've never fully grasped this requirement for coaching badges before you become a manager. Surely the one who needs coaching badges is the coach.

What part of the manual teaches charisma or reverence?

I'm sure Chris Ramsey is overloaded with coaching badges, I suspect he's a decent coach. But a manager? Don't think so.

Did Clough rely on them, doubt it. Ferguson? Shankly?

I suspect these days Dyche has got the lot but I can't help thinking it's the reverence of the man that makes him the manager he is, not the fckin coaching badges.

Barton is a different kettle of fish but if he can put the lid on his ego, can ball someone out without upsetting the rest of the team, then he might just have the charisma and gain the reverence over time to carry it out.

Actually, Ferguson thinks coaching badges are essential. Has contempt for anyone who thinks they shouldn't have to do them. And when you look at the proper football men who think they're worthless, you have to side with Fergie. The whole anti-coaching badges stuff among a certain group of ex-players has a lot to do with this country's complete inability to produce the kind of modern, innovative coaching we get from the continent and elsewhere.

You look at who 'coaches' and who 'manages' in the Prem. Hughes - no coaching by all accounts. Shit manager. Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp, Poch - all out on the training pitch. Warnock is of this old school you're talking about and we can see and will see if Cardiff go up, why that's not good enough for top level management these days.

People don't like Joey and his book is very funny for a lot of reasons, but he is pretty intelligent and he's worked hard with his badges. He absolutely nailed Redknapp and Hughes in his book too - he says exactly what we all say. He knows Redknapp is a charlatan and Hughes is a chancer. He always said he'd prefer to work with younger players, so bit surprised he's gone for this. Might work, might not, don't particularly care as I don't really like him and never got the adulation he got from some fans - but equally didn't really agree with the hatred from others.

Bare bones.

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 10:49 - Apr 19 with 2033 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton announced manager of Fleetwood Town on 08:53 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Or you might have said slightly the wrong thing to him and had a cigar stubbed out in your eye. Still, brilliant that he's such a bravely outspoken rebel isn't it?

I really don't want to be in the position of even slightly defending Barton. But the kid didn't say the wrong thing, he set Barton's shirt on fire. I reckon any one of us might be a little p!ssed off about that, no? I've read his book and while there's no excuse for what he did, his story of the whole event sounds pretty believable to me. Not that I like him one tiny bit.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024