Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle 22:17 - Apr 18 with 7189 viewsbosh67

Gone at 62. RIP. The scanners will fall silent for a minute at 11am.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 22:44 - Apr 18 with 4841 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You are the Jessica Fletcher of LFW : )
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 4793 viewsted_hendrix

I use this MB exclusively to find out whom from the world of loosely termed entertainment has recently dropped dead.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 23:11 - Apr 18 with 4779 viewsFDC

Rest in peas
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 00:59 - Apr 19 with 4707 viewseastside_r

Seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

62 is no age but I think he lived it.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:33 - Apr 19 with 4366 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Nice fella, always said 'hello' unlike some others I could mention.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:38 - Apr 19 with 4349 viewsMrSheen

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:33 - Apr 19 by Metallica_Hoop

Nice fella, always said 'hello' unlike some others I could mention.

Shameless namedropping. Spill!
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:40 - Apr 19 with 4341 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:38 - Apr 19 by MrSheen

Shameless namedropping. Spill!

No just saying he always was friendly when I saw him.

I've worked for the Beeb for 17years.

BTW nearly finished 'Conquerors' great book. Vasco De Gama was a bastard! Any more to recommend? The last two have been top notch.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 8:42]

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 09:04 - Apr 19 with 4261 viewsMrSheen

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 08:40 - Apr 19 by Metallica_Hoop

No just saying he always was friendly when I saw him.

I've worked for the Beeb for 17years.

BTW nearly finished 'Conquerors' great book. Vasco De Gama was a bastard! Any more to recommend? The last two have been top notch.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 8:42]

Didn't realise, sorry. It's strange to think of the Portuguese as people the Vikings would cross the road to avoid, when you look at the low pain threshold of their footballers today.

Nothing to recommend on a nautical theme, but if you want some hidden history that will shock and amaze, try "Slavery By Another Name" by Douglas Blackmon. It's the story of how the South restored black slavery under a rigged justice system, harnessing workers for industrialisation and treating them even worse than slaves - they weren't property you had to look after, you could always arrest some more. For something lighter and more fluffy, try Golden Hill by Francis Spufford, a mystery set in 1740s New York, with some great period dialogue and detail.

PS Just spotted the Vietnam thread. Street Without Joy by Bernard Fall is the horrible story of the French disaster there in the 1950s. If someone had sent a copy to Washington...
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 9:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 09:15 - Apr 19 with 4212 viewsloftboy

RIP , always watched supermarket sweep back in the day.

Glad that Clive has taken down loftinoz’a post

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 09:17 - Apr 19 with 4205 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 09:04 - Apr 19 by MrSheen

Didn't realise, sorry. It's strange to think of the Portuguese as people the Vikings would cross the road to avoid, when you look at the low pain threshold of their footballers today.

Nothing to recommend on a nautical theme, but if you want some hidden history that will shock and amaze, try "Slavery By Another Name" by Douglas Blackmon. It's the story of how the South restored black slavery under a rigged justice system, harnessing workers for industrialisation and treating them even worse than slaves - they weren't property you had to look after, you could always arrest some more. For something lighter and more fluffy, try Golden Hill by Francis Spufford, a mystery set in 1740s New York, with some great period dialogue and detail.

PS Just spotted the Vietnam thread. Street Without Joy by Bernard Fall is the horrible story of the French disaster there in the 1950s. If someone had sent a copy to Washington...
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 9:10]

Thanks, I'll have a look later.

I'm about to re-read Richard Holmes 'Sahib' as I remember enjoying it but cant remember almost all of it as I bought it in Hardback when it was published in 2006.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 10:10 - Apr 19 with 4096 viewssmegma

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 09:15 - Apr 19 by loftboy

RIP , always watched supermarket sweep back in the day.

Glad that Clive has taken down loftinoz’a post

Was he being a grammar nazi again ???
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 10:35 - Apr 19 with 4049 viewsDannyPaddox

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 10:10 - Apr 19 by smegma

Was he being a grammar nazi again ???

A rather unnecessary term was used.

Anyway here's a Sheffield Wednesday football card from the 1980s.

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 10:42 - Apr 19 with 4031 viewssmegma

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 10:35 - Apr 19 by DannyPaddox

Oh dear, what a bellend.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 11:00 - Apr 19 with 3993 viewsDiscodroids

RIP Dale.

It's entirely possible, if not a certainty, that I was tripping on the broken beats of Menabrea lager late one saturday night on here, so my memory is hazy, however i remember a LFW regular (currently serving a match ban), Posting a supportive iberian psychoactive disquisition of Loftinoz and his remedial unsolicited grammatical tutelage to the LFW hoi polloi lower order commonality, Myself included.

This post drew as yet uncharted Key and pertinent ley lines between their own grandad casually garroting nazi's in their bunkers and the correct spelling of tricky words.

Thus if you can correctly spell for example, 'onyx', 'Hors d'oeuvre' and 'Presbyterian' on a football message board then you are deploying the one true weapon to combat fascism in all of its manifestations, and moreover, negate the return of nazi jackboot in 2018.

Goo goo g'joob.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 11:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 11:01 - Apr 19 with 4001 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 10:35 - Apr 19 by DannyPaddox

At first glance I thought it said Peter Sutcliffe.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:02 - Apr 19 with 3889 viewsDannyPaddox

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 11:01 - Apr 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

At first glance I thought it said Peter Sutcliffe.

Nah, he'd be in a Leeds top.

ps: No offence to any serial-killers out there.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:04]
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:12 - Apr 19 with 3853 viewsMrSheen

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 11:00 - Apr 19 by Discodroids

RIP Dale.

It's entirely possible, if not a certainty, that I was tripping on the broken beats of Menabrea lager late one saturday night on here, so my memory is hazy, however i remember a LFW regular (currently serving a match ban), Posting a supportive iberian psychoactive disquisition of Loftinoz and his remedial unsolicited grammatical tutelage to the LFW hoi polloi lower order commonality, Myself included.

This post drew as yet uncharted Key and pertinent ley lines between their own grandad casually garroting nazi's in their bunkers and the correct spelling of tricky words.

Thus if you can correctly spell for example, 'onyx', 'Hors d'oeuvre' and 'Presbyterian' on a football message board then you are deploying the one true weapon to combat fascism in all of its manifestations, and moreover, negate the return of nazi jackboot in 2018.

Goo goo g'joob.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 11:02]

Don't go changin'...
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:30 - Apr 19 with 3786 viewseastside_r

In some ways I hoped that post would have been left up as I believe in free speech but as things developed I can see why Clive needed to take it down.

For those bewildered it was a homophobic comment and that poster is entitled to his views, however objectionable IMHO.

I don't think it was the views expressed per se that led to the deletion but perhaps a potential Blob / Brighton situation.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:37]
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:51 - Apr 19 with 3728 viewsisawqpratwcity

I was wondering what loftinoz might have said and was assuming it was some grammatical or spelling correction that many on here find inflammatory but I consider inconsequential.

But the conclusion I reach from your post, if true, surprises me that he would stray so far from acceptable language. For a person who prides himself/herself on being so correct, that is the equivalent of having a foot in mouth while managing head up arse!

Danny, your communication skills are appreciated, btw.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:14 - Apr 19 with 3676 viewsBlackCrowe

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:30 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

In some ways I hoped that post would have been left up as I believe in free speech but as things developed I can see why Clive needed to take it down.

For those bewildered it was a homophobic comment and that poster is entitled to his views, however objectionable IMHO.

I don't think it was the views expressed per se that led to the deletion but perhaps a potential Blob / Brighton situation.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:37]

There's free speech and then there's pretty disgraceful and hateful, bigoted intolerance that should not be on LFW imo.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:20 - Apr 19 with 3656 viewsDiscodroids

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 12:12 - Apr 19 by MrSheen

Don't go changin'...

It was a most illuminating post of support for our spelling Reich protektorat.

The link between fighting Nazi's and Appointing oneself as the Miss Jean Brodie spelling generalissimo and Swishing ones rattan Webbed school cane about like max mosley in his S&m Pleasure hives on a football message board is all too clear.

In fact, i support loftinoz, and indeed any mans right to pull up fellow QPR fans on Double ending consonants before adding an ending that starts with a vowel at 11.58 pm on a saturday Night.

long may he shake his spelling bee booty. shake shake shake .
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 13:22]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:28 - Apr 19 with 3633 viewseastside_r

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:14 - Apr 19 by BlackCrowe

There's free speech and then there's pretty disgraceful and hateful, bigoted intolerance that should not be on LFW imo.

I totally agree to a certain extent but I think bigots should be seen.

There is a massive debate at the moment in academia about no platforfming / safe spaces.

I used to be a no platformer but now I am not so sure. Let the bigots be seen (and derided) Nick Griffin springs to mind. If you no platform then filth like him will always try to claim a moral victory. Not that I am equating this with the poster deleted.

Germaine Greer feminist icon has been no-platformed for her views on transsexuals FFS. Not Good.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 13:31]
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:53 - Apr 19 with 3568 viewsnix

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:28 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

There is a massive debate at the moment in academia about no platforfming / safe spaces.

I used to be a no platformer but now I am not so sure. Let the bigots be seen (and derided) Nick Griffin springs to mind. If you no platform then filth like him will always try to claim a moral victory. Not that I am equating this with the poster deleted.

Germaine Greer feminist icon has been no-platformed for her views on transsexuals FFS. Not Good.

I understand what you mean but I’d hate to think anyone on this board felt uncomfortable on here because d bigoted views being expressed openly. There’s enough of those hatred sites for that kind of thing. Although I was glad to see it challenged I’d really rather not see it at all because it’s really offensive and because I have no choice about seeing it. If I choose to go to a talk by Nick Griffin then at least I have an option and more fool me!

And by the way, I really don’t consider Germaine Greer a feminist, whatever she calls herself. If you want to read modern feminism, try Caitlin Moran.
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 15:28 - Apr 19 with 3455 viewsFDC

Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 13:28 - Apr 19 by eastside_r

On free speech and platforms

(only on LFW would the first page of a thread about Dale Winton deviate this far!)

[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 15:29]
Dale Winton has swept his last supermarket aisle on 16:33 - Apr 19 with 3352 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think it would be fitting if his body was carried to his final place of rest in a supermarket trolley with the Funeral Director pushing as fast as he can whilst gathering the tributes from the mourners. It would be a funeral to remember and more akin to his persona. This is NOT meant to be a deliberately offensive post; I think it would be fitting.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024