Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle 22:17 - Apr 18 with 7191 viewsbosh67

Gone at 62. RIP. The scanners will fall silent for a minute at 11am.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 16:39 - Apr 19 with 2275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think free speech entitles people to their views but it doesn't guarantee them the divine right to be heard. If LFW, or another platform, or another citizen decides that they don't want to listen then that right should be just as enshrined as the original right to speech.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 16:40 - Apr 19 with 2272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP to Dale Winton. I didn't know much about the man but what little I knew was likeable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 17:08 - Apr 19 with 2221 views2Thomas2Bowles

I saw it this morning, I did not want to give him oxygen and I have other things on my mind.

It was full of hate in word and meaning and should never be given any kudos under the umbrella of free speech.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 17:08 - Apr 19 with 2218 views2Thomas2Bowles

RIP Dale

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 17:11 - Apr 19 with 2210 viewsngbqpr

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:30 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

In some ways I hoped that post would have been left up as I believe in free speech but as things developed I can see why Clive needed to take it down.

For those bewildered it was a homophobic comment and that poster is entitled to his views, however objectionable IMHO.

I don't think it was the views expressed per se that led to the deletion but perhaps a potential Blob / Brighton situation.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:37]

Blob / Brighton Situation...would've been a great name for a south coast post-punk band championed by Peel in the early 80s.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 17:40 - Apr 19 with 2176 viewsMrSheen

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 17:11 - Apr 19 by ngbqpr

Blob / Brighton Situation...would've been a great name for a south coast post-punk band championed by Peel in the early 80s.

Surely this was the original Brighton Blob Situation.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 17:51 - Apr 19 with 2170 viewsPunteR

Never really rated Winton on the tv . Always sad to hear about someone passing though. He seemed like a nice guy and i'm sure his family and friends will miss him. RIP

As for Loftinoz , the bloke goes out of his way to wind someone up for no reason at all. Not sure if he's been banned from here but can understand if he has.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 19:23 - Apr 19 with 2091 viewsBlackCrowe

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:28 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

I totally agree to a certain extent but I think bigots should be seen.

There is a massive debate at the moment in academia about no platforfming / safe spaces.

I used to be a no platformer but now I am not so sure. Let the bigots be seen (and derided) Nick Griffin springs to mind. If you no platform then filth like him will always try to claim a moral victory. Not that I am equating this with the poster deleted.

Germaine Greer feminist icon has been no-platformed for her views on transsexuals FFS. Not Good.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 13:31]

I get that of course, especially if it had have been a debate/thread about homosexuality but it wasn't. It was a thread about the death of someone in the public eye and it didn't warrant a deeply unpleasant homophobic comment.

At the end of the day LFW is about QPR and football and of course there's peripheral threads which add to the richness of the board but that was fckng horrible and pleased that mods deleted it. If i want to read that kind of poison, there's other sites out there.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 21:52 - Apr 19 with 2005 viewsnewgolddream

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 00:59 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

Seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

62 is no age but I think he lived it.

Loved his 'In It To Win Quiz Show' on the National Lottery programme. Rest in peace Dale.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 21:57 - Apr 19 with 2000 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 19:23 - Apr 19 by BlackCrowe

I get that of course, especially if it had have been a debate/thread about homosexuality but it wasn't. It was a thread about the death of someone in the public eye and it didn't warrant a deeply unpleasant homophobic comment.

At the end of the day LFW is about QPR and football and of course there's peripheral threads which add to the richness of the board but that was fckng horrible and pleased that mods deleted it. If i want to read that kind of poison, there's other sites out there.

www.theshedend.com
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 22:54 - Apr 19 with 1952 viewsSimonJames

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:28 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

I totally agree to a certain extent but I think bigots should be seen.

There is a massive debate at the moment in academia about no platforfming / safe spaces.

I used to be a no platformer but now I am not so sure. Let the bigots be seen (and derided) Nick Griffin springs to mind. If you no platform then filth like him will always try to claim a moral victory. Not that I am equating this with the poster deleted.

Germaine Greer feminist icon has been no-platformed for her views on transsexuals FFS. Not Good.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 13:31]

They gave Hitler a platform and that didn't end so well...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:02 - Apr 19 with 1932 viewseastside_r

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 22:54 - Apr 19 by SimonJames

They gave Hitler a platform and that didn't end so well...

Please don't get me wrong, I completely support Clive's editorial decision, that comment was inappropriate on this thread. I was just trying to open a debate. I was the first to call him out BTW.

Shalom.

Respect to Dale.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:05 - Apr 19 with 1921 viewsdublinr

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 19:23 - Apr 19 by BlackCrowe

Nicely put. The post and its timing were pretty repellant - not just the term used but the sentiment expressed. I like this board, and don't like to see it sullied. Clive was absolutely right to pull the post.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:29 - Apr 19 with 1884 viewseastside_r

FWIW. I think I got it wrong trying to broaden the debate. I also think I actually got it wrong.

Great comments on this thread. Love LFW.

I am not in a good place ATM.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:35 - Apr 19 with 1867 viewsPunteR

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:29 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

FWIW. I think I got it wrong trying to broaden the debate. I also think I actually got it wrong.

Hope things not too serious mate. You didn't get it wrong to broaden the debate imo, that's what message boards are for.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 01:43 - Apr 20 with 1818 viewsisawqpratwcity

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:29 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

Oi, calm down.

Stop beating yourself up, you said nothing out of order.

Take a deep breath and ask yourself "What would Brian do?" (No, not Brian McCarthy, Brian Griffin!!!!)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 01:45 - Apr 20 with 1811 viewsbob566

How does hitler end up on a dale winton thread?
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 07:15 - Apr 20 with 1703 viewsnix

Wasn’t you who got it wrong and the responses were directed at Loftinoz rather than you. Think it proved that we like a debate here, mindless bigots not so much.

Sorry to hear you are having rough time. Keep posting!
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:47 - Apr 20 with 1634 viewsMrSheen

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 01:45 - Apr 20 by bob566

How does hitler end up on a dale winton thread?

Freddie Starr? The Nazis’ back door into light entertainment.

Keep talking, Eastside.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:59 - Apr 20 with 1620 viewsDannyPaddox

This one's for Dale. RIP ✌🏼
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:55 - Apr 20 with 1524 viewssmegma

As much as it's sad that someone has died, I have searched everywhere and cannot find any discernible talent that he had. And I couldn't care less about his sexuality. He does appear to be universally loved in showbiz and comes across as a decent enough bloke though.

Anyone remember the Touch The Truck show??? Talk about shoite
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:04 - Apr 20 with 1507 viewsdaveB

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:55 - Apr 20 by smegma

As much as it's sad that someone has died, I have searched everywhere and cannot find any discernible talent that he had. And I couldn't care less about his sexuality. He does appear to be universally loved in showbiz and comes across as a decent enough bloke though.

Anyone remember the Touch The Truck show??? Talk about shoite

He was a pretty good tv presenter which takes some talent, made the most of what he had and was successful with it
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:13 - Apr 20 with 1486 viewssmegma

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:04 - Apr 20 by daveB

He was a pretty good tv presenter which takes some talent, made the most of what he had and was successful with it

Maybe, but for the last 70 minutes of any show he was pretty poor !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024